Recent Topics

Ads

Dueling

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
dagodmother

Dueling

Post#1 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:48 am

Is there any way you can add a "duel option" in the game?i
I know this game is about RvR(and i enjoy that) but sometimes i just wanna duel around with my friends.For me,the fact that you couldn't dueled in WaR online(but you could in WoW) was a major downside.
Sometimes you just wanna foold around with buddies,or just wanna do 1-2 duels before the q is ready to go to battleground.

If adding duel was possible,i don't see why the gm woudn't add it to the game
P.S:Cheers for the good work so far :d

Ads
Orcpacolypse

Re: Dueling

Post#2 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:00 am

On the official forums people used to post a location for dueling and people would gather there. You may be onto something here, people that are interested in some brawling should start organizing these activities from here on forum since we have quite a lot of people on the server lately. Infact this should be the thread for that.

dagodmother

Post#3 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:25 am

I meant dueling players/friends from the same faction as you,not 1vs1 whoever you came across with.

Luth

Post#4 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:52 am

Afaik there is a /duel command in the game since the beginning. Duelling friendly players was a hot discussion back in the old days. I don't know if there is only the command or if the feature is in the game and "just needs to be unlocked".

Edi: or maybe it was just meant as an emote, that never worked :D

OldPlayer
Former Staff

Post#5 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:54 am

I do not remember duel feature in original WAR. People have organized Order vs. Destro duels in faraway places to avoid being farmed by the either side.
Some used duels to improve their skills and have fun. Some used duels to farm RR.
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.

Xanax

Post#6 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:16 pm

OldPlayer wrote:I do not remember duel feature in original WAR. People have organized Order vs. Destro duels in faraway places to avoid being farmed by the either side.
Some used duels to improve their skills and have fun. Some used duels to farm RR.
I suspect this is the reason that the /duel feature never was activated.

Azarael

Post#7 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:28 pm

Except /duel wouldn't have given you renown, as you'd be killing your own side. I believe from reading one of the Q&As (was hilarious actually, lol) that the feature was never considered high priority enough to implement.

nalgol
Developer

Post#8 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:30 pm

i would like it duelling was huge in swg and wow
hmmm how could we add that :-P

Ads
Grulo

Post#9 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:19 pm

No.

Classes are (supposedly) balanced for RvR. This means that a group of destro are kinda balanced when fighting a group of order; however, 1v1 they aren't. People already complained about balance when fighting 1v1 against someone from the opposite realm; allowing duels would probly double these complaints.

Grulo

Post#10 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:21 pm

nalgol wrote:i would like it duelling was huge in swg and wow
hmmm how could we add that :-P
Level an alt on the opposite faction. Log on that alt whenever you want to duel your friends. You can get to level 10 in a day and get geared in a week.

Geez... there are many more important things to work on atm.