Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Option to Hide Appearance

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Dabbart

[Suggestion] Option to Hide Appearance

Post#1 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:36 am

Howdy!

So, I was wondering if we could get the option to "Hide" other equipment besides just Helm and Cape. For instance, I would truly prefer my WH to not show his Bandolier. I think it's pretty ugly, and have yet to see a WH bandolier that I would prefer of simply the chest piece.

I can forsee some Orcs maybe wanting to run around in Bare Feet. I can see not wanting to Hide Chest/Weapon/shield This helps to show what type of character, as well as how they are equipped. But since you can change the appearance of any item, it's not like we require the ability to see what type is equipped.

Thanks
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Jaycub

Re: [Suggestion] Option to Hide Appearance

Post#2 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:49 am

Might be addressed when we get appearance vendors, I think they could just make certain armor appearance "invisible" or have no model w/e so when you use them as an appearance it looks like that armor piece is removed.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Dabbart

Post#3 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:03 am

That could work. I was thinking since cloak/helm already have the tickable "Show" option, it might be easy to add that to other item types. I don't know what they have access to however.

Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Dirtyz

Post#4 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:22 am

Battle of the Nudists! :D could be an event xP
Spoiler:
Dirtyzcurse Chosen - Ahznik BO - Zengis BG

Dabbart

Post#5 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:28 am

Torquemadra wrote:I for one don't want legions of nudists running around and I just spent a significant amount of time fixing thousands of broken items so I'm certainly not a fan of this suggestion.

I understand that entirely. Both parts. And I do thank you ever so much for the Amazing Hats.

Honestly, it's only the Bandolier that I dislike. I might of been reaching to try and get my way abit:P

#DBDeveloperOnAPowerTrip
Last edited by Dabbart on Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

bwdaWAR

Post#6 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:28 am

Torquemadra wrote:I for one don't want legions of nudists running around and I just spent a significant amount of time fixing thousands of broken items so I'm certainly not a fan of this suggestion.
So Witch Elves and Sorceresses will actually start wearing clothes now?

Gachimuchi

Post#7 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:06 am

I think a lot of shoulders for classes that aren't heavily armored look like poop.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#8 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:38 am

well it already happens now and then anyway ;) but i do understand that you dont want YOUR character be naked in ANY way

:)
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Ads
Luth

Post#9 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:55 am

Can you make these?
Spoiler:

Glorian

Post#10 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:59 am

I'm totally into the not naked part.

But to deactivat shoulders might be an idea as this is what most people are harassing.

Or invisible shoulders at the vendors.