Recent Topics

Ads

edit: posted this in the wrong forum, my mistake

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Orpheus66

edit: posted this in the wrong forum, my mistake

Post#1 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:10 pm

edit: post this in the wrong forum, my mistake. I will post it in the proper area
Last edited by Orpheus66 on Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ads
Ototo

Re: Squig Herder or Mangus - Not sure which to level, first time playing

Post#2 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:31 pm

Orpheus66 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:10 pm Really having a hard time deciding on what to play. I started with Marauder, and while fun, I think I want to play a ranged class. So I'm just wondering what are the strengths and weaknesses between Squid Herder and Mangus

Which is better for a first time playthrough?
Which is better in general PvP? And why
Which is, in your opinion, the better choice overall? And why
Squig herder is actually not a decent ranged class unless that you are willing to toss a lot, and I mean A LOT, of time and gold in the class. Even then, it will be a fraction of the true ranged classes of destro at the same time/gold spent: Havok Magus and Sorc.

Squig herders have a completely broken overpowered mele tree though, being next to Assault Shadow Warriors one of the hardest takes in mele range, just SH in medium-large scale fighting while SW in 1vs1.

Go for Magus. You can't really go wrong with them in most situations.
Spoiler:

Orpheus66

Post#3 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:45 pm

Ototo wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:31 pm
Orpheus66 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:10 pm Really having a hard time deciding on what to play. I started with Marauder, and while fun, I think I want to play a ranged class. So I'm just wondering what are the strengths and weaknesses between Squid Herder and Mangus

Squig herder is actually not a decent ranged class unless that you are willing to toss a lot, and I mean A LOT, of time and gold in the class. Even then, it will be a fraction of the true ranged classes of destro at the same time/gold spent: Havok Magus and Sorc.

Squig herders have a completely broken overpowered mele tree though, being next to Assault Shadow Warriors one of the hardest takes in mele range, just SH in medium-large scale fighting while SW in 1vs1.

Melee wise how would Squid Herder compare to Marauder?

So with the pet Squid Herder is a lot like White Lion? I thought Shadow Warriors were really bad at everything

Ototo

Post#4 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:27 pm

Orpheus66 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:45 pm
Spoiler:
Ototo wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:31 pm

1. Melee wise how would Squid Herder compare to Marauder?
2. So with the pet Squid Herder is a lot like White Lion?
3. I thought Shadow Warriors were really bad at everything
1. Different entirely. There is no good fair ground to start a comparison.

2. No. Actually you prefer to use the tactic Territorial Aggression and run without pet, which otherwise would be your weak spot.

3. Who told you that? :shock: They are extremely good in 1vs1. Probably the best 1vs1 class of the game. Only exception is being opened by an stealthed WE, but if not stealthed or not immediately knocked, aSW will knockdown in earnest and surely kill the WE. Any other class but Chosen of your same gear level will meltdown in seconds.
Spoiler: