Recent Topics

Ads

[PROPOSITION] Caledor Woods awards medallions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
peterthepan3

[PROPOSITION] Caledor Woods awards medallions

Post#1 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:45 am

As it stands now, scenarios are not as vibrant nor populated as they were a while back because medallions are no longer attainable through scens. While I understand the reasoning behind this change, it has forced people into orvr (yes yes, it's purported to be the game's center stage) and scenarios have suffered.

I would suggest the following (from Neela, a guildie):

Make Caledor Woods the only scenario that awards medallions.

Why?
* Would still keep orvr as an integral part that people must do if they don't want to do Caledor Woods;
* Would promote more skill-based PvP, and the forming of strong 6mans (something that isn't a bad thing, in my honest opinion). General calibre of PvP is increased;
* Would warrant the significantly longer queue times for Caledor Woods/difficult PvP

Food for thought.

Ads
Gachimuchi

Re: [PROPOSITION] Caledor Woods awards medallions

Post#2 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:10 am

Please add medallion drops back to scenarios. I had to pick up 4/5 duelist and go DPS to solo in lakes on my DoK and I have accumulated 50+ kills during this time. I have gotten maybe 5-6 medallion drops. I've been to plenty keep sieges and fought at many Battle Objectives, and I have gotten VERY few. 90% of my medallions come from the quest, and I have already almost gotten RR40 while only picking up my 3rd piece of devastator.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Licia

Post#3 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:20 am

/Signed signed and signed for this!
Neela - Shammie <3
Licia - Sorc
Nellie - Dok

Liciaa - Warriorpriest
Crinitus - Runie
Snuggly - Archmage

Ridduk

Post#4 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:24 am

How about they make one currency for orvr and sc's . Where my war crests at....

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:35 am

I used to say that because deva medals were harder to get then duelist medals, that one playstyle was easier to gain access to than the other and also wanted unified currency

However with deva gear price cuts and drops of boot and gloves i dont think its very hard to get full deva any more

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:41 am

True, but having medallions drop in just ONE scenario would go a long way in achieving quite a lot imo (despite how small it looks on the surface)

Jaycub

Post#7 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:58 am

Question for devs,

Does the SC manager for solo que caledor woods use a more strict version of the 12v12 manager for forming groups?
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

ThePollie
Banned

Post#8 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:42 am

Torquemadra wrote:I see no reason for anyone to be able to build up main and off spec gear from the same thing. Its not hard or arduous to get either and the carrots are deliberately separated to promote both aspects.

Wanting everything via one aspect because of personal preference is not a good reason to do anything.
Quoted because maybe reading it twice will help prevent more threads like this.

Ads
Scrilian

Post#9 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:04 am

I suggest to remove any currency from CW. Players already reward themselves with imaginary prestige :^)
Last edited by Scrilian on Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Bretin

Post#10 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:06 am

I would really like to know if the dev team wants to encourage building a grp in general or if they just want to go on promoting zerging and pugging.
Caledor Woods exists to protect pugs from certain defeat making it attractive should have priority, yet the pop times are horrible. Why? Because of too few premades queueing. Why? Because there is no need to have a grp in this game. Pugs get spoonfed on every occasion.
Winning a 6on6 is not as easy as pugging, especially getting together 6 decent people, and therefore it should be more rewarding.