Recent Topics

Ads

Lv. 12 Horse Quest

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Renork

Lv. 12 Horse Quest

Post#1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:48 am

Since the amount of coin you receive is rather small after the changes, I propose introducing a horse quest at level 12. Something along the lines of..

Kill each keep hero, receive your level 12 horse (t2). I recently rolled a crafting alt and boy... I only had 1g and change at 12 (without buying any vendor gear and only doing kill quests). This probably would probably encourage the "newer" crowd to participate in t2 orvr some.

Thoughts?

Ads
Renork

Re: Lv. 12 Horse Quest

Post#2 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:38 am

What do you propose then? A kill X amount of players will just push people to either join a scenario or.../drumroll zerg. Also, taking keeps is a MAJOR part of this game. Why do you think they were implemented in the first place? So that a group of 6 players could take them? You and a lot of the minor vocal minority here need to eliminate the bias against "zerging". It IS part of the game whether you like it or not. If you CHOOSE not to partake in it, that's fine.

I don't understand the logic of using the same phrase "no it encourages zerging". Warhammer was never meant to be an "arena" style game, which is what a lot of people are trying to push for. There are plenty of games that do not involve sieges and have strict arena settings.

Jaycub

Post#3 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:48 am

Fix the economy instead of bandaid fixes :^)
Spoiler:
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Renork

Post#4 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:55 am

Jaycub wrote:Fix the economy instead of bandaid fixes :^)
Spoiler:

That sounds like an impossible task :^)

anyways, the purpose of this is to give people their beloved horse while introducing them to keeps. Whether this "encourages" zerging is not the issue here since t2 is not endgame.

Renork

Post#5 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:46 am

Torquemadra wrote:
Renork wrote:What do you propose then? A kill X amount of players will just push people to either join a scenario or.../drumroll zerg. Also, taking keeps is a MAJOR part of this game. Why do you think they were implemented in the first place? So that a group of 6 players could take them? You and a lot of the minor vocal minority here need to eliminate the bias against "zerging". It IS part of the game whether you like it or not. If you CHOOSE not to partake in it, that's fine.

I don't understand the logic of using the same phrase "no it encourages zerging". Warhammer was never meant to be an "arena" style game, which is what a lot of people are trying to push for. There are plenty of games that do not involve sieges and have strict arena settings.
You are asking for a considerable benefit, 10g value and your suggestion is gameable by easy moders just swapping sides and riding the zerg, why should we give you that for free? This isnt fliphammer, its WAR and as such there are supposed to be fights going on, defenders and attackers, thats why we are working so hard on getting various mechanics and systems working. Thats what we want new players to see, not get ridden over by a massive zerg or standing there at keeps while no fights are taking place.

Why do you think we had the devastator wipe after t3 was launched? Because every keep take gave medallions regardless of defenders and on the first day there were people in 3 piece devastator because.... everyone rode the zerg and collected their freebies. This was not an acceptable situation.

I said I personally didnt mind the suggestion of a horse "quest" but instead of coming back with an alternate suggestion or engaging in a debate in response to my comment you have just started lashing out.
Because based on your post history, your previous post, and your in-game comments, you have proven to have a strong bias against zerging. Which honestly is the silliest thing ever, especially when you consider that the purpose of this MMO was to give a modern "DAOC" feeling (note: modern does not = same). Dark Age of Camelot also had plenty of 8v8 fights (which were a lot more fun than 6v6 fights in WAR thanks to the way casting worked/works over there), but the focus of the game was centered around capturing keeps, and taking relics (does that sound familiar or ring a bell to you now?). The sole purpose of this game does not revolve around queuing for scenarios and then logging off.

Large scale fights are very important to this game (keeps, city siege, etc...), whether you accept it or not is your own prerogative.

Furthermore, this is a quality of life suggestion that has absolutely no negative consequences. New and returning players have very limited resources and introducing them to keeps while giving them a horse is anything but wrong.

I don't have anything against you or anyone here really, but for the sake of the population that this sever has, I sure hope you are limited to database only. Your perspective on how the game should operate is very volatile and crude.

Edit: And for the record, I wasn't lashing at you at all. You came to this thread to give your opinion on how encouraging people to "zerg" is bad (which wasn't even the purpose of my suggestions). People are not forced to zerg, people choose to zerg and you will never get around that. And in a MMO (massive multiplayer online) it is totally acceptable for people to "zerg", otherwise what's the point of the first two M's in MMO again?

And please don't compare the devastator mess to a simple horse quest. You yourself must realize how absurd that comparison is.

Sigimund

Post#6 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:09 am

How about instead of killing a lord you have to kill x number of players at a keep? It won't be able to tell if you are attacking or defending but people would either defend or look for defended keeps.

RyanMakara

Post#7 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:37 am

Considering that most new players were unable to get their mount through the money reward from kill quests alone, this has nothing to do with the altered silver reward. The killquests in T2 will be altered to give you a bit more silver per killquest now. It won't be restored to the full 25 silver for each of the 6 quests, but you'll be able to get 15 silver from the level 12 quests, and 20 silver from the level 16 quests.

I do not object to making players work for their mount in a different way. We can let them buy it, OR Make them go through a substantial war effort so that everyone ends up with a mount before they leave T2 at least.

Scissor

Post#8 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:53 am

Ask your story writers to write a long ass journey like quest for both fractions which gives you a horse at the end?
Warfox - Swordmaster - < Rubbish >
Doctorsiz - Warrior Priest - < Rubbish >
Siz - Black Guard - < Refuse >

Ads
Scrilian

Post#9 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:10 am

Scissor wrote:Ask your story writers to write a long ass journey like quest for both fractions which gives you a horse at the end?
And make it 3 times as long as the rat A-to-B quest. :mrgreen:
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

RyanMakara

Post#10 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:00 am

Scrilian wrote:
Scissor wrote:Ask your story writers to write a long ass journey like quest for both fractions which gives you a horse at the end?
And make it 3 times as long as the rat A-to-B quest. :mrgreen:
It probably WILL be without the use of the 50% speed mount :lol: