Recent Topics

Ads

White Lion Pet damage.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Theseus

White Lion Pet damage.

Post#1 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:14 pm

Ok I now tested the pet damage on a Mob, a Shadow Warrior in Assult Stance a Shadow Warrior in Skirmish and a Swordmaster. And I think its a bit to low. Here are the screenshots, where you can see, what it does with coordinated strike, with normal AA and its own abilities. The SM had 3331 Armor and 538 Thoughness

Thats the Shadow Warrior in Assult

Thats in Skirmish

And thats the Swordmaster Enses

As you can see the pet damage is almost non existant. With that damage, the pet is only a tactic holder for 50% more critdamage and 50% Auto attack haste. It might be more sensible to slot Loaner and get the 25% more damage.... might be a higer damage output, although I would have to test it as I had to drop the 50% crit damage.

PS: I hope you can read the numbers. I am not used to do things with screenshots so the chat box may be to tiny. But I am ready to provide more data if someone on destro side wants to meet to produce it.
Last edited by Theseus on Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Ads
blaqwar

Re: White Lion Pet damage.

Post#2 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:21 pm

I realised some time ago that the damage the lion does on RoR isn't comparable to that of live servers. Hits for 400 and crits for 600 aren't balanced, not at this gear level. It makes sense reading the patch notes, pets were using a 100 dps weapon.

However this feels like a huge nerf to the WL damage. Pet damage is close to negligible now, has there perhaps been an oversight in coding or is this intended to stay?

Theseus

Post#3 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:36 pm

blaqwar wrote:I realised some time ago that the damage the lion does on RoR isn't comparable to that of live servers. Hits for 400 and crits for 600 aren't balanced, not at this gear level. It makes sense reading the patch notes, pets were using a 100 dps weapon.

However this feels like a huge nerf to the WL damage. Pet damage is close to negligible now, has there perhaps been an oversight in coding or is this intended to stay?
I read the patch notes, I commented on that, and I just wanted to turn in some more data after I experimented.^^

I know perfectly well, why it does less damage. I only think its to less.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Korhill

Post#4 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:37 pm

I have to test it myself but seeing those numbers really scares me. This seems to be a big Problem. If that is really the case than the class is finally broken.
Any 2h tank would do quiet the same damage in the long run (without loner) without the downtimes and with all his benefits. I hope i am wrong.

Theseus

Post#5 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:39 pm

Korhill wrote:I have to test it myself but seeing those numbers really scares me. This seems to be a big Problem. If that is really the case than the class is finally broken.
Any 2h tank would do quiet the same damage in the long run (without loner) without the downtimes and with all his benefits. I hope i am wrong.
I have to test it some more as well, and if some Destro tanks, maras or any other class would be a test subject I would be quite thankfull.... If so I would put all the date in here.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Mausini

Post#6 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:57 pm

I did some testing on base damage numbers of WL and Mara's. If you compaire the basedamage of Wirling Axe and the Mara counterpart you will see that the WL Skills do around 25 to 30% less damage.
That should be the damage your lion contributes to the total damage output of a WL. If that damage is missing something is very wrong.

Theseus

Post#7 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:04 pm

Mausini wrote:I did some testing on base damage numbers of WL and Mara's. If you compaire the basedamage of Wirling Axe and the Mara counterpart you will see that the WL Skills do around 25 to 30% less damage.
That should be the damage your lion contributes to the total damage output of a WL. If that damage is missing something is very wrong.
Well I didnt look at it under that point of view. But you can see the damage my Lion did.
Would it be possible, to show the damage differences with some screens? Providing a analysis how much less damage WL does compared to mara with the new pet? That would really help to see if that was the right path with the pet damage.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

blaqwar

Post#8 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:15 pm

I guess you'd need to get a Mara to help, try to get about the same level of STR contribution to skills and compare hitting the same target. Anything else would be kinda pointless. Or you could just compare tooltip values at lvl 40 with no spec points and same STR, much easier I guess (providing they're correct, which they should be).

Ads
Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#9 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:44 pm

Melee pets are using a 48 dps weapon now, range ones are using a 24dps one, your pet is fine, Squig herder one was nerfed harder.
In defensive gear one BW was taking 47 hp hits from my gas squig.

Toldavf

Post#10 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:54 pm

That is concerning I'll be keeping an eye on this in the lakes.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-