Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario Premade System

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
peterthepan3

Re: Scenario Premade System

Post#21 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:21 pm

Agreed. There ought to be a filtering system to ensure x amount of each archetype get in each scenario. That would go a long way in silencing these 'waa waa premade' people, I think.

Ads
lilsabin

Post#22 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:22 pm

Tury06 wrote:Hello, i wanted to make this topic after getting cancer by premades as soloing pug. My think is premade vs pug aint fair and fun AND wasting time so i have few suggestion:
1. Removing sc premade.
2. If first one not possible then it should be like Pug vs. Pug or Premade vs. Premade in que system.
Most of the people were talking about like '' why dont u join a one or join a guild'' or '' make your own guild '' Seriously???
So i really should find a group and face a premade mostly? There are many ppl without in guild or wanna have some fun by queing pug cause maybe they dont have much time? Sc's in t3 3/4 is premade and im really bored-tired about this and there must be solution or ill get cancer and i know there are maybe other ppl complaining about this so im waiting for your responds. Thx!

dood , this is a group/zerg game , so get in a guild and find some friend to complement the class you are allready playing , because this is how this game was made , aint no body got "TIME" for solo-er/pug .

sarcasm mode on

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#23 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:24 pm

peppex91 wrote:I agree with Dabbart, this balance search is becoming ridicoulous (too many topics about pug vs premade argues) and u can't just segregate premades or pugs without harming queque times.
It's not rare either to find a random awesome pug with good setup defeating a bad premade and when it happen it's much more rewarding...
I hate the stereotypical identification of solo ppls as low carers, u can join solo and still struggle to win (my death count talk clearly about it). It's surely easyer to sort out a good group b4, but adapting to the brutal pug habitat can be more challenging and fun.
Just be ready to get zerged or killed by dots near your spawn xD

PS. Some sort of archetype based que would surely help, coz it's when u got just random dds and the enemy got 3+ healers and tanks (not tanking about skill or gear) that the match really become a pointless w8ing. If pop can handle it, ofc...
A role-based queue would definitely alleviate a lot of complaints, and may be something we experiment one we can.

That being said, anyone who has played a game with role-based queues knows the woes of playing a DPS and competing with 50% of the playerbase for a slot.

lilsabin

Post#24 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:28 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Lol.

Yeah. let's implement a mechanic that will penalise sc premades (pops will be very rare), i.e. people who go to the effort of sorting out a group, using voice comms, and playing effectively.

A MORE SIMPLE SOLUTION WOULD BE FOR YOU TO GET OFF YOUR 'but i dont want to join a guild/group' HIGH HORSE AND GET COMFY WITH YOUR NEIGHBOURS!

Scenarios, more than any other type of PvP in this game, revolve around small-scale GROUP PvP. There are objectives that must be won over through a COLLECTIVE effort. There are points that are gained by killing your enemies, which must be done AS A GROUP (look at the layout of every scenario map - aside from Norden and the Khaine's one, the name of which escapes me - and you'll see they cater towards group efforts).

If you don't want to join a group, nor a guild, and insist upon playing on your jack jones then suffer the consequences. Go roam the lakes if you want some solo kills.

buddy , it is not that we dont want to join the party/gangbang/guild/familly style , it is just we dont have time , you know there are people who can only log like 1 hour or 2 a day and still want to have fun and enjoy the game , getting in a group and organise thing and waiting for certain class to connect require lot s of time , and dont forget , NA and Europe has big time difference , anyway...

Tury06

Post#25 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:33 pm

lilsabin wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Lol.

Yeah. let's implement a mechanic that will penalise sc premades (pops will be very rare), i.e. people who go to the effort of sorting out a group, using voice comms, and playing effectively.

A MORE SIMPLE SOLUTION WOULD BE FOR YOU TO GET OFF YOUR 'but i dont want to join a guild/group' HIGH HORSE AND GET COMFY WITH YOUR NEIGHBOURS!

Scenarios, more than any other type of PvP in this game, revolve around small-scale GROUP PvP. There are objectives that must be won over through a COLLECTIVE effort. There are points that are gained by killing your enemies, which must be done AS A GROUP (look at the layout of every scenario map - aside from Norden and the Khaine's one, the name of which escapes me - and you'll see they cater towards group efforts).

If you don't want to join a group, nor a guild, and insist upon playing on your jack jones then suffer the consequences. Go roam the lakes if you want some solo kills.

buddy , it is not that we dont want to join the party/gangbang/guild/familly style , it is just we dont have time , you know there are people who can only log like 1 hour or 2 a day and still want to have fun and enjoy the game , getting in a group and organise thing and waiting for certain class to connect require lot s of time , and dont forget , NA and Europe has big time difference , anyway...
Thats what he said :p

lilsabin

Post#26 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:34 pm

Genisaurus wrote:
peppex91 wrote:I agree with Dabbart, this balance search is becoming ridicoulous (too many topics about pug vs premade argues) and u can't just segregate premades or pugs without harming queque times.
It's not rare either to find a random awesome pug with good setup defeating a bad premade and when it happen it's much more rewarding...
I hate the stereotypical identification of solo ppls as low carers, u can join solo and still struggle to win (my death count talk clearly about it). It's surely easyer to sort out a good group b4, but adapting to the brutal pug habitat can be more challenging and fun.
Just be ready to get zerged or killed by dots near your spawn xD

PS. Some sort of archetype based que would surely help, coz it's when u got just random dds and the enemy got 3+ healers and tanks (not tanking about skill or gear) that the match really become a pointless w8ing. If pop can handle it, ofc...
A role-based queue would definitely alleviate a lot of complaints, and may be something we experiment one we can.

That being said, anyone who has played a game with role-based queues knows the woes of playing a DPS and competing with 50% of the playerbase for a slot.
that will force people to roll more tanks and healers, thus bringing some kind of balance to the game , :)

peterthepan3

Post#27 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:37 pm

Fair enough. But you must understand that those of us who nerd out and play the game a lot more than 1 hour a day ought to have some sort of returns back for that investment. A solo que system would be nice, provided the rewards/emblems are lowered. Anyone disputing that ought to say why.

peppex91

Post#28 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:48 pm

I never run a group but i played a lot recently (too much i think), why u should penalize me with lower rewards? Surely i can't make a diff alone but most of the time i'm doing my job better then many elitès who rely on better teamates. Just coz u know each other?
The point Peter is that the best way to quantificate your contribution in a sc is the scoreboard and we all know it mean almost nothing; i would be glad to have a system who encourage ppl doing their best and not just to stay together like fags :P

Ads
Tury06

Post#29 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:52 pm

peppex91 wrote:I never run a group but i played a lot recently (too much i think), why u should penalize me with lower rewards? Surely i can't make a diff alone but most of the time i'm doing my job better then many elitès who rely on better teamates. Just coz u know each other?
The point Peter is that the best way to quantificate your contribution in a sc is the scoreboard and we all know it mean almost nothing; i would be glad to have a system who encourage ppl doing their best and not just to stay together like fags :P
Haha :P

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#30 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:08 pm

let ONLY groups play scenarios. case solved.
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)