Recent Topics

Ads

Farming Ruin Gear / Purple bags

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Jaycub

Farming Ruin Gear / Purple bags

Post#1 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:49 am

After spending about 2 hours farming PQ's after the wipe the new contribution system is great, though I am sure some classes are going to get shafted by it.

But what effects gold bag spawns? In the 2 hours farming I seen about maybe 8 gold bags, probably 1 gold bag every 2 or 3 PQ completions.

Factor in you are rolling against essentially an entire WB and getting even a single piece of ruin seems daunting. At least with RvR gear or SC stuff you get tokens and no matter what you are closer to your gear when you put in time.

However I really feel like I could spend 5 hours doing PQ's and be no closer to a single piece of gear then when I started.

Edit: same thing applies to purple bags in keeps for jewelry set. I'm all for carrot on a stick... Actualyl I love them, but they need to be realistically obtainable and there needs to be a day by day sense of progression not constant lotteries/RNG.

PPS: Also understand the current state of PQ's is not as it was in live and there is no risk/reward and they are essentially on "easy mode" right now. This is just sort of a plea/suggestion for the future to have a token system for gear as a failsafe/supplement to RNG bags like we have with ORvR sets and the like.
Last edited by Jaycub on Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Lileldys

Re: Farming Ruin Gear

Post#2 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:58 am

5pc is bad? wtf. 1 FREE mastery point, not +1 level, allowing for 40/50 builds.

Jaycub

Post#3 » Thu May 12, 2016 11:02 am

Builds have breakpoints, if I need 3 points to move to a diff spec that 1 mastery point might as well be +1 level.

It's a niche bonus that is either really amazing or terrible, I don't think it has any place on the 5pc set bonus for every single class. Maybe on a set of rings or something?

Bacta
Former Staff

Post#4 » Thu May 12, 2016 1:59 pm

Anni is pretty bad for most classes, as a healing DOK its pretty bad. Also maybe your should wear Mercenary gear as a DPS class.
Bacta AM|Disneys Kotbs| Wiki WP <Foreplay>
Cerebus DoK | Jasselin Chosen <Pillowtalk>

Jaycub

Post#5 » Thu May 12, 2016 2:19 pm

Ya I'm shooting for 2 ruin 2 merc and an off piece w/ crit or something.

Whole reason I even made this thread actually.

I need to specifically farm the ruin shoulders and gloves. The shoulders have crit and the gloves don't have that much weapon skill compared to the annihilator mirror. Weapon skill is imo awful on WL I'd take toughness/wounds over it any day.

The problem is getting a gold bag, let alone one with the pieces I need is quite possibly going to take 5-10x longer than getting a full set of annihilator/merc with how many layers of RNG I have to go through

>good roll
>good contribution bonus
>gold bag needs to actually spawn
>needs to be the piece I need

If each PQ had at least 1 guaranteed gold bag it wouldn't be so bad. When I did my 2 hour stint I actually won 1st place 3 times (1st/2nd contribution)... but got blue/purple bags.

Vigfuss

Post#6 » Thu May 12, 2016 2:47 pm

It seems that the size of the group determines how many gold bags drop. Seems to be an equal chance of getting something no matter how many people are there.

It might be something for the devs to consider whether or not they want such a large chunk of the player base sitting in boring PQs for hours.
Fusscle of Critical Acclaim

Tesq

Post#7 » Thu May 12, 2016 3:44 pm

the pq contribution is totally out of controll i never passed 800 score in one day and i see ppl get 1200-1400 consistency, that just an exemple of how much dps matter and how much the rest equal to a go home alredy ( or ther is a trick with guard not sure ).

what abot remove contribution by damage and put it by agro? so that every one get a chance insted build full glass cannon classes to learn a pq set? and def tank can earn soemthing instead be there only to tank the boss and get a G-bags once in a while instead get 001 once in a while? Or even hard cap the contribution bonus roll to 300 even if you would get 500.
That would help both tank and healer get roll doing what they suppsoe to do.

Shadowgurke

Post#8 » Thu May 12, 2016 3:52 pm

There needs to be a set amount of people participating until you even get a chance for a gold bag. That is why 1 PQ is camped 24/7 and the others are rarely visited. And once the participation goes down there is no point in continuing because you won't get gold bags no matter what.

Imo just giving 1/2 gold bags 100% of the time would go a long way to reduce the RNG that plagues farming the PQs.

Ads
Tesq

Post#9 » Thu May 12, 2016 4:38 pm

right now 2 ppl always getting the gold bags by being in duo party dps + tank, the tank gona probably full the set in just less than 24 h.......he need only 1 or 2 pieces alredy....

Exodya

Post#10 » Thu May 19, 2016 8:02 am

I would suggest a token system so everyone has the feeling of getting closer to the set.

So lets say one piece of ruin set costs 8 token.
Then put 8 token in a golden bag, 4 in a purple, 2 in a blue and 1 in a green bag.

This way everyone can farm the set pieces and it will still take some time if u dont get golden bags.
Another advantage is that the easy pq is not completly useless anymore. (The highest bag u can get there is currently blue and it just contains some gold).