Recent Topics

Ads

Dueling

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Azarael

Re: Dueling

Post#61 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:21 am

Solid arguments:

- Implementation time
- 1v1 is unbalanced, yet duels will be used for ePeen rights despite being meaningless for the aforementioned balance reason
- Contrary to realm spirit of the game

Ads
dagodmother

Post#62 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:27 am

Azarael wrote:Solid arguments:

- Implementation time
- 1v1 is unbalanced, yet duels will be used for ePeen rights despite being meaningless for the aforementioned balance reason
- Contrary to realm spirit of the game

1)as i said, HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING(after all bugs will be fixed) there is no harm in trying to introduce duels

2)how many time do i have to say it,we all KNOW duels/1vs1 is not balance,and will never be,we only do them for fun..

3) contrary to what?even in wars soldies/warrior used to wrestle with each others in camps for fun/learning/killing time

Telen
Suspended

Post#63 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:50 am

dagodmother wrote:
1)as i said, HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING(after all bugs will be fixed) there is no harm in trying to introduce duels

2)how many time do i have to say it,we all KNOW duels/1vs1 is not balance,and will never be,we only do them for fun..

3) contrary to what?even in wars soldies/warrior used to wrestle with each others in camps for fun/learning/killing time
Dueling is not training for rvr. Its just for epeen.
My old guild used to plant flags outside captured keeps and see how long we could survive as practice.
In gw2 we'd take half an hour a week to all meet up before going into rvr to run around practice cohesion with new members or some randoms joining us that night spamming out aoes and and cc on imaginary enemies while staying as tight as possible which was very effective there.#
That is training. Helps guild. Helps realm. Not making prearranged epeen contests that don't in any way simulate the lakes and just damage realm pride with personal pride. You're not a special snowflake, You're part of a realm.

I kited a choppa chosen and mara round nordenwatch tonight. Killing all 3 the game isn't suitable for duels.
Last edited by Telen on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobthehero

Post#64 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:52 am

You're really taking this way too seriously.
Bobthehero: Level 40 Greatsword of the Blazing Sun RR43

Allorien

Post#65 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:57 am

There is always a chance of GW coming in and shutting this down. Adding the ability to duel members of your own faction will get their attention quicker than not. GW said NO. Their universe.

It does seem neat to be able to duel. I think a /duel command would be nice for 1 on 1 between a member of each faction. I have little interest in duels, and no interest in dueling any member of my own faction.

There is a reason it was not given high priority. It doesn't contribute to RvR in any way. In fact dueling other members of your own faction takes away from RvR. No one gains anything from it (no RP, no EXP, no gained useful skill). That is right. One fights the other faction for RP via RvR "lakes" and SC's. What use is the skill to kill a member of your own faction 1 on 1?

Similar to xrealm chatting...this would detract from faction loyalty and immersion.

bobthehero

Post#66 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:28 am

Immersion? Give me a break, fighters shout insults and whatnot over the battlefield all the time, it'd be more immersion breaking to see a mute army charging towards you and while I kinda wish I'd never have to deal with the stupid Orc talk ever again, I'd rather keep xrealm chat on.

Its not like there was never a duel in an Empire city that went wrong or a grudge that had to be settled between two dwarves, not mentionning everyone on the destruction side. Removing xfaction chat and not adding dueling for the sake of immersion makes very little sense.

Allorien

Post#67 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:20 am

I will give you a break.

Do not worry. xrealm chat will be removed from the game, if not today, someday.

I think this could be settled by asking how the argument went between GW and Mythic as far as how much "sense" it makes to have/not have xrealm chat and/or dueling. It was never in the live game. The argument/debate/discussion took place before WaR's release.

Those who want this chat gone. I propose for us to seek out those in the lakes that are just playing Chathammer and disrupt them by killing what we can. Lets stop this Chathammer by banding together when people start playing Chathammer, and kill the opposing factions members that are joining in on this Chathammer nonsense.

bobthehero

Post#68 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:24 am

You do that

Ads
Allorien

Post#69 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:27 am

I'll tell ya what makes "very little sense" to me:
bobthehero wrote:Its not like there was never a duel in an Empire city that went wrong or a grudge that had to be settled between two dwarves, not mentionning everyone on the destruction side. Removing xfaction chat and not adding dueling for the sake of immersion makes very little sense.
I think you must be tr***ing.

Idrinth
Addon Developer

Post#70 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:02 am

Allorien wrote:I'll tell ya what makes "very little sense" to me:
bobthehero wrote:Its not like there was never a duel in an Empire city that went wrong or a grudge that had to be settled between two dwarves, not mentionning everyone on the destruction side. Removing xfaction chat and not adding dueling for the sake of immersion makes very little sense.
I think you must be tr***ing.
You mean, that the game's universe doesn't make sense to you? Well, there are a lot of things you could read to catch up on it...
Addons&more Addon News&Creation&Testing Addon News Blog
  • Idrinth - Swordmaster
  • Alitsa - Knight of the Blazing Sun
  • Alitza - Warrior Priestess
  • Idrynth - Disciple of Khaine