Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario Manager?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Jaycub

Scenario Manager?

Post#1 » Fri May 13, 2016 10:43 pm

Over half the scenarios the past few days on order at least on my end pugging have had either no healer between two parties or one, or ONLY dps healers.

I also know that solo queing as a dps is significantly slower pops then queing as a group, yet the increased wait times do not even pay off with a scenario with proper group composition.

Can we go back to 2-2-2 pug groups? That one week was amazing. As a DPS you need to find a tank/healer to que up with. But maybe we could also have scenarios pop 6v6 DPS only (whenever there is a major surplus of DPS in the que)? It would be fair/fun and interesting as well.

Also yes I know

>just make a premade

But that isn't something that is doable everytime I am online. I also feel forced to do scenarios since annihilator gear is so garbage for DPS I'm still wondering why SC set is BiS this time around.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
th3gatekeeper

Re: Scenario Manager?

Post#2 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:51 pm

Inb4 all the pros from live come in and talk about how PUG SCs are not how this game should be played and it should be 500 vs 500 and require guilds and large amounts of players in order to do anything.

But, being honest. I feel your pain dude. I actually would be in favor of forcing a 1-1-1 or 2-2-2 group Que. It would encourage people to play together and look for people to play with.

Maybe leave 1-2 maps as "solo Q" maps - ones that require the least coordination (like temple of Isha) for instance or even Ekrund as you can kinda PVE cap that and still walk away with points.

But many maps like Tor Anroc REALLY require all classes... especially healers. Forcing a 1-1-1 Que or 2-2-2 Que ensures players will work together and atleast have balanced rolls.

Or heck, even if you just made a check that forced you to have ATLEAST 1 of each archtype would be a step up.

So a 3-2-1 group would work. or even a 3-1-1. There are options that I would be ok with - if it meant more balanced SCs.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

thefarthestland

Post#3 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:52 am

1. Need change the reward system for scenarios
Medallion system makes premade play 24/7 to pick up gears.
Not for fun
Not challenge
Opponents weaker better.
Only to farm

2. Make one solo queue that only plays with solo queue

catholicism198

Post#4 » Sat May 14, 2016 1:09 am

thefarthestland wrote: 2. Make one solo queue that only plays with solo queue
A lot of us have been asking for this a good while. Don't think it'll happen though- so I don't really bother queuing for SCs anymore since I'm just paired against Order premades.

thefarthestland

Post#5 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:37 am

catholicism198 wrote:
thefarthestland wrote: 2. Make one solo queue that only plays with solo queue
A lot of us have been asking for this a good while. Don't think it'll happen though- so I don't really bother queuing for SCs anymore since I'm just paired against Order premades.
on both sides ... just have more premade an order

Azarael

Post#6 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:38 am

OP, I believe that players are abusing the current group check to bypass the system. The code for pure PUG matching did not change, and it will force 2-2-2 as best it can. Only when groups enter the system (which causes a Scenario Manager message to be sent if you are part of the initial set of players) does this become vulnerable to abuse.

Ghostweed

Post#7 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:44 am

@Aza

Im really sorry, but it looks that it is not working properly. Past few days I was playing my DPS shammy (800+ int, cca 250 will) and the matchmaker did put me in SCs where I was the only healer/1 of 2 healers. Im not sure if I remember it correctly, but u have stated, that if my inteligence is bigger than willpower then matchmaker will treat me as DPS.

@OP

that was probably me, Im sorry for spoiling up the scs, but I had renown/mastery set on DPS, but atleast I changed gear to my healing one.
Gorrgfang da Shaman & Gokrok da Black Orc

Azarael

Post#8 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:46 am

As I previously stated:

The matchmaker is ONLY reliable if ALL participants in the scenario are PUGs. As soon as groups get involved, the reliability drops, because the matchmaker will, in the case of hitting groups attempting to join, use best-fit matching instead of forced matching.

Ads
Ghostweed

Post#9 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:48 am

@Aza

Im not 100% sure, but most of those SCs were PUG only. Maybe there were 2 or 3 guys joining as group :(
Gorrgfang da Shaman & Gokrok da Black Orc

Azarael

Post#10 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:49 am

Well, there's no way to prove that one way or another, so...