Recent Topics

Ads

Scavenging/butchering looting

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
wdesu

Scavenging/butchering looting

Post#1 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:09 pm

These things make it easier to farm, so I'm afraid the suggestion might be labeled as asking for free stuff. I also don't know if devs would like making farming easier. Anyways.

When you're farming, corspes often overlap making it very hard or even impossible to target a lootable corpse in the pile. You either waste a lot of time trying to click on the right corpse or just lose loot. So there're two suggestions that may fix this problem:
  1. Make corpses disappear immediately (or faster) after scavenging/butchering.
  2. Make all corpses butcherable/scavengeable using loot button.
№2 may be a bug (should go to bugtracker then). Right now lootable (money or any item drop) corpses can be butchered/scavenged using loot button but straight-to-butcherable/scavengeble corpses can't be looted with a button. (The most trivial workaround I can think of would be to make money drop chance 100% while giving smaller amount of money.)

EDIT: Nevermind the last part. The conditions to butcher a corpse using loot button are less straightforward, not all lootable corpses can be just butchered, so the workaround i provided would make no sense.
Last edited by wdesu on Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Toonman

Re: Scavenging/butchering looting

Post#2 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:24 pm

Yeah, just bind the loot key to something else. I have mine binded to the + key on my numberpad and I spam it when I need to butcher or loot.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#3 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:59 pm

It works with The normal loot Button But Just on mobs where an item Drops. Mayb that could be fixed some how
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

dansari

Post#4 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:17 pm

Toonman wrote:Yeah, just bind the loot key to something else. I have mine binded to the + key on my numberpad and I spam it when I need to butcher or loot.
Yep I think the OP does this but he's talking specifically about butchering or scavenging corpses that have the flies visible, not the glitter. I have noticed this as well and basically chalk it up to lost loot. It sounds more like a bug though and not something that's working as intended.
<Salt Factory>

BrownStar

Post#5 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:43 pm

I seem to remember the same frustrating issue like a scratch you can't itch on live as well. It may just be one of those things that my inner **** retentive has come to live with.

freshour
Banned

Post#6 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Yeah I've noticed this a lot as I tend to do quite a bit of farming. You'll kill a big pack, you'll spam your loot key, you can stay totally still but inevitably there will be a couple of mobs that you have to sift through corpses like you are panning for gold to get butchering or scavenging to click on.

It isn't a problem for small packs, but only when you are going for farming a lot of mobs that this is the case. I always wondered why corpses that had been looted/scavenged/butchered didn't just disappear outright. Might clear this up and be a good QOL change.

Dresden
Banned

Post#7 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:16 am

ftlog plz fix k thnx
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q