Recent Topics

Ads

RvR force equalizer.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Luicetarro

Re: RvR force equalizer.

Post#11 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:46 pm

Both options won't work.

Playercontrolled NPCs are abusable. You can't even controll if a Pet was bolstered, how are you able to controll (without causing more server issues)=, if the spawned NPCs are still needed due to population-change?
Let half of your WB fly to another zone, call your NPCs, recall your wb, profit.
Would need a check to prevent such things. And if half of the NPCs aren't needed anymore, how to get rid of the leftover ones? Despawn them by their time spawned? Server would need to check an single NPC, at any given time. Same with the populationcounter.

New strategy to let half of your wb run back, out of RvR, to despawn enemies NPCs, just to call your wb back in again. Maybe you get some shots at the other faction, while they are trying to resummon the despawned NPCs.

Etc. etc. Just two simple thoughts about abusing the first option.

About champs, well partly the same issue. Let half of your wb head out of RvR, get some champs, just to call your wb back in. Or the other way around.
Random player are champed? Well, just do that back&forth, till you get the call that some random noob, or class that istn't really usefull is champed. So one/several champs on the other teams side are useless now.
Only special player are champed? Maybe based on some rank-system? Well, expect ppl to aim to get champs, just to head into ambushing ganksquads, while champed, instead of helping their realm.

Just some wild ideas, how you could abuse both systems. Without mentioning the trouble of implementing it.
If something will give someone a boost, there WILL be ways to abuse it and there WILL be ppl aiming to abuse it.

Ads
Aquilon

Post#12 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:03 pm

Luicetarro wrote:Both options won't work...
Sometimes it's better to think, than write.
Luicetarro wrote: Playercontrolled NPCs are abusable.
No, it's not. AAO gone - NPCs gone.
Luicetarro wrote: About champs, well partly the same issue.
No, it's not. AAO gone - champs buff gone.
System should be dynamic.
Means determine end.

Luicetarro

Post#13 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:55 pm

Aquilon wrote:
Luicetarro wrote:Both options won't work...
Sometimes it's better to think, than write.
Luicetarro wrote: Playercontrolled NPCs are abusable.
No, it's not. AAO gone - NPCs gone.
Luicetarro wrote: About champs, well partly the same issue.
No, it's not. AAO gone - champs buff gone.
System should be dynamic.
And how are you gonne argue about the other points I made? Like letting enemies NPC despawn, by reducing AAO for a minute, heading back (logging back on), while the remaining force did keep the outnumbered busy?
Or force a champion to be applied to an useless person with your dynamic AAO check?
Or gank-groups, that will kill straggler while champed, only farming RR while not helping their realm, as supposed as champion (since it is the buff to be an equalizer)?
What about someone asking his guild to get into the RvR-Map, constantly raising/reducing AAO, until their guildmate got champbuffed?

Still abusable, even with dynamic AAO-trigger. So please, safe your 'Sometimes it's better to think, than write.'

Not talking about the stress the server might face with a system like that. Every time AAO will change, this system would have to recheck the condition, locate NPCs, despawn them (based on what? Guess date of beeing recalled would be the simplest), or allign/remove Champ-status.
No idea if this would be hard for the server, since it would have to do that on any RvR-Location, all the time.

Ashoris

Post#14 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:38 pm

Ossos wrote:rules used in another RvR game:

"" (...)
2. Access to the game server and in game behaviour
- Players are limited to one master account. Thus, ownership of more than one master account is prohibited.
- Account sharing is not allowed.
(...)

- Switching to other realms is strictly limited to prevent cross realming. Bypassing the restrictions in place is forbidden.
(...)"
Do you know anything about the past of this server or have a deeper understanding of the mechanics of all 3 realms ?
I think not, otherwise you would not post it as a good example.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Dabbart

Post#15 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:50 pm

I had an idea similar to this. I was thinking how to create a truly WAR like atmosphere, and ofc the best to do that is to throw in more enemies!

A dozen or so NPCs on either side that fight constantly, whether players are there or not, the buffs on the NPCs will alter based upon player count. Could be a really fun fight!

However, as stated in another thread, the ability to give NPCs scripting to walk around and fight is difficult, and could lead to lots of clipping/bugs not to mention is very time intensive. Obviously, one hopes this sort of thing is accomplished for PvE Dungeons. I have no idea how you go about coding in a fluxuating buff or NPC "rank" based on player count but I can't imagine it would be simple. Basically, always remember what is actual able to be done on an idea(not directed at OP per say).

