Recent Topics

Ads

"We need Tanks and Heals" Really?

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dackle

Re: "We need Tanks and Heals" Really?

Post#11 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:08 pm

Kwatchi wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:42 pm
EsthelielSunfury wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 8:42 am
Omegus wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 7:14 am edit: I'm going to take a guess and say most people saying destro/order need tanks and healers are DPS soloers/PUGs.
Yep, the very same people all the time on both sides. Guildless, or still sitting in dead guilds with no plans at all on their progress. Just logging in, pressing L and expecting to see 2/2/2 and perfect morale drops on posterns from others.

"Tanks don't guard me"
"Healers don't ress me"
"Man people are clueless"

Chat is flooded with them.
Probably the best thing I’ve read on this forum since I started RoR.
Says the guy with one not even full RR player yet? Many have 4,5,6 8+ characters at RR80. Most of "plans of progress" have been completed other than holding YOUR hand in forts and cities.

Nobody likes to join a guild of "tools" because they have to, unless of course, you are a tool too.

Ads
empmoz

Post#12 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:26 pm

Every time I log my magus/sorc, we lack healers, so I usually end up playing healer. I like to play tank a lot too, because not enough people know how/when to push forwards

RORquest

Post#13 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:39 pm

jumping on the old xrealm alt wagon what dps class does destro need? i agree theres too many heals and tanks was thinking sh or mara

raistomen

Post#14 » Mon May 25, 2020 6:18 pm

Whenever I see city WB forming its always tanks and healers that are in short supply

Dinotron

Post#15 » Mon May 25, 2020 6:57 pm

Look at any guild recruitment on the forums or in discord. You'll find one thing that they all have in common: Guilds are always recruiting tanks and healers. To suggest they aren't "needed" or are equally plentiful to R/DPS is just being willfully ignorant (I imagine to justify rolling R/DPS, which is perfectly fine).

Phantasm

Post#16 » Mon May 25, 2020 9:08 pm

There is nothing more frustating than guarding or healing avarage lvl dps doing fluff dmg and not coworking with others in team (warband or scenario). So I understand that many main role tanks and healers log dps if they have no trusted and known friends to guard/heal online.

Toggle

Post#17 » Mon May 25, 2020 9:27 pm

What really makes no sense is that as someone who mains a Zealot, I can’t even count the number of times I’ve had to spend the evening solo healing PUG WBs. I’m spamming /5 and /t4 offering healing to small groups, WBs, and even solo rDPS. Very, very rarely do I get a reply. If healers were that hard to come by, I wouldn’t have spent a single play session solo healing. It’s one of the reasons I ended up rolling my Shaman. I felt like he was a much more impactful solo healer.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

carthagerising

Post#18 » Mon May 25, 2020 9:54 pm

this is a default response in many games that have such classes.

but it is true that destro often finds them selves badly lacking ranged dps, or more specifically good rdps.

sure if you dont have heals you are kinda **** and same with tanks but generally it seems easy enough to find these, with healers occasionally being in short supply.

also you will probably find many replying that way are dps themselves and are pissed and not being supported enough when they enter regular wbs. what the op says is fair thou, sieges are wildly different for each faction, order are able to put out tremendous firepower from or to the walls and destro rarely if ever match that and it would be nice to have more sorcs and magi to focus oil and pressure the walls like order does to us. but the default answer of tanks and heals is not surprising given those roles importance in the game and its also not exactly a bad shout to tell a new player that answer as those roles will always be in high demand, especially if they get good and demonstrate their skill in the role. but yes the reality is more complex than that.

Ads