Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Renown values for objectives in scenarios

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ygraine

[Suggestion] Renown values for objectives in scenarios

Post#1 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi there.

I've only played for roughly a week but noticed something. Doing objectives in scenarios grant in general a lot less renown than staying with the big group and farming kills.

I'd like to propose to increase the renown gained for the person who goes after the objectives (like planting keg, holding relic and so on) to give more incentive for doing these things.
It felt a little odd that I would gain a lot more renown just farming kills a whole game than to run 4-5 kegs in a row for example. I had a few scenario sessions where no one was picking up the keg and just kept killing enemy players (and winning by that).

Edit: You also often miss out on emblems and loot from dead enemy players since objectives in some scenarios send you away from the group. Perhaps adding further range to being eligable for those drops would solve this issue.

Sincerely

Ygraine

Ads
Tomerant

Re: [Suggestion] Renown values for objectives in scenarios

Post#2 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:51 am

I've only played for roughly a week but noticed something. Doing objectives in scenarios grant in general a lot less renown than staying with the big group and farming kills.
100% agree. After doing some scenarios myself, I've noticed the same.

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:07 am

This will just make certain maps, such as Nordenwatch, more of a capture the flag fest than they already are. PvP should be priority.

While I get where you're coming from, i.e. wanting to see objectives contributing more, it is important to note: most obj -based scenarios are 12v12+, and so you need a good second team to ensure objs are captured in maps such as Logrin and Nord. This is rarely ever the case, and so you spend a large amount of time recapturing and capturing bos - instead of fighting - because 9 times out of 10, your second group is incompetent /not listening. To further increase renown gains from flags will just make maps like the above wild goose chases, with people flat-out avoiding fighting.

Ygraine

Post#4 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:17 pm

I didn't mean it for capture flag-points scenarios, I should have been more specific in my original post. From what I've seen everyone capture flags in Nordenwatch right now.

Gerv
Banned

Post#5 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:33 pm

There is already a sytem in place to attempt to address this. Currently in objective based maps the renown rewarded at the end of the scenario is dependant on the difference between the two scores. On top of this there is less renwon rewarded per kill in objective scenarios.

One issue I see is that if you reward indviduals in scenarios such as Morkain Temple with increased renown then you may end up with solo minded play where calsses that may perish easily pick it up just to earn more renown and sit at the back of a scenario. This is one reason why rewarding the team with points, as it is now, is the best implimentaiton.

Maybe granting a larger team/group renown bonus for completing the objectives, such as delivering the objects in Pheonix Gate and Howling Gorge and newly implimented Talabec Dam could be a option, but i don't know what is code-able.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Tesq

Post#6 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:43 pm

uhm 1 base problem was that for exemple give the bomb sc (like serpent passage) also gave renown to all ppl around the taker when the bomb was given.

Actually this is not implemented; flag sc are fine imo but bomb sc would need a bit of renown love.