Recent Topics

Ads

RvR force equalizer.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Stmichael1989

RvR force equalizer.

Post#1 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:25 am

Of all the problems that currently plague open RvR, as far as I see it, uneven populations causes the most harm to the game. It forces bad game design such as keeps being stupidly slanted toward defense, and it also has a powerful sway over things like crossrealming. With the exception of small scale ganking, there's not a whole lot the outnumbered realm can do to effectively fight back. If and when keep sieges become less slanted toward the defender, there will be nothing to stop the bandwagon.

I'm not sure if there was ever a desire to implement a force equalizer into RvR by Mythic, but it's tragic they never did, since the tools were staring them right in the face. We're even so lucky as to have two potential ways to do so for RoR.

The "Lore Friendly" way: WFB is not a game between two numerically identical infantry armies. There's lords, heroes, artillery, cavalry, monstrous creatures etc. that make up an army and combine with a point system to field equal forces. How does this play into RoR? Give the outnumbered side access to some special units to even the odds. Get some pistoliers riding around Praag, a dragon in Caledor, a squad of blood letters in Chaos Wastes, etc. Put some basic commands on a pet bar and let players summon one unit each until there's enough extra units in the RvR lake to make it a fair fight.

The Champion route: Alternatively, the outnumbered side could get a certain number of players boosted to Champion status as from the old city stage 3. Not as flavorful as the first option, but probably easier to implement and control.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer

Ads
jepz

Re: RvR force equalizer.

Post#2 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:57 am

In two words - you want to let NPC help less population side on RvR? Would be nice, if this NPC also gave RR for death
1st rule of Warhammer - noone can leave Warhammer.
2nd rule of Warhammer - everyone return to Warhammer.
3rd rule of Warhammer - playing other MMO's during break isn't cheating to Warhammer.

machopi1

Post#3 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:04 am

I have a better idea - make a thread about xrealming lock-outs. Never had one of those before so im sure people will listen!

jepz

Post#4 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:08 am

machopi1 wrote:I have a better idea - make a thread about xrealming lock-outs. Never had one of those before so im sure people will listen!
There were xrealming lock on original server, but it was easy to prevent it just by crashing WAR.exe via ctrl+alt+del
1st rule of Warhammer - noone can leave Warhammer.
2nd rule of Warhammer - everyone return to Warhammer.
3rd rule of Warhammer - playing other MMO's during break isn't cheating to Warhammer.

Egoboy

Post#5 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:51 am

jepz wrote:
machopi1 wrote:I have a better idea - make a thread about xrealming lock-outs. Never had one of those before so im sure people will listen!
There were xrealming lock on original server, but it was easy to prevent it just by crashing WAR.exe via ctrl+alt+del
...And you are saying this NOW!!!!! :shock:

Dalgrimar

Post#6 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:45 am

I feel this problem mainly exist in RoR tho.
Live RvR felt allot better with also allot more smallscale fights instead of just zerging.
They shouldnt have touched the Live RvR mechanic and let it be.
RoR RvR is one big cancerfest to say the least.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Ossos
Banned

Post#7 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:07 am

rules used in another RvR game:

"" (...)
2. Access to the game server and in game behaviour
- Players are limited to one master account. Thus, ownership of more than one master account is prohibited.
- Account sharing is not allowed.
(...)
- The selling of accounts, items or gold is strictly prohibited and will result in account termination. This will also include power-levelling services.
- The usage of cheats, hacks, or other third party tools is forbidden. This includes radar tools, speed hacks; fly hacks, macro tools, auto clickers, level bots and sniffer tools.
(...)
- Switching to other realms is strictly limited to prevent cross realming. Bypassing the restrictions in place is forbidden.
- Intentional cooperation of players between different realms is not allowed. This includes arranged duels and realm point farming.
(...)"

Stmichael1989

Post#8 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:53 pm

I feel like everyone missed the point of the thread. Using either player controlled NPCs or champion bolsters to balance population disparities is an end in and of itself. Fixing that problem has the added benefit of removing or diminishing the incentive to cross realm, but doing something like an account lockout won't fix the problem of uneven realm population.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer

Ads
Kuroiwashi

Post#9 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:08 pm

I feel Stmichael option is a bit more work and handfull for the devs to implement, what Ossos posted is the easier way to fix this issue imo

Markosiz

Post#10 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:43 pm

i love the idea i do...but...who do you assign champ status to?
if champ is in camp afk?
if champ logs out?
who gets champ status?
if someone gets champ staus do they get rr debuf?
how much rr do you get for killing champ?

you see were im going..

but as i said i like the idea, i think using ncp to balance is really nice, but still hard to implement.
Last edited by Markosiz on Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.