Recent Topics

Ads

Current state of dps dok?

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ScaliTerrore

Re: Current state of dps dok?

Post#11 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:38 pm

ajnin420 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:51 pm
ScaliTerrore wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:42 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:32 am very sturdy rot class with best heal debuff in game, good offheals, great sustained.
Everything I read on the Forum and by people I asked in game are things like "useless in 99% of the cases"/"pretty much any other Class can be more useful than him with less effort "/" high need low reward Class"/"Zero mobility, almost a dead Weight in nearly every scenario"/ecc
So if everything you read says that, then why bother asking? Only thing dead weight are players who dont have any idea what to do. You can be competitive and beneficial to the team with nearly any class and spec. Some classes have a higher skill curve then others. DPS Dok is one of those classes. Gonna be honest though doesnt seem like the class for you coming from a post like this. Makea a mara, ez mode and meta in any group.
First, for the simple reason because what I read are isolated comments about dps dok on others topic and some comments made in haste, and I wanted to ask a direct question about the dps DoK itself on the forum with a biggest pool of reader...

Second, you don't know me, so you can't say what it is the Class for me or not, and if someone somewhat new from the game (that is not related on the mmorpg experience that someone can have) asking a question is your meter of judgement I think you are not really good on evaluating people and/or player.

Third, if a community say something about a class/mechanics/whatsoever is legit to see if what is "rumored" is true or not, simple as that.

Ads
Valarion

Post#12 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:45 pm

Stickzy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:06 am If you need any advice at all about dps dok, you should pm Belladonna. Best dps dok ever + best destro top 1 guild.

Bell has moved to other toons now sadly and is no longer running the Dok much at all.

I believe he gave up with the group healing nerfs/dramatic gearing changes and moved elsewhere.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Stickzy
Game Artist

Post#13 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:46 pm

Valarion wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:45 pm
Stickzy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:06 am If you need any advice at all about dps dok, you should pm Belladonna. Best dps dok ever + best destro top 1 guild.

Bell has moved to other toons now sadly and is no longer running the Dok much at all.

I believe he gave up with the group healing nerfs/gearing changes and moved elsewhere or perhaps, like many of us it was time for a change.
Surely he will master any melee class to a top level. #Top1DestroGuild

xarax

Post#14 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:54 pm

The Problem with dmg dok is not the dok itself, it is the Player base.
If they spread stuff like "a WB of 23 is better, than giving that last spot to a dmg dok" or
"you have to heal ..."

dmg dok works very well in small scale and groups of Friends.
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#15 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:59 am

Valarion wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:45 pm

I believe he gave up with the group healing nerfs/dramatic gearing changes and moved elsewhere.
You said it all. Bell moved on.

I often would guard/assist Bell in scenarios, I was there when the MASSIVE transfer essence nerf went in and it was a big disappointment, for most dps doks. Prior to the nerf were high rr dps doks overpowered in duo setup in a pug scen? Yes, maybe. They were amazing. Dual wielding dps dok with transfer essence that heals entire group (spammable) 100 range was just awesome, no two ways about it. Now it requires a shield and damage sucks. You'll notice there are very few dps doks in scenarios nowadays and prior to the nerf lots of them.

DOK is still a solid healer and better in that role. Before the massive transfer essence nerf rr60+ dps doks were probably the best solo/duo scen classes, especially with a tank. Sucks to go from #1 to near last. But again, healing DOK is still a very good main healer class. A side note, dps dok is still a very good farming toon for mats.

ScaliTerrore

Post#16 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:58 am

What are you saying is what I'm hearing from pretty much everyone...
I get that the Balance Team have for sure a different vision on the matter, but maybe they overlooked how bad these nerf/changes were for DPS DoK... Hoping for any DoK Player that they will take another look and change something...

As I said before, they could simply fix everything by giving him more mobility or reverting the transfer essence, but right now dps dok is not a class that really shine in anything a side from duo... And relegating a spec only on one aspect minimal part of the Game (also one of the rarest on this server, since is not that easy to find solo/duo/trio encounter) is not something that I would call "balance"... But i'm a no one, so what I say have literally zero value.

xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#17 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:45 am

ScaliTerrore wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:58 am What are you saying is what I'm hearing from pretty much everyone...
I get that the Balance Team have for sure a different vision on the matter, but maybe they overlooked how bad these nerf/changes were for DPS DoK... Hoping for any DoK Player that they will take another look and change something...

As I said before, they could simply fix everything by giving him more mobility or reverting the transfer essence, but right now dps dok is not a class that really shine in anything a side from duo... And relegating a spec only on one aspect minimal part of the Game (also one of the rarest on this server, since is not that easy to find solo/duo/trio encounter) is not something that I would call "balance"... But i'm a no one, so what I say have literally zero value.
It's not even as good for duo as it was. Using transfer essence to heal and attack freed you from worrying about selecting a defensive target to heal. Without transfer essence in dual wield it's annoying having to keep reelecting a new defensive target to heal or if you're old defense target got deselected, it's annoying micro management. Just don't play the dps dok it's as simple as that. Not really a big deal. I don't think they're reverting back. I haven't seen a dps dok in the last 40 scenarios and used to be tons. Move on.

The GMs don't want to hear complaints overall or begging. Better to just praise the GMs for the hard work they do and show gratitude. That's my plan, show gratitude and enjoying the game.

Panodil

Post#18 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:42 am

Dok as a dps slot is good, maybe not first choice but can bring some damage and HD ofc.
As pug sc killer its not as good now because of Transfer Essence shield requirement but thats fine for me because i enjoy Torture spec.
Also with all the gear we can get now compared to live i would say dps dok is in a good spot.
4 Beastlord+2 Sentinel+2 Opressor + 2 Dominator always a fun combo to run :D:D
Get the Sentinel jewelry and your low initative should be easy fix as well now. So much gear to pick from from early renownranks even.
Dok also brings good aoe pressure with healdebuff +devour essence and fell sacrifice so enemy healers have to work for it.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#19 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:08 am

No one shall speak for a King!

ATM Dps Dok are in a good balance spot. I have no complaints since the recent change of gear.

That is all. This thread may be closed now since i have spoken.

-ICONIC

Sulorie

Post#20 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:40 am

xoonerfree wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:45 am
Using transfer essence to heal and attack freed you from worrying about selecting a defensive target to heal. Without transfer essence in dual wield it's annoying having to keep reelecting a new defensive target to heal or if you're old defense target got deselected, it's annoying micro management.
But exactly this target management separates a good from a bad dps healer.
Dying is no option.