Recent Topics

Ads

BB/BE changes - more grind for less fun

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Omegus

Re: BB/BE changes - more grind for less fun

Post#31 » Mon May 11, 2020 8:28 am

Grunbag wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:13 am
Vayra wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:09 am
Hargrim wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:53 am

If the dungeon detects that boss doesn't need to be spawned then it doesn't spawn the wall too, at least that's how it's supposed to work. Do you have something else to report after last patch?
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/16748

Happened yesterday as well when a person who had killed Maggotfiend only spawned the instance.
just tested and door still opened after zoning and coming back
Try with lockouts and a new instance, e.g. a new party (or same party with new leader) with enough people locked out on the couldron boss to make him not spawn. If that bug is no longer an issue then that's great, but I've had softlocks in both BB and BE as a result of it.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Dalsie

Post#32 » Mon May 11, 2020 10:48 am

Bosli wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:18 am You do indirectly force players to do the content by locking a best in slot ring behind it.
No, you do not 'indirectly force' anything. You WANT the bis ring does not = anyone forcing you to do anything. If you don't like the content, then live without the ring. But your desire for the ring is greater than your dislike for the content, so, you want to have your cake and eat it by coming to cry about content you dont like. I like the pve content. I dont like farming SC for purple weapons, should I cry to make SC easier for me?

Bosli wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:18 am Can you explain how accepting having to do a dozen runs of a dungeon (with a 4 days lockdown = more than ONE FULL MONTH of grind) is "wanting stuff for free"? It already was tedious, yet people went for it. I don't know why they get spit in their face by making it even more tedious than it already is.
How is it tedious? You are only crying because no one is bending over to satisfy your need for instant gratification. BB/BE used to take around 2hrs in the early days, now you can clear it, with all 3 mini bosses, in 50mins or less, but you still cry because you want everything handed to you for free. Lol, 1 month of 'Grind'? How is doing a 50m dungeon twice a week a 'grind'? lol.
Orrud -> Hirn -> Norn -> Marty'r Square

Vayra

Post#33 » Mon May 11, 2020 10:54 am

Dalsie wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:48 am
How is it tedious? You are only crying because no one is bending over to satisfy your need for instant gratification. BB/BE used to take around 2hrs in the early days, now you can clear it, with all 3 mini bosses, in 50mins or less, but you still cry because you want everything handed to you for free. Lol, 1 month of 'Grind'? How is doing a 50m dungeon twice a week a 'grind'? lol.
It's 50 min with a fixed group that knows every fight inside and out and are completely overgeared for it. A group running it without outgearing it completely would take an hour to an hour and a half for a clean run before this. Now having to do the minibosses could add 15-20 minutes more as there's more pulls to make and more bosses to kill. Though it looks like mob health is going down soon so a bit of the trash clearing tedium is going away.

But I'm not going to engage with you more than that as you're clearly not arguing in good faith. Come up with constructive counterarguments instead of ad hominem attacks if you want to be taken seriously.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Bosli

Post#34 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:06 am

Dalsie wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:48 am I dont like farming SC for purple weapons, should I cry to make SC easier for me?
The SC grind already got piss easy with the almost permanent Thunder Valley and Reikland Hills spam, and that actually IS hurting other content, because you get a ton less other, more fun scenario pops where you get to fight players instead of running around in small groups doing flagcap rotations. You can literally watch a movie in full screen and have WAR running at 400p in the corner, still "playing" those.

Dalsie

Post#35 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:24 pm

Vayra wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:54 am It's 50 min with a fixed group that knows every fight inside and out and are completely overgeared for it. A group running it without outgearing it completely would take an hour to an hour and a half for a clean run before this. Now having to do the minibosses could add 15-20 minutes more as there's more pulls to make and more bosses to kill. Though it looks like mob health is going down soon so a bit of the trash clearing tedium is going away.
But I'm not going to engage with you more than that as you're clearly not arguing in good faith. Come up with constructive counterarguments instead of ad hominem attacks if you want to be taken seriously.
I really don't need you to take me seriously because your propositions are laughable. Completely overgeared? lol, 50m-1hr is easily achievable in Vanquisher level of gear - EASILY. That is with doing the minibosses. As for knowing the fights inside and out, who would you like to blame for that? If you don't want to learn the mechanics, should they be changed for you? Don't call it ad hominem just because you don't like what i'm saying.

