Recent Topics

Ads

X-Realming Counter

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Theseus

X-Realming Counter

Post#1 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:09 pm

As I have the feeling, that x-realming is growing overboard, i thought about some solutions. The first I came up with, a timer that get you stuck on one side, isnt sadly going to work, as you can have more than one account.

So I thought about it some more.... and under some conditions, there might be something we could do.

My idea was, if we could monitor, what is played on an account and apply buffs that stay even after logging out and in aggain, we could give the chars an buff for every consecutive hour they stayed on one side. That buff should give them a plus of 0.5% Renown up to the total of 10 or 20% more renown. Additionally we could say if you have the full buff you get 1 mor emblem out of sc and one more medallion out of a successfull keep assault. If you change sides the buff is lost and you have to start new.

That way we would give people an incentive to stick with one side for longer instead of constantly switching to the whinning side.

I really would like to hear what you people think about it, and if it is even possible.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: X-Realming Counter

Post#2 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:13 pm

I like to see some ideas but I dont think this is the right way to go (my personal opinion) since it just then feel unfair for players that are more casual vs people who play a lot.

I mean just because you are in the game for 4h straight should not give you bonus RR :P

EDIT: moved topic to the right section of the forum :D

Theseus

Post#3 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:21 pm

Well you got a point there, i guess, but for that reason I set a realtivly low cap.... and I asked, as well for that reason, if the buff could be kept after logging out and on again, so that casuals may get the buf a bit later but will get the full buff as well.

Edit: Thanks for moving.^^
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Luicetarro

Post#4 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:24 pm

So Xrealmer with two accounts will have double buffs and aren't blocked. So they can switch sides AND get buffed?
Unless you have a working solution for checking accounts for that, it will only make them benefit from that.
It even would benefit xrealmer with two computer, since they could log into both sides, keeping their buff, because they can double-client (since doubled IPs aren't blocked, so ppl from the same household may play as well).
Unless I got something wrong, of course.

It's a nice idea in general, but easy abusable.

Buffing RR-reward would be nice for ppl, true to their realm, but loosing the buff, to get more kills in general, will benefit player even more. How much RR will you get, outnumbered, even with a buff? So switching sides will get you more RR in the long run. It would benefit some ppl, but won't block xrealming.

Theseus

Post#5 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:40 pm

That is a valid point, but what if we didnt tie the buff to time online, but to contribution to the realm.... so as per sc done, per defended castle taken.... etc, then it would be a bit more difficult, and we could give an incentive to stop mail hugging as well.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Theseus

Post#6 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:41 pm

The main problem ist, no matter how you adress ist, the point with two accounts remain valid.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

simtex
Suspended

Post#7 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:00 pm

You cant avoid people using 2 accounts, but for god sake put a CD on faction swap on 1 account. Many ppl (including myself), just use 1 account.
Beautybeast|Buffedbabe|Inikah|Simtex|Seifu
twitch

YUKO

Post#8 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:26 pm

Natherul wrote:I like to see some ideas but I dont think this is the right way to go (my personal opinion) since it just then feel unfair for players that are more casual vs people who play a lot.
simtex wrote:You cant avoid people using 2 accounts, but for god sake put a CD on faction swap on 1 account. Many ppl (including myself), just use 1 account.
Nej. Vägrar.

However a faction-switch time lock for 40 min is viable.

Ads
CzarRedwall

Post#9 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:15 pm

There are people who play with two computers and two accounts. I don't think xrealming will ever be fixed. Unless you start tying it into ip addresses and stuff, but I am no computer whizz so what do I know?

Bignusty

Post#10 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:19 pm

YUKO wrote:
Natherul wrote:I like to see some ideas but I dont think this is the right way to go (my personal opinion) since it just then feel unfair for players that are more casual vs people who play a lot.
simtex wrote:You cant avoid people using 2 accounts, but for god sake put a CD on faction swap on 1 account. Many ppl (including myself), just use 1 account.
Nej. Vägrar.

However a faction-switch time lock for 40 min is viable.
Prefer some hours than your 40 min ... 40 min it's nothing but 4 or 8 hours its more viable .