Reduce ranged dps chance to dismount target.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Farrul

Reduce ranged dps chance to dismount target.

Post#1 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:14 am

Considering ping differences , lag etc the mounts have almost zero resilience to resist a dismount against instant cast long ranged attacks. At least melee do not have these instant cast long range and must work for it more. Honestly this is one of the most annoying aspects of the game, it promotes griefing and more dps shamans on the server (the last thing we need for a healthy player experience is more dps shamys ). The current protection is almost no protection at all vs ranged attacks.

I would suggest a new rule, mounts only have 30% chance to be dismounted against attacks further away than 50 feet. The normal 60% would apply inside the range limit. This way if someone ranged wants to dismount you they will have to work for it more, but esecially this will give some protection vs lag and ping differences, the current dismount chance is just set way too high.

Ads
Caduceus

Re: Reduce ranged dps chance to dismount target.

Post#2 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:19 am

If anything being dismounted should be penalized harder with something like a snare.

There is no mounted combat in RoR. Mounts are a means of transportation and, in my opinion, using them in combat (for example by warbands to flank) should come with a significant risk.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

akisnaakkeli

Post#3 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:52 pm

I almost cant believe all of the suggestions that are about getting away from a fight and this is about running away from ranged classes. Because of how melee aoe channels stack and ranged doesnt which is obviously a flaw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYzFg40b7Uw This is how ranged dps used to and should work or change melee channels not stacking. Or better yet would probably be 2-3 highest stack, melee and ranged. Rof,Mist all of those, and they require standing still but melee channels dont, another win for melee's.

Farrul

Post#4 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:02 pm

The balance discussion regarding melee vs ranged balance is a different topic althogeter. Don't hijack the topic please with a different agenda or derail it. This topic focus exclusively on dismounting and the mechanics of it.

Being dismounted affects all archetypes the same at the receiver's end, be it a ranged , melee or healer class. All would suffer the same fate when some instant cast shaman(insert class, AM etc) chases you with a warband behind him, only to be mowed down by the melee zerg moments later.

This is not about avoiding combat ethier, in a perfect setting without lag and ping differences things would be different. Hence the points made in the OP.

Omegus

Post#5 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:47 pm

akisnaakkeli wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:52 pm I almost cant believe all of the suggestions that are about getting away from a fight and this is about running away from ranged classes. Because of how melee aoe channels stack and ranged doesnt which is obviously a flaw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYzFg40b7Uw This is how ranged dps used to and should work or change melee channels not stacking. Or better yet would probably be 2-3 highest stack, melee and ranged. Rof,Mist all of those, and they require standing still but melee channels dont, another win for melee's.
What does GTAoE abilities not stacking have to do with the OP? And FYI: Mythic stopped Rain of Fire and Pit of Shades from stacking in patch 1.2.1 which came out in June 2009 about 9 months after the game launched. It remained like that for the remaining 4.5 years WAR was originally operational for.

As to the OP: lmao is this really a "DPS Shaman dismounted and killed me" thread? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Zomega

Faction69

Post#6 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:13 pm

I have no problem with the range, the real problem, imo, is the draw distance being so short. It needs to be at least 50% longer so that you have more than 2 seconds to turn around when someone pops into existence on your screen.

Omegus

Post#7 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:19 pm

Faction69 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:13 pm I have no problem with the range, the real problem, imo, is the draw distance being so short. It needs to be at least 50% longer so that you have more than 2 seconds to turn around when someone pops into existence on your screen.
Game will load players from 250ft away and then keeps showing them until they are 300ft away.
Zomega

Faction69

Post#8 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:48 am

Omegus wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:19 pm
Faction69 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:13 pm I have no problem with the range, the real problem, imo, is the draw distance being so short. It needs to be at least 50% longer so that you have more than 2 seconds to turn around when someone pops into existence on your screen.
Game will load players from 250ft away and then keeps showing them until they are 300ft away.
However long it is, players quite literally pop in, especially on flat ground. 2.5x the maximum range of abilities is peanuts

Ads
Uchoo

Post#9 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:19 am

akisnaakkeli wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:52 pm I almost cant believe all of the suggestions that are about getting away from a fight and this is about running away from ranged classes. Because of how melee aoe channels stack and ranged doesnt which is obviously a flaw.

Off-topic from the OP but if ranged AoEs stacked like this, some groups would 1-shot entire warbands from a range and out of sight, even out of LoS. That's not much gameplay. AoEs not stacking was a band-aid fix and is kind of a flaw, Grenade Engis basically can't co-exist, but going back to stacking AoEs and RoF critting for 1200 in Conq is not the play.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8