Recent Topics

Ads

Bringing life to t2/t3

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
roadkillrobin

Bringing life to t2/t3

Post#1 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:06 am

So i've been thinkin, why is it that people skip t2/t3 RVR in favor for power leveling.
And my conclusion is thats there is 2 main problems.
1: People wana get to t4 coz thats were moast of the action are and moast of their friends are playing
2: There's no rewards thats really worth bringng with you from the lower tiers.

So here's what I think is needed to be done to bring life to the mid tiers.
Problem 1: You need to get people to deboloster to keep the t2/t3 zones active,
Problem 2: Add rewards thats worth bringin with you to t4 and worth goin back to t2/t3 over and over for.

Sollution: Zone flip bags in t2/t3 contains a bind of pick up potion, that increase your renown, xp, influence gain by 30% for 1 hour.

Ads
Palitelj

Re: Bringing life to t2/t3

Post#2 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:23 am

I thought about it also, some ppl will debolster for maybe some new look items. If possible reset every char t3/t2 inf and add new items there with unseen look or even maybe add ruin gear to t2/t3 inf rewards so maybe that will hold ppls there. Current rewards are not usefull in early t4 (only belt for some classes).

saupreusse
Developer

Post#3 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:38 am

We cant add new items yet, sadly.

flatfoot1987

Post#4 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:04 am

I suggested something like that in another thread, gonna keep it short: T2/3 have to be worthwhile for people looking forward T4 or they will go grind elsewhere because it's probably gonna be faster and more reliable progressing. Most of us been in low/mid levels so many times we don't even consider going there again if we have the choice (my reason - lack of class defining abilities).

Maybe unique apperance items, some T4 starter gear (is it possible to change stats on T3 inf rewards for that purpose? Something like that was done in T1 in this patch).

Getting a sick xp/rr boost in T2/3 might also be viable. Imagine a scenario when a player knows that entering orvr in mid tiers will almost guarantee that he will be 30/30 within 3-4 nights of playing? I doubt anyone would want to PL then.
Last edited by flatfoot1987 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Afterlife92

Post#5 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:09 am

It's boring because most guildies play t4 and in t2/t3 you have one side always dominating. Players especially pug wbs group up they get pushed and players start leaving groups and switching to other side. Only reward I was farming back and I had to debolster to get it was t3 emp inf belt which is useless now with conq gear and better t4 inf belts. From lower tiers you don't bring any good gear even playing scs is waste of time. Only thing I see is boosting % rr gain to rr 40 but with good group rr shouldn't be an issue.
Bakir

Welch - DoK / Welchz - WP
Paperboy - RP (R.I.P) / Meekz - Zealot
Welchs - AM / Littlez - Shaman
Kriksos - Mara / Skengman - Engi

Dresden
Banned

Post#6 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:56 am

Debolster guilds.

#DaProphecyOfDresden
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

OgiWanBG

Post#7 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:57 am

Also I think ppl should be able to enter T2/T3 at rank 12, or at least T2.
Optimuss - WL - rr57
Ogimir - SW - rr65

Gerv
Banned

Post#8 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:34 am

Imo, it is an interesting balance between creating an environment at supports brand new players (group a), established players (group b) and established players who bring previous live / other PvP MMO players (group c).

Individuals in group a benefit from a supportive active environment which allows them to enjoy the game and keep them incentivised. However on the flip side, individuals in group a and b are looking to out of the temporary tiers in a short time to get to t4. Where the majority of the game is played: full abilities, gear, tactics, potions and other established guild members and friends.

Balancing both camps is the ideal, carrots to promote the RvR campaign in the lower tiers and stimulate influxes of players in t4 are a strong incentive, like the renown boost. Unifying currency to t3 could be another option to keep t3 players involved when active zones change to t2. Are others needed, is the population difference between the two major time zones a factor, how fast do we want players moving through the tiers, these are questions we as staff will need to consider.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Ads
ZewKrwi

Post#9 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:44 am

Ok but... from other side don't you think pushing ppl with exp forward fast like power lvl to t4 will not cost us all? Why we have t1/t2/t3? Why we need to get exp? Why rr and gear? Why not give ppl all at start?
Because they will stop playing ;)

It's all part of a game where ppl can learn how to play, but they need time for that, and when we all will start at t4 we will need to create t5. I hade sc yesterday with about 5 tanks, I was only one healer and none of them gave me a guard and they play as dps... for me I would put them all to t1.

T4 is wide because of rr and gear making it even more will cost as all, and in my opinion will be unfun, because they will learn how to play at t4.
Zewkrwi - Zealot / TUP
Krwizew - Rune Priest / Spiritus Sanctus

http://www.chosna.pl/

Dats

Post#10 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:20 am

There are a lot of ppl that have played this games pve content to death on multiple chars some years ago. I was under the impression that this project was about recreating the better parts of warhammer online and improving on those. Instead of it being a leveling simulator to unlock abilities.
Offtopic
Yes I know you are doing this for free, and we are all thankfull for that. I just think that the forum moderation is a bit too cautious/ wack the mole atm. Sometimes opening up to different viewpoints can empower ones mind..
/Offtopic