Recent Topics

Ads

Future of Destruction

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Deaves

Future of Destruction

Post#1 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:32 pm

Hello guys !

I am an og player back from the first day of when this game was realesed and i played it alot back in the days, i was the first choppa on Karak-azgal to hit rr80 back when the grind were an actual grind. I saw the rise and i saw the fall of great guilds and even greater alliances, I was part of a guild called <The Nexus> and that were part of an alliance witch i cant recall.
But we were in a state that i see is very similar to destro atm on this private server: to many guilds and to little active ppl in each guild.
Its not a bad thing with alot of guilds id say, but at this point we have 15+ alliances and about 200-300 active players around the clock on DESTRO side, and with each alliance containing at least 2 guilds that puts a very, very spread number in each and every guild/alliance..

What we did back in the days when we saw this same pattern occur every single day/evening/night we tried to reach out to ppl and started to form new guilds/alliances with the ppl that were actually active and playin the game, the result <Inglorious Basterds>

Now im sure this is not the only server that experienced nor the first time in this server someone mentions this, but i want to put my effort in and try to convince GMs/officers in most of the active guilds to think this over. Im currently back in my old guild as stated before and some ppl from live aswell are active in it,
and i have taken the task on myself to try to get this ball rolling and really try to get some organized alliance on destro to work together. cuz we have the numbers in the lats and we have the spirit, but we lack construction and organization. I know some guilds are there organized and rly making a difference but 80% are in pug WBS and pug leaders (Big ups to pug leaders for rly tryin btw) Pug leaders should be a "small" percentage of the ppl in the lakes, what i would call "overflow" and the most ppl should be fixed in groups with ppl they know and enjoy to play with and can count on..

I also know that this server is covering the world aka all time zones, and i think getting ppl from all time zones in to the same alliance spread across maybe 10 guilds is also a very, very good idea, this allows for easy communications and always someone to roam/talk to.
aswell as the guilds that are only based on 1 country/language should try to form an alliance or even be in the same, im sure most speak/understand english to a certain degree and to be able to co-ordinate with them is priceless !

I have recently started to link and recruit players for <Inglorious Basterds> and aswell as an Alliance to form from the ground up, a few ppl from different guilds seems interested and some guilds have the exact same idea and passion witch will make this alot easier and more fun.

What im asking is for every single one of you who reads this spreads the word and seriously think about this.
Cuz i truly think this will improve the gameplay so much more and also improve the quality of the time we spend here !

I know this is a long-shot, but i believe !

Please hit me up @Deaves either ingame or a PM here on the forum to talk about this if u are interested.

https://discord.gg/DyGwHkK4dp
This is my discord if u want to contact me aswell
Last edited by Deaves on Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
nuadarstark

Re: Future of Destruction

Post#2 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:05 pm

Yeah good luck convincing people and getting them together :)).

We kinda did the same thing over August on Orders side - made a big grand alliance that had nearly everyone but Rebels. People still use it as an example that "Order always zergs", even though that alliance has been broken up for near 3 months now. But people get bored of it, people want to do their own thing, people don't like other people or think poorly of them...so in the end it's just more potential for drama and too much work.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Deaves

Post#3 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:15 pm

nuadarstark wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:05 pm Yeah good luck convincing people and getting them together :)).

We kinda did the same thing over August on Orders side - made a big grand alliance that had nearly everyone but Rebels. People still use it as an example that "Order always zergs", even though that alliance has been broken up for near 3 months now. But people get bored of it, people want to do their own thing, people don't like other people or think poorly of them...so in the end it's just more potential for drama and too much work.
Thanks for the bump !

Just want to be 100% clear, this is not for zerging, i persenoly enjoy small-scale/SCs but to be able to have a chanse for citys we need eatchother

MonkeyHead

Post#4 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:25 pm

The issue with destro guilds is they only want me once I'm 40 with decent gear and a preferred class. Buy me a drink first. You don't want to help me until I'm already 70% done then I'm not super engaged with your guild. It's also one of the reasons destro is zerg-based. most people play the game for 40 levels with no support or organization. Destro guilds need to recruit players before they learn bad habits. Here is my suggestion for you. Make a Sub guild for scrubs. recruit every unguided toon under 40. have your real guild reroll toons to train the scrubs with. Elevate the active newly trained players to the full guild once they are geared 40s.

heybaws

Post#5 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:33 pm

MonkeyHead wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:25 pm The issue with destro guilds is they only want me once I'm 40 with decent gear and a preferred class. Buy me a drink first. You don't want to help me until I'm already 70% done then I'm not super engaged with your guild. It's also one of the reasons destro is zerg-based. most people play the game for 40 levels with no support or organization. Destro guilds need to recruit players before they learn bad habits. Here is my suggestion for you. Make a Sub guild for scrubs. recruit every unguided toon under 40. have your real guild reroll toons to train the scrubs with. Elevate the active newly trained players to the full guild once they are geared 40s.
No, thanks.

RathBrand

Post#6 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:44 pm

While I get that this is much easier said than done, I'm not sure why someone would discourage anyone from trying to gather more coordination and organization. Destro has several of the most well-organized and well-geared guilds on the server at the top ranks, but beyond that it leaves a lot of players out in the cold. While I try to level my destro healer, it is difficult to find any warbands to join, much less an organized 2-2-2 warband with an active leader. I would commend anyone for trying to herd the cats and help train and gear newer players and pugs.

JarlBerzirk

Post#7 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:47 pm

This is awesome. Super down. +1

Senlui

Post#8 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:01 pm

MonkeyHead wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:25 pm The issue with destro guilds is they only want me once I'm 40 with decent gear and a preferred class. Buy me a drink first. You don't want to help me until I'm already 70% done then I'm not super engaged with your guild. It's also one of the reasons destro is zerg-based. most people play the game for 40 levels with no support or organization. Destro guilds need to recruit players before they learn bad habits. Here is my suggestion for you. Make a Sub guild for scrubs. recruit every unguided toon under 40. have your real guild reroll toons to train the scrubs with. Elevate the active newly trained players to the full guild once they are geared 40s.
An example where this worked well in live was the Order guild, Disorder. They'd recruit low levels to Disarray and teach them how to get the most out of their classes and learn to play. So by the time they hit lvl 40 and joined the big guild, they were competent.

Ads
wiscel

Post#9 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:17 pm

Senlui wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:01 pm
An example where this worked well in live was the Order guild, Disorder. They'd recruit low levels to Disarray and teach them how to get the most out of their classes and learn to play. So by the time they hit lvl 40 and joined the big guild, they were competent.
I was in Disorder on live. They did that for characters up to Level 39, once you dinged L40 and left Tier 3 you'd join Disorder. Now with tiers 2,3,4 merged I don't see how it might work.
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

Deaves

Post#10 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:53 am

RathBrand wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:44 pm While I get that this is much easier said than done, I'm not sure why someone would discourage anyone from trying to gather more coordination and organization. Destro has several of the most well-organized and well-geared guilds on the server at the top ranks, but beyond that it leaves a lot of players out in the cold. While I try to level my destro healer, it is difficult to find any warbands to join, much less an organized 2-2-2 warband with an active leader. I would commend anyone for trying to herd the cats and help train and gear newer players and pugs.
I rly dont care about ur gear, i care about where u want to spend ur time.