Recent Topics

Ads

Thoughts on mDPS assist Tanks?

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Domdrake2010

Thoughts on mDPS assist Tanks?

Post#1 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:56 pm

Hey everyone!

So, I am looking for some advice and thoughts in concerns to a mDPS assist tank on destroy side.

First off, I should say that I play SCs most of the time with some oRvR thrown in.

A little background. I played WAR Live a lot and loved it, so dove right in when I found RoR. Started up my BO tank to play with friends but found myself playing a lot on my own, so made myself a Choppa. It was a lot of fun until I hit T4 and found myself being less than a speed bump. I am 37/37 on him now and a bit unhappy. I know gear and RR will likely help this but am looking at other options.

What I want is a melee character that can get into the thick of it and do well, either leading or assisting the melee train. I was looking at tanks since they have the survivability I am looking for and can really assist a mDPS with guard and utility.

I would love to go 2H for the looks and extra DPS assist, but that isn't set in stone.

So I am looking for some thoughts on what people think the best class/build would be to fit this role?

Thank you all in advance for your thoughts.

-Jako

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Thoughts on mDPS assist Tanks?

Post#2 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:00 pm

Make a 2h Brawler Black Orc: very good sustained DPS, highest burst of any tank, and Skull Thumper (procs whenever someone crits your target) is simply crazy good.

2h Malice Blackguard is also an option, but is quite a bit harder to play as you can't solely focus on doing DPS (you have other duties, too), and generally requires a higher RR.