Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario Premade System

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Gerv
Banned

Re: Scenario Premade System

Post#31 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:09 pm

I would love to hear who the elites are that you are better than.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Ads
peppex91

Post#32 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:39 pm

I was just random calling elitès organised groups or guilds and i'm sure they can fail like every1.
I was not mean t to brag about myself, i just struggle a lot and sometimes more than them (random again, i'm aware there are better ppl than me :)) and don't want a decreased reward.
Not for me, neither for other puggers...

Tklees

Post#33 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:07 pm

Genisaurus wrote:
peppex91 wrote:I agree with Dabbart, this balance search is becoming ridicoulous (too many topics about pug vs premade argues) and u can't just segregate premades or pugs without harming queque times.
It's not rare either to find a random awesome pug with good setup defeating a bad premade and when it happen it's much more rewarding...
I hate the stereotypical identification of solo ppls as low carers, u can join solo and still struggle to win (my death count talk clearly about it). It's surely easyer to sort out a good group b4, but adapting to the brutal pug habitat can be more challenging and fun.
Just be ready to get zerged or killed by dots near your spawn xD

PS. Some sort of archetype based que would surely help, coz it's when u got just random dds and the enemy got 3+ healers and tanks (not tanking about skill or gear) that the match really become a pointless w8ing. If pop can handle it, ofc...
A role-based queue would definitely alleviate a lot of complaints, and may be something we experiment one we can.

That being said, anyone who has played a game with role-based queues knows the woes of playing a DPS and competing with 50% of the playerbase for a slot.
Yes but that could encourage players to play more tanks and healers for faster pops or wait longer for dps ques. And balance the realm pop in the three categories better.

You could also let the selector bring in 1 tank, 3 dps, and 2 heals per group to alleviate the dps bottleneck a bit. The main issue in pug SCs normally is lack of heals.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

magter3001

Post#34 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:08 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Difference is that if you solo queue, you can have a cup of coffee while playing and not really care if you win or lose. I mean that's the point of soloing: if you solo, then you aren't REALLY giving a crap if you lose or win because if you REALLY wanted to win you would ENSURE you had a good group of 2 healers and 2 tanks to assist you.
Pretty much this.

I both premade and solo queue and that is the general feeling I have when I do those things. With premades I expect to win every game, whether playing against another premade or not, while if I solo, I expect absolutely nothing. I just hope that my side can get 200-400 points just so I can get my medallions. If I'm leveling my toons, then I just hope I can get a few kills to fill out my kill quests. But even if my side gets blown out 50-0... I know that I can just requeue for another scenario and have another go at it. There's always ORvR as well. ;)
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

peterthepan3

Post#35 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:10 pm

peppex91 wrote:I never run a group but i played a lot recently (too much i think), why u should penalize me with lower rewards? Surely i can't make a diff alone but most of the time i'm doing my job better then many elitès who rely on better teamates. Just coz u know each other?
The point Peter is that the best way to quantificate your contribution in a sc is the scoreboard and we all know it mean almost nothing; i would be glad to have a system who encourage ppl doing their best and not just to stay together like fags :P
I don't want to. But if you wish to have the opportunity to avoid premades altogether in your scenarios, then why should you get the same rewards for doing jackshit in terms of preparation/organisation with a group?

Why should those of us who bother our arses to make premades have to suffer longer queue times and get the same rewards? That makes no sense. Risk = reward system, mate.
You want everything given to you on a silver plate, for minimum effort. That is what I got a problem with.
Staying together 'like fags' (nice homophobia there) is how you win the game. Indicative of your lack of competitive experience.

Bignusty

Post#36 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:17 pm

Play whit a good party setup find on LFG channel and play on premade setup is different... You can have a premade LFG you cant win against a premade guild.

Nishka
Suspended

Post#37 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:37 pm

My 2 cents here: After seeing seen some... or maybe even much... sc premade vs premade action recently, I don't think premade vs premade will work, because most such encounters end in a stalemate, with both sides being unable to kill a guarded cleansed heavily healed target. Boring.
Though premade vs pug is even worse, of course.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

peppex91

Post#38 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:58 pm

Lol was joking Peter, soz.
Nowadays "***" is rarely used for omophobic matters, but sry for the ****-talk... was not meant to hurt no1 sensibility.
I met both your chars, both while u were soloing and premading and had fun playing with them, don't think i gimped u or your group anyway (Jacob is my char).

On topic, i still think increased rewards for premading is a completly unnecessary input as most power ppls do it yet as it greatly increase your chance to win (and so you get your increased reward).
Separate queque it's great for me, but as other have said: pop cannot handle it yet.

Ads
Ade

Post#39 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:18 pm

The real issue is the mentality of premades. I can almost guarantee it that if you introduce a premade system then premades will simple not queue up when Enigma/Gankbus just rolls them all day since they are just more co-ordinated, it already happens, it even happens in the open lakes, peoples e-peen levels are so high that they will just alt f4 out of the game to avoid death, or just use some of those nice sneakers and bunnyhop away and bug abuse it like mad ( no idea why people don't like to die in a video game ). Same thing will happen in scenarios, one team will just destroy the rest and they won't queue up.

I mean it sucks going up against premades all day when you queue up solo, and I imagine its no fun for the opposite side. It's just hard to find a good solution that will have a good impact, role checks might be good to try out.

( I'm not saying ALL premades are like this, its just been an observation over time )

peterthepan3

Post#40 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:40 pm

peppex91 wrote:Lol was joking Peter, soz.
Nowadays "***" is rarely used for omophobic matters, but sry for the ****-talk... was not meant to hurt no1 sensibility.
I met both your chars, both while u were soloing and premading and had fun playing with them, don't think i gimped u or your group anyway (Jacob is my char).

On topic, i still think increased rewards for premading is a completly unnecessary input as most power ppls do it yet as it greatly increase your chance to win (and so you get your increased reward).
Separate queque it's great for me, but as other have said: pop cannot handle it yet.
I distinctly remember you saying ''its nice to see a good SM'' after a scenario we did, so I do remember you Jacob :)

Ade: scenario premades are still in their early days. At most, there are probably around 5 premade groups on either side that are playing regularly. To suggest that a loss will deter people from carrying on is silly, as most premades actually want to have competitive fights and not steamroll pugs.
As good as Gankbus/Enigma are, it's still very much early days for any sort of comment to be made in regards to meta game. Most groups are still in the process of getting to know their players/class configuration. Only a very few have had their groups sorted out from the get-go. just my 2 c, but i see where you're coming from.