Recent Topics

Ads

Cross-realm global chat channel? is it possible?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
WarHams

Cross-realm global chat channel? is it possible?

Post#1 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:21 am

Hey there, I think this server would benefit a chat channel that both order and destro characters could chat in much like advice but is accessible to both sides and all regions. The server population is considerably smaller than what the game's chat system was designed for and I think it would be beneficial to be able to chat and ask questions about classes/quests/RvR with a bigger pool of potential answers.

Also to address possible concerns of players who would 'channel cheat' by reading enemy realm players 'strategerizing' in the global chat for RvR I think another chat channel should be created for each alliance RvR so those nasty enemies won't know which keep you are going to attack :^)

But also I think RvR could be bolstered if players were able to say "hey me and 20 destro are gonna be X we would love if any 20 order come to have a skirmish"

Ads
aelic

Re: Cross-realm global chat channel? is it possible?

Post#2 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:07 am

No.

Luth

Post#3 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:22 am

Hot candidate for "Worst idea 2016". :mrgreen:

BrosephStylin

Post#4 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:33 am

Finally, I can insult the enemy no matter where I am!

WAR2014

Post#5 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:24 am

definitely NOOOOOO!
I bet you aren't WAR player :shock:, probably some WOW or GW, but not this game!

Ridduk

Post#6 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:01 am

WarHams wrote:Hey there, I think this server would benefit a chat channel that both order and destro characters could chat in much like advice but is accessible to both sides and all regions. The server population is considerably smaller than what the game's chat system was designed for and I think it would be beneficial to be able to chat and ask questions about classes/quests/RvR with a bigger pool of potential answers.

Also to address possible concerns of players who would 'channel cheat' by reading enemy realm players 'strategerizing' in the global chat for RvR I think another chat channel should be created for each alliance RvR so those nasty enemies won't know which keep you are going to attack :^)

But also I think RvR could be bolstered if players were able to say "hey me and 20 destro are gonna be X we would love if any 20 order come to have a skirmish"
My initial reaction below:

Not a good idea, sir

bwdaWAR

Post#7 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:04 am

The limited range /say channel being readable by both realms may have its benefits along with its problems, but considering what goes on in /advice with just one realm having access... this would be a very bad idea. If you must ask questions from all the players in the game for some reason, use the forums. It's what they're for.

WarHams

Post#8 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:30 pm

So this wont work because this small community is a **** to itself? Well ok.

And I WAS a war player. No problem.

Ads
Boursk

Post#9 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:37 pm

WarHams wrote:Hey there, I think this server would benefit a chat channel that both order and destro characters could chat in much like advice but is accessible to both sides and all regions. The server population is considerably smaller than what the game's chat system was designed for and I think it would be beneficial to be able to chat and ask questions about classes/quests/RvR with a bigger pool of potential answers.

[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

rmpl

Post#10 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:16 am

Why not though? You all are saying "NAYYY" without giving a logical reason.