Bosli wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:06 am The SC grind already got piss easy with the almost permanent Thunder Valley and Reikland Hills spam, and that actually IS hurting other content, because you get a ton less other, more fun scenario pops where you get to fight players instead of running around in small groups doing flagcap rotations. You can literally watch a movie in full screen and have WAR running at 400p in the corner, still "playing" those.
Watching a movie and 'playing' SC with WAR running in the corner. Lol, thanks for proving my point - that you want everything given to you easy. Please don't try to bring that crap attitude into pve so you can afk farm your pve gear too.

Bosli

Post#36 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:54 pm

Dalsie wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:24 pm Watching a movie and 'playing' SC with WAR running in the corner. Lol, thanks for proving my point - that you want everything given to you easy. Please don't try to bring that crap attitude into pve so you can afk farm your pve gear too.
Do you even read what others are posting?
I said that these SCs are the worst exactly because you can do that AND a majority of players farm them exactly with this premise simply because it's the most efficient way to farm oppressor tokens, with minimal effort. For all I care those SCs should be removed completely from the game so we can have more of those where you have to fight the other realm.

Maybe you should try to actually understand what others are talking about and what their opinions are, before claiming that everyone is talking ****.

Omegus

Post#37 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:04 pm

Grunbag wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:41 am
Omegus wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:05 am
Grunbag wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:09 am We haven’t changed skeletons , maggot or any mob abilities / HP . I think the issue is no one ever reported the items didn’t worked and was not necessary to kill Barakus and now you discover the 2 other miniboss . I don’t create content to make them skipable , otherwise i can just closes the portal to the miniboss and don’t bother rebuild their abilities . Now if those miniboss have bug , please add them to the BT , I already fixed some issue with them that tester reported to me this week .
The hp thing and maggots locking down classes isn't a new thing sadly. Seems to be part of the intended design much like the skeleton mages being some of the deadliest mobs around. Getting debuffed without getting the gag self ability is such a common thing that I didnt even know that gag self existed until recently and I have the sentinel ring (the op reported the gag self bug in january on the tracker).

The other big bug with bb/be is that if the dungeon detects that a boss doesn't need to be spawned (lockouts and/or reforming a group) then it doesn't remove the barrier associated with that boss, causing the instance to soft lock :(.
i've been trough bug tracker and i removed some mage that were not suposed to be spawned, i fixed the ap drain in BB, equalized mob HP between BB and Crypt, fixed the cauldrons mechanics, increased a bit the time between 2 ssyrdian debuff application, and fixed chorek stun issue. Also, i made sure gag self will always remove the ap drain.
Thank you for looking into it and the swift action. It is very much appreciated :)
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Dalsie

Post#38 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:11 pm

Bosli wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:54 pm Maybe you should try to actually understand what others are talking about and what their opinions are, before claiming that everyone is talking ****.
Maybe you should try the same. Did I claim others are talking ****? No. I said you are crying because you want easier pve. Because for you, 50m - 1hr once or twice a week is a "grind" and you don't like the mechanics, so therefore the entire pve system should be changed, for you. Oh, those SCs are **** and those players grinding the fast SC are doing it wrong - So all the gear that YOU WANT, should be obtainable in the way that SUITS YOU? Thanks for proving my point again. I suggest you try finding some of that understanding you like talking about.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#39 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:28 pm

Dalsie wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:11 pm
Bosli wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:54 pm Maybe you should try to actually understand what others are talking about and what their opinions are, before claiming that everyone is talking ****.
Maybe you should try the same. Did I claim others are talking ****? No. I said you are crying because you want easier pve. Because for you, 50m - 1hr once or twice a week is a "grind" and you don't like the mechanics, so therefore the entire pve system should be changed, for you. Oh, those SCs are **** and those players grinding the fast SC are doing it wrong - So all the gear that YOU WANT, should be obtainable in the way that SUITS YOU? Thanks for proving my point again. I suggest you try finding some of that understanding you like talking about.
Relax a little. No one is winning forum battles.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

sighy

Post#40 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:53 pm

Well that's kind of the issue, with majority of PvE, from that era of mmo gaming. Hordes of damage sponges, which occasionally hit hard or have some passive non-interactive mechanic. I personally don't like that style of boss, but some people(apparently) think that's the holy grail of PvE and that's their cup of tea.

I'd personally suggest adding like a 50% of actual boss inf reward to minibosses, if they don't have, at least that already. (People always respond better to positive encouragement than being forced into a set path)

My 2 cents to the discussion i personally don't care that much, because I'm driven by fashionhammer and don't care enough to weekly run something i don't exactly enjoy, for a talisman.