Recent Topics

Ads

The Power of Communication in Siege Strategy

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Vri

The Power of Communication in Siege Strategy

Post#1 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:26 pm

I am hoping that posting this here will have better impact vs in Gen. If not, please move to Gen.

Last night, many keeps fell. Destro did a great job and we had a well informed and well organized leader. We did have one issue, a 2nd War band, had a group leader, that would communicate basic information, regarding to Order movements. This is fine in limited engagements. However, the need for detailed information is critical. In this Waaagh, we had a Black Orc that was relaying information better than the 2nd War band. From what i can tell, this was not done to step on toes or to challenge the "position" of the 2nd WB leader. A example of this is as follows...

WB leader 2: /1 Order out front.

Black Orc: /1:Order at main moving east, 15 plus. /say Tanks be ready to funnel, shift to rear if you are close. Watch flanks.

WB leader 2: I got this. this my wb.

I am not attempting to be critical of WB Leader 2 with this thread. However the Black Orc was giving better information, every time something was going on and offering a solution. He also used /say to give the info in his vicinity and or a recommendation. In doing this Black Orc was not clogging up /1 and /wb chat. Only detailed info he had to report on went into /1 for the War Boss to see.

This upset WB leader 2. He would comment, ' i got this' 'you only worry about keep gate' ' this is my wb i told you that already.' ' i am in charge.' and so on. Black Orc and WB L 2 where not in the same WB.

For me this is a induction that WB Leader 2 felt challenged or upset that someone else was doing what he/she wanted to do. Black Orc gave better info and he did not attempt to take control of the major workings of the Siege. The War Boss did not say a thing in regards to the Black Orc nor did he tell WB Leader 2 and Black Orc to cut the chatter. Which is the best call, in-fighting or picking a side would have upset one or both parties, i would think.

I am not aware if the War Boss gave War Band Leader 2 a role to fulfill. That was never brought up. I think that WB 2 was just a rando WB that was taking on a duty and was not appointed by the War Boss.

I felt better with Black Orc's info reporting and his /say responses. This went on for five keeps or so. Black Orc would report, WB L 2 would chime in with a counter to silence BO. I thought, i need to see whats going on and get a better idea of who is best to listen to other than the Boss. I hung around WB L 2, order would charge, he might report it, his WB would give chase. If the Black Orc was near or watching, he would say something like /1: small order group, routed going south wb 2 giving chase. WB L 2: * insulting or negative reply *

Once Black Orc gave the info of WB 2 giving chase, i saw some destro at the back of keep that had turned and moved to cover.

WB L 2: Did complete its tasks but without the full info, might have caused bigger issue for the siege.
Black Orc, saw this as a possible issue and did his best to relay detailed info.

This is a topic, i feel that Destro for the most part might fail at. Communication in a large or small operation is key. A close 2nd would be all members knowing what role he or she must play to gain victory. This requires information. This is the key to gain the upper hand, information.
Last edited by Vri on Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Telther

Re: The Power of Communication in Siege Strategy

Post#2 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:33 pm

Don’t worry, she does that all the time, or pull her wb out of the zone if she doesn’t like the calls the actual leader is making. But, I do believe most are learning to ignore the time wasting calls and listen to more organized and focused. Hopefully this other “leader” will get the point.

Vri

Post#3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:38 pm

Telther wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:33 pm Don’t worry, she does that all the time, or pull her wb out of the zone if she doesn’t like the calls the actual leader is making. But, I do believe most are learning to ignore the time wasting calls and listen to more organized and focused. Hopefully this other “leader” will get the point.
:shock: Will pull her wb out...wow. I hope most of destro are picking up on that War Band leader only means the person started the group and nothing more.

zij83

Post#4 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:32 am

Telther wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:33 pm Don’t worry, she does that all the time, or pull her wb out of the zone if she doesn’t like the calls the actual leader is making. But, I do believe most are learning to ignore the time wasting calls and listen to more organized and focused. Hopefully this other “leader” will get the point.
This person will never get the point and I think we all know who it is.