Recent Topics

Ads

Blackguard

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
TenTonHammer

Re: Blackguard

Post#51 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:44 am

YUKO wrote: You're free to think otherwise, you're no less wrong

Having two thousand posts is a strong indication of someone playing forum warrior.

Backfire for your disrespect of others opinions and statements.

Class brings very little utility bar a KD and KB which both requires max resource, what it does bring is strong debuffs

almost all of which is made redundant by maras more potent and shorter CD versions or other superior verions (Big brawlin > Wave of scorn etc)

Furthermore it cannot compete with chosens or BO's utility espically their potent morale pumps

Thats the short and sweet version

If you cant see the issues there where one tank is basically nonviable in a party because of how inferior of an option is and want the write the class off as perfect and what not, the go right ahead

Ads
Bozzax

Post#52 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:10 am

YUKO wrote:Wow. I see Blackguard as the most functional class in the game and all this is... whining about small things I don't know or particulary care about even as a BG player.
I sort of can see where you are coming from having played Chosen, BO and lastly BG from but I think the fixes to the mid tree would make the class complete.

The 14pts and 12pts basic avoidance that other classes have at average 9 and 3 really hurts the class in group play. Even more so for 2h group play.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Tesq

Post#53 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:55 am

the 2h bring a:

10% crit increse debuff
10% debuff block/parry (basically remove any 10% block buff order tank have on 9 ppl and they are all block based tank + also 10% cuz it's a bg)

which is awsome for the same reason shatter limbs is, it hit 9 ppl instead like any other g-buff in game which buff 6 ppl so 3+ ppl since it's a debuff and can be put where you want. But you do not have enough point to take a snare unless give away all his avoidance/damage reduction tools, which suck and the build for all above it's a rr 60 build while IB can get all of his tool in 1 build at rr 40 currently if i do not mistake. Moreover all kobs tools (compared to bg crit debuff) are passive auto effect/hit stuff which lower the strenght of bg tools.

These aoe debuff above are very important in destru play, now that the crit debuff was increase a little in duration the 2h it's more viable in rvr,but the problem it's the same the snare it's too high even for the s+b build. The KD also it's block dependand, and with the currently implementation of shield basically if you just put 1 shield with out spec into renown you do not block anything.
So unless they are attacking your guard that skill will never enlight. Basically you need tog uard an aggressive marauder cuz less damage from him that other mates and more block.
Another thing needed is parry on the KD so but a reductionto 4 sec if it's used in 2h remove that dam shield requirement.
Last edited by Tesq on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

YUKO

Post#54 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:08 am

Hah.

I've played mainly BG and IB ever since cap T1, two and a half years ago. If anything that Blackguard needs is access to new weaponry such as the pike and shield, how that would function is entirely up to others.

Find it disturbing and careless seeing other forum members place words in my mouth.

But sure continue you have the authority and right to assume things about me that aren't true or about my gameplay. We'll see how appreciated you'll be by others and especially forum moderators in the future.

Tesq has some valid points. Kudos to Tesq!

Tesq

Post#55 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:24 am

but i edit my post like 20 times cuz bad grammar :/

Ninepaces

Post#56 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:38 pm

Jaycub wrote:>10 sec cd punt
>remove block requirement for KD
>add morale pump (in current morale enviroment)
>buff blade of ruin

That's pretty much it, people can cry about not getting parry/block whatever buff easily but it's not even a problem
So becoming an aura-less version of chosen? I'm not sure. Id prefer if they were helped on the buff/debuff side of their abilities.

TenTonHammer

Post#57 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:07 pm

YUKO wrote:
If anything that Blackguard needs is access to new weaponry such as the pike and shield, how that would function is entirely up to others.

Not going to happen their are neither the models nor the animations

Kazekiri

Post#58 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:26 pm

I'm playing BG for a while now, and I recently stopped playing it for the moment considering how poor he was in 6v6 setup.
That being said, the 3 main factor making it too weak are the comparison with others tank (moral pump, utility) the outshining comparison with mara (mara bringing a better version of nearly everything a BG can bring) and aswel the broken career trees.

In order to be effective, as a 2H tank, you need CD and you need the parry tactics, you can manage to get both but you need so much sacrifice for that, full mercenary to get the extra point and you skip everything but those 2 skills... and the result isnt that bright, you just a sub tank in a grp, a wanna be dps.

Career trees has to be reform, giving access to the parry tactic earlier otherwise you cannot mitigate enough guard dmg. Doing so, BG can invest more career point in order to get all the tactics set and ability he needs, atm being viable 2hander requires way too much sacrifice : http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bg; ... ;;;0:0:0:0:

A KD (3-4 sec not 5) requiring parry instead of block would be awesome and much more reliable. Others tank uses block to moral pump and BO got an amazing assist dps while being kinda defensive thanks to that. Making BG a parry based tank would make that career unique and interesting. And I'm sure any snb BG would see a parry based KD as a buff as well.

We could aswel nerfing a bit the mara's armor debuff and put that role into BG's hand, his armor debuff isn't that far from it atm when you spec full Malice. If you give the current mara's armor debuff to BG and vice versa, BG would have a specific role in party, same as IB had in the double slayer meta. OR we could just buff the BG's armor debuff and let the mara's alone for the moment if asking a nerf creates too much waves atm.

One thing for sure, noone would choose a BG over any other tank in the current state of the game. And nothing will change until we deeply look into his career tree and fix that mess.

For me his role has to be 2 hander, I cannot see how he could compete with a snb BO no matter what change you make (BO dpsing more, more def, and moral 4 after 1min or so), if the BG is snb, he would have to bring so so much more utility in order to find a spot in a party, at least with 2 hander you COULD get a huge part of utility with your assist dmg.

If I repeated what others said I'm sorry, and if the way I put things doesnt fit the rules I'm sorry :P

Ads
Tesq

Post#59 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:44 pm

it's true that on our side one tank lack a CC decrease, with 2 min CD or 1 min CD CC decrease.

That would not really be too strong, even if we would have 2 cc increase, they do not stack and anyway order have it spamable. Still need mroe controll over the client anyway.
But mid path just need a redisposition of skills first so.

Ninepaces

Post#60 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:58 pm

Kaze, SM support damage doesnt come from holding a 2 hander or even from ether dance, it comes from the dots it procs when hitting (and spirit damage). Same with BO, the primary reason it beats BG at support damage is proc-based damage mostly from loudmouth. So pushing BG as a 2h tank would not only result in a marginal increase in damage but also nerfs it even more as it does not have wall of darting steel to fall back on like swordmaster. Dont remove its 5s kd, that is unique to the bg!