Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario Premade System

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Luranni

Re: Scenario Premade System

Post#101 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:47 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:I am all for prem vs prem! I have said that before. However my issue was with pops as they would be quite slow I imagine, and therefore I proposed increased emblem gain. It seems fair due to how intense a good 6v6 can be. Why should pugs get the same for no effort whatsoever? That is my only issue.
EC popped at a really good rate with all the guilds fielding premades For The Glory! When those weekends were on it's all Perish queued for :D. Fun times.

Actually I couldn't keep a constant EC on my queue list thinking about it, I too like to solo around with loud music on. However if there were an EC weekend twice a month or something that would be kick-ass and for those weekends it should give soloers and less-geared/organised players a breather in the normal queues.

Ads
Renork

Post#102 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:50 pm

Like I said, it's not play styles that ruin games, it's the abhorrent attitude that some people have that ruin them. No one here is entitled to tell someone how to play the game, because guess what? You didn't design this game and your view is completely subjective. I'm glad you at least agree that premade vs. premade brackets should exist.

Broseidon

Post#103 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:53 pm

Everyone constantly complains about fighting premades as pugs. Yea you get rolled 99% of the time and it's usually a bad ass kicking, but those scenarios where you manage to beat a premade is so much more rewarding than beating pugs.

I'm probably one of the dumbest people on this game. I solo que on my WH or BW and die a ****. Y'all need to stop bitching and get better. Fighting against premades and learning their weaknesses will make you a better player and make you more desirable in a group. Because of me getting my ass kicked I can tell you how to beat every premade except gankbus. Losing teaches you to play. Also, on a final note, its super easy to get a 6 man running if you type in the lfg chat and say you're making a premade. There are hordes of unguilded players looking to **** up some dessies/ordo.

Tl;dr stop being shitty and use those ass kickings as lessons.
Aftershave

Brotege 40/** WP
Broseidon 40/** WH
http://www.twitch.com/warhammeronline

Nishka
Suspended

Post#104 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:55 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Sure, everyone is entitled to play how they want: just don't expect the same rewards as the guy who puts effort into his game, is all I'm saying. Are my comments really that ambiguous?
Why don't you put effort in orvr? Make the best pots, get into teamspeak and go defend a keep? Zergs would get some challenge instead of taking an empty keep, you'd get some challenge by fighting a desperate battle while being greatly ounumbered... Fame respect and chicks are yours.
But premades won't do this, because in orvr you can lose. Zerged, maybe, but it's still a loss. And because most premaders don't play the game but just rub their ego, any kind of loss isn't acceptable for them.

PS: Video of winning against a premade while having no healers, or never happened.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Scrilian

Post#105 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Nishka wrote:It's minority who wants to have easy "fun" by roflstomping pugs each scene.
I put this word in quotes because I don't understand how camping the enemy wc each scene can be fun for anyone? There in no competition, no challenge and even no profit because most premaders are 32/40. You go for each scene knowing it's going to be an easy and boring win, totally the same as the last 10 scenes.
It's the main reason why I don't play premades. It's not a problem for a kotbs to find a premade, I just don't find such pastime entertaining.
Still don't get why they should be locked up in a seperate Q just to let the lowskilled eager to give up casuals have some "fun". Its for the casuals good to be stomped so they would learn the proper way the game should be played and one day say to them selves - stop, it's time for me to have a premade of my own. Who would encourage dem scrubs to play better? ;)
And don't act like its every prem is a 32/40 that camps wc and there are none 32/40 pugs who stomp premades, thats simply not true.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#106 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, this issue is over for now.

We have told you what we will be doing to try addressing the issue in a manner that is fair and balanced to all parties. At this point, any discussion about other fixes or strategies is moot. You can pick those discussions up after we have implemented queue-restricted scenarios, once you have a new context for understanding ans addressing the problem.

It's clear to me that you understand this on some level, because it seems to me that now that we've announced our direction, the only thing you have left to talk about on this matter is who is an evil elitist premader, and who is a populist everyman pugger just trying to get by. This manner of discussion not only makes everyone involved look silly, but inflates the problem into a much larger, more twisted beast than it is.