Recent Topics

Ads

Looking for good AOE and Rift spec for Magus

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Psychopski
Suspended

Looking for good AOE and Rift spec for Magus

Post#1 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:10 pm

The posts i've searched and found are all outdated. The links to the builds go nowhere/dead website.

Along with the specs, renown training and tactics I'm wondering what type of rotations, spell by spell, some of you guys run in an AOE and/or Rift build

Thanks
Last edited by Psychopski on Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Re: Looking for good AOE and Rift spec for Magus

Post#2 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:11 pm

spec into rift

Psychopski
Suspended

Post#3 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:15 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:11 pm spec into rift
So enlightening and informative.

Many thanks.

Ekundu01

Post#4 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:31 pm

How you spec for rift really depends on what you are doing. Also depending on your RR and gear you may need to change it up due to having low survival. If you are rifting you WILL be the main focus most of the time especially if you get a good rift off and pull a full group so surviving it is half the battle.

Rift spec i always take Daemonic pact and aegis of orange fire and usually lasting chaos to give some more utility. Until you get really great gear as a rift spec you are mostly utility to a WB. You must also have lots of faith in your healers. No matter what spec you play i think instant pet is always needed. If you can make due with a 2sec cast time go for it but pets die too fast in rvr and fights are always moving unless you are funneling to be wasting 2secs to cast a pet. This limits your tactics to 3 left. If you run pact and lasting chaos that leaves you with one to play around with that is up to you.

After you pick up the stuff in the daemon tree you can spend the rest of your points in either changing to help with dot damage and if you have enough RR you can also pick up firestorm or if you want more single target pressure you can pick up bolt of change from havoc or the disarm for more utility/surviving melee.

This is all based on WB play though for how i spec. If you are playing SCs/solo roam you would probably use different tactics like close range dps or increased crit damage from surging power.

There are multiple ways to spec so you really either need to play around with it yourself to see what you like or be a little more specific as to what you will be doing mostly because there is not really a one spec be all IMO.
Trismack

Panodil

Post#5 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:05 pm

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,5086,5121

Full crit in renown, then FS and dodge/disrupt
Focus on damage with gear. You are dps class and have to kill in rvr.
When it comes to rotation. If you have time start Torrent before you rift, trow a spirit debuff when they are in the air. Use pet knockdown if you need it when they land.
Blue pet is very good for point blank AOE. Infernal Blast is VERY good damage.
Change pet depending on what you are doing at the moment, all good in their own way. Pet will die alot, be sure to keep it up all the time at your feets or you will lose 40% damage.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

anarchypark

Post#6 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:46 pm

rift is CC.
your main focus is shaking enemy formation.
move a lot with insta pet. get familiar with rift range.

after rift, start with Infernal Blast.
Glean Magic, Pandemonium, Daemonic Lash ( no skill order, just mix or skip )
last is Warpfire. other DoTs and blue horror tick same time with it.
after Warpfire Infernal Blast should be rdy. and start rotation again.

but after rift you might have hard time to survive.
have to tailor rotation on field. sometimes Infernal Blast then Warpfire right after.
cuz dead dps can't deal. i often Warpfire as dying breath.

melting pbaoe BW with Warpfire is fun. interrupt his channel with nugling.
you'll die a lot during practice. GL.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Psychopski
Suspended

Post#7 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:44 am

thanks for the suggestions and links.

I hear a lot of smack talk(negative) on Twitch about Havoc/Changling specs for scenario(pugging). So what's the alternative? I'm assuming a Havoc/Daemonology build.

I'd assume going Havoc up to Chaos Unleashed crit tactic with Perils ability and Bolt of Change then going up in Daemonology up to Aegis.

What about Agonozing torrent? Daemonic Contract? What type of Play style and what are the rotations for these builds? Tactics? Morales? Which pet? Again for 6 man roaming or scenario play.

Neutrino, where are ya bruh?

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:19 am

Havoc/Change is the go-to for max ST DPS, so I don't know who's been talking smack on it but it seems that they don't know how to play.

Havoc/Daemo is good if you have no healers, but Changing buffs your AoE dots, as well as provides you with Firestorm for ranged snare/an extra tick of damage.

Ads
Psychopski
Suspended

Post#9 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:10 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:19 am Havoc/Change is the go-to for max ST DPS, so I don't know who's been talking smack on it but it seems that they don't know how to play.

Havoc/Daemo is good if you have no healers, but Changing buffs your AoE dots, as well as provides you with Firestorm for ranged snare/an extra tick of damage.
Thanks again.

Which tactics and morales would you suggest for Havoc/Change and Havoc/Daemo? Currently in a test roaming/sc Havoc/Daemo build i'm trying out:

-Endless Knowledge
-Surging Power
-Chaos Unleashed
-Chaotic Atunement

From Daemo I only take Aegis for some extra survivability and Agonizing torrent. The rest I train into Havoc up to IFOC to include the disarm and Bolt of Change.

As far as morales I tend to like the snare instead of having a second knock back or I use the redirect/defensive for M1 if heals are lacking for our side. that M1 selection is highly situational as with some Scens like Tor Anroc where an extra punt can be very handy. M2 I'm asssuming is focused mind since it can be used both offensively or to assist in gettting out of a **** sandwich. What about m3? I prefer the 1200 damage stagger as a form of CC vs a single enemy(WH that pops on me) or to neutralize a healer, or as extra damage to finish someone off.

neutrino

Post#10 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:49 pm

Psychopski wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:44 am Neutrino, where are ya bruh?
Present....

Magus is versatile. It usually doesn't fair very well to blend a spec. If you have a question let me know.
Home of Warhammer Drow "Old School"!