Recent Topics

Ads

Dueling

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Kaitanaroyr

Re: Dueling

Post#71 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:20 am

Allorien wrote:I will give you a break.

Do not worry. xrealm chat will be removed from the game, if not today, someday.

I think this could be settled by asking how the argument went between GW and Mythic as far as how much "sense" it makes to have/not have xrealm chat and/or dueling. It was never in the live game. The argument/debate/discussion took place before WaR's release.

Those who want this chat gone. I propose for us to seek out those in the lakes that are just playing Chathammer and disrupt them by killing what we can. Lets stop this Chathammer by banding together when people start playing Chathammer, and kill the opposing factions members that are joining in on this Chathammer nonsense.
Dueling was to be added to game as you can see if you look at the list of commands.
Spoiler:
Wixxy 100 SM,Artemis,100 SW,Wannabeheals 100 WP,Rikashi 100 Kotbs,Whisper 100 WH,Whispers WH,Veioe 100 Zeal,Antzz 98WH,Kaitanaroyr100 WL,Sumtingwong RP,Saturn WP 80,hemorrhage 100 zeal

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#72 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:03 pm

Idrinth wrote: You mean, that the game's universe doesn't make sense to you? Well, there are a lot of things you could read to catch up on it...
If theres orcs out in the lakes there is NO WAY IN HELL dwarves will be rubbing their epeens up against each other. Considering their animosity rules only greenskins would fight each other during war or followers of different chaos gods in previous editions.

The IP clearly confuses you.
Last edited by Telen on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telen
Suspended

Post#73 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:04 pm

Kaitanaroyr wrote: Dueling was to be added to game as you can see if you look at the list of commands.
No it was removed. The commands are a leftover.

Telen
Suspended

Post#74 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:05 pm

bobthehero wrote:Immersion? Give me a break, fighters shout insults and whatnot over the battlefield all the time, it'd be more immersion breaking to see a mute army charging towards you and while I kinda wish I'd never have to deal with the stupid Orc talk ever again, I'd rather keep xrealm chat on.

Its not like there was never a duel in an Empire city that went wrong or a grudge that had to be settled between two dwarves, not mentionning everyone on the destruction side. Removing xfaction chat and not adding dueling for the sake of immersion makes very little sense.
Dont be a wuss get out in the lakes

Allorien

Post#75 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:38 pm

Kaitanaroyr wrote:Dueling was to be added to game as you can see if you look at the list of commands.
If you could show me any kind of proof that GW had given the go ahead to Mythic to implement dueling, I will gladly stand corrected. The details on this /duel command are known or not known? To my understanding Mythic was wanting to implement dueling (between the factions, not duels of players from the same faction). GW had the final say. And they said no.

Idrinth
Addon Developer

Post#76 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:08 pm

Telen wrote:
Idrinth wrote: You mean, that the game's universe doesn't make sense to you? Well, there are a lot of things you could read to catch up on it...
If theres orcs out in the lakes there is NO WAY IN HELL dwarves will be rubbing their epeens up against each other. Considering their animosity rules only greenskins would fight each other during war or followers of different chaos gods in previous editions.

The IP clearly confuses you.
And while there aren't orcs around those dwarves might not take the chance and practice with each other?
Addons&more Addon News&Creation&Testing Addon News Blog
  • Idrinth - Swordmaster
  • Alitsa - Knight of the Blazing Sun
  • Alitza - Warrior Priestess
  • Idrynth - Disciple of Khaine

Telen
Suspended

Post#77 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:17 pm

Idrinth wrote: And while there aren't orcs around those dwarves might not take the chance and practice with each other?
Not when theres a war on.
If it comes to a point where there no one to fight except those on your own realm. Then you might as well close the server as the game is dead. One reason there might not be anyone to fight is they are also epeen dueling each other. The only time dueling would have any point anyway is if its the same class in the same gear at the same level. Otherwise one will say its unbalanced and whinge to the devs about it. This is a group game not a dueling game.

bobthehero

Post#78 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:01 pm

You could have dedicated areas to duel, far away from the frontlines.
Bobthehero: Level 40 Greatsword of the Blazing Sun RR43

Ads
dagodmother

Post#79 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:06 am

Again,it's all hypothetical speaking

1)if you don''t like duels,don't do them(it's very easy)

2)We understand you don't gain anything from duels(we do them only for FUN and for improving our reactions/accommodating with new binds/new morals/new builds)

3) 1vs1 fights are not balance and they will never be,we UNDERSTAND THAT

4)Trolls will be troll(we find trolls in every game) and even if there are no duels in Warhammer for now,there are still a lot of trolls outhere(and this server still exist,despite the existance of trolls)

5)WE DO THEM FOR FUN and only for fun

Telen
Suspended

Post#80 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:29 am

Well there would need to be serious rules drawn up that any trolling over duels would result in ban.

Half the dueller would be banned in a week as thats all it for.