Recent Topics

Ads

EC cheese punting.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: How to fix the cheese EC punting

Poll ended at Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:23 am

Add a portal in the abyss
25%
Add more walls (make Trump proud)
35%
Keep it as is
35%
Other (add a suggestion below)
5%
Total votes: 40

peterthepan3

Re: EC cheese punting.

Post#31 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:16 pm

@Woatan

Fair points, but if I may postulate:

Assuming EC became a 6v6 (prem vs prem) only scenario, and most premades were against this punt mechanic/void of nothingness, what would your opinion be? Bearing in mind that ONLY premades could join. Just speculating atm, and i'm fully aware ec may become a soloq'r only scen

Ads
RyanMakara

Post#32 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:37 pm

Woatan wrote:My answer would still be No, because of reasons mentioned.
Premades that dislike EC would still have plenty other options to go with just as other premades enjoying EC would let it remain on their queue list.

I rarely queued for Tor Anroc because of lava. Instead of killing one major concept of the map, asking for invisible walls, I simply played other scenarios. Lots of them :)
If I had to wall off Tor Anroc, I'd be so mad at myself. And as an IB I love to punt, but it seems cheesy to do in a proper 6v6 if it means insta-death to anyone. For pugs and 12v12 it's mad fun, though, and this is also how Tor Anroc was always played on RoR. Plus, lava is easier to survive on RoR than on live; a death pit is simply instant death.

RyanMakara

Post#33 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:53 pm

Woatan wrote:Ryan,

At the end of the day you guys are running the show.
My reasoning wasn't revolving around EC per say. I see a trend and a mindset on the forum that I feel is pushing development in wrong direction.

Changing everything because you can doesn't neccessarily mean that it needs to be changed.

My 2 cents of course.
In my opinion, it is worth trying. Sometimes when we try things, they fail, we get back up and try something different. We can restore that which we've had before, or attempt to improve upon it and gradually learning along the way. We also like to take the forum consensus into account, as it was a thing missed by the original Mythic devs back on live. Doesn't mean we'll pander to every suggestion and feedback, but when we feel some things are worth trying, we'll give them a shot.

Now that the fall damage will be fixed I'm slightly worried we'll continue to see these cheese punt tactics, in which 4 tanks huddle up at either portal side and wait for zoning enemies to appear for instant death punts. We'll have to wait and see for the next rotation I guess ;)

peterthepan3

Post#34 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:35 pm

The core of EC is that it is the most intense, fast-paced and readily available scenario in the game. The punting plays a part in it, but is in no way the core - though I do get what you're saying, and for a lot of people punting became part of the fun with the map, which is why I feel it is important to distinguish between fun/normal EC and EC as a 6v6 scen.

Londo

Post#35 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:40 pm

Invisible barriers will be removed and replaced with following mechanic:

-When player is punted into abyss there is 50% chance to trigger "Winds of Change".
-When "Wings of Change" is in affect there is 50% chance punted target is catapulted back from abyss and 50% punter is sucked into abyss.

peterthepan3

Post#36 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:41 pm

Londo wrote:Invisible barriers will be removed and replaced with following mechanic:

-When player is punted into abyss there is 50% chance to trigger "Winds of Change".
-When "Wings of Change" is in affect there is 50% chance punted target is catapulted back from abyss and 50% punter is sucked into abyss.
Cool, so I guess the scenario is going to be a solo-only option?

Dabbart

Post#37 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:35 pm

Londo wrote:Invisible barriers will be removed and replaced with following mechanic:

So, the target gets punted in, then a 50% chance that they "switch" places? ala pulls?
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Avoceti

Post#38 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:46 am

You want to get rid of something cheese how about the mara pull that is a select death sentence for healers and softskin dps players. There is nothing more cheese than a mara sitting in the middle of ten destro and pulling a healer.

Ads
Wuhh

Post#39 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:52 am

Being someone has always enjoyed EC Sc, and see the punting as a definitive part of the setup, the invisible wall on the top level seems to be a good idea (stops the entire sc from ending up with people hugging the solid wall at the middle portal).
Leaving walls off the lower portal areas allows for tactical punting. Removing a class/player from that fight for a little while, e/g punting who we think is calling their targets, or their main healer, or a good tank.
The Thing that made this recoverable from was getting a respawn as you died in the abyss below while falling, giving the standard respawn sc rules.

All this sc needs is for the punted person to die in some fashion, or have a portal down the bottom to return to your spawn point.
You could also put in invisible walls on the higher area that is not meant to be accessible, as a person can be punted up there, and choose not to come back into the fight.

I made a lot of punts in this sc last week, and enjoyed every one of them. We started to do it more, so this could be fixed and made a fully working as intended sc.

simtex
Suspended

Post#40 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:40 am

EC makes for some intresting fights, you should keep it as on live with punts allowed or just remove it completely. It's a pretty useless SC if you take away the punt aspect - GL playing a rDPS in there.
Beautybeast|Buffedbabe|Inikah|Simtex|Seifu
twitch