That isn't even bothering to discuss the balance or abuses that could be possible. The actual ability to do so would be near non-existent, especially with the current New ORvR mechanics on the way...

So yea. Kewl idea. Good theorycrafting topic.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Stmichael1989

Post#16 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:30 am

Dabbart wrote:That isn't even bothering to discuss the balance or abuses that could be possible. The actual ability to do so would be near non-existent, especially with the current New ORvR mechanics on the way...
New RvR mechanics? Are there any details about this? I know the official stance is that the current state of RvR is a placeholder, but I haven't seen anything about a direction the devs plan to go in.

As for everyone complaining about exploitability, that's what coding and design is for. Hell, even current siege weapons have the potential for abuse and trolling, that doesn't mean we should get rid of them. Imagine, for example, a 5 minute timer on the champ buff or the pet NPCs that refreshes when you enter combat. Or maybe it doesn't even refresh at all, just passes to someone else. The potential for abuse still exists, but it's mitigated. More importantly, those who aren't trolling have an even fight on their hands.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer

Dabbart

Post#17 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:32 am

Spoiler:
Stmichael1989 wrote:
Dabbart wrote:That isn't even bothering to discuss the balance or abuses that could be possible. The actual ability to do so would be near non-existent, especially with the current New ORvR mechanics on the way...
New RvR mechanics? Are there any details about this? I know the official stance is that the current state of RvR is a placeholder, but I haven't seen anything about a direction the devs plan to go in.

As for everyone complaining about exploitability, that's what coding and design is for. Hell, even current siege weapons have the potential for abuse and trolling, that doesn't mean we should get rid of them. Imagine, for example, a 5 minute timer on the champ buff or the pet NPCs that refreshes when you enter combat. Or maybe it doesn't even refresh at all, just passes to someone else. The potential for abuse still exists, but it's mitigated. More importantly, those who aren't trolling have an even fight on their hands.
https://returnofreckoning.com/forum/vie ... 1&start=10
Aza has discussed some of the changes in other threads, that was just the first one I found searching. I remembered the "future rvr systen is designed to deal with four problems" part... :P He continues explanation later in the thread as well I believe...

To be honest, pointing out flaws and exploitability is really helpful at times. It lets you prepare and deal with them BEFORE they become an issue, so "negative nancy" isn't always a bad thing. Just sometimes. And mildly annoying.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Sizer

Post#18 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:14 am

Dalgrimar wrote:I feel this problem mainly exist in RoR tho.
Live RvR felt allot better with also allot more smallscale fights instead of just zerging.
They shouldnt have touched the Live RvR mechanic and let it be.
RoR RvR is one big cancerfest to say the least.

Yes, and on live the servers were completely stable, there were no bugs, no class balance issues, no gear gaps or grinding, every rvr fight was 100% even, and there were always small scale fights all the time on every server, since you know, zerging never happened and was never rewarding on live.

Seriously, did you just play a different game than the rest of us? Because i wish I had tried it.
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

Ads
Shutyergob

Post#19 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:17 am

RvR force Equilizer? Shoooot.... Ya mean the faction that has AAO also gets Edward Woodward on their side? Effin sweet!!... That'll more than even out the odds!

Click here to watch on YouTube

lawfol

Post#20 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:01 pm

Ossos wrote:rules used in another RvR game:

"" (...)
2. Access to the game server and in game behaviour
- Players are limited to one master account. Thus, ownership of more than one master account is prohibited.
- Account sharing is not allowed.
(...)
- The selling of accounts, items or gold is strictly prohibited and will result in account termination. This will also include power-levelling services.
- The usage of cheats, hacks, or other third party tools is forbidden. This includes radar tools, speed hacks; fly hacks, macro tools, auto clickers, level bots and sniffer tools.
(...)
- Switching to other realms is strictly limited to prevent cross realming. Bypassing the restrictions in place is forbidden.
- Intentional cooperation of players between different realms is not allowed. This includes arranged duels and realm point farming.
(...)"

summarized in one thing for ROR: dont be a ****.

And the sniffing tool is funny,because without sniffing tools there would be no ROR.

Main problem is actually not wording rules (literally every one could copy and paste...you get it?) but the actual CONTROL and ENFORCEMENT.

And, may be not heard of it, or ou dont get it: no playing server,testing server.

CU on the battlefield.