Recent Topics

Ads

Need tips on what Tank class

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Icedust

Need tips on what Tank class

Post#1 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:36 am

Hi im looking for makeing alt and im mostly interesting in a 2H dps tank im mostly going to run solo or SC or 6 man RVR . what would u recomend to run BG/BO/Chosen or is ther any other class u would recomend as a tanky melee fighter?

Ads
goetterkomplex

Re: Need tips on what Tank class

Post#2 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:33 am

As for 2h Offtanks i would suggest BO or BG, both are viable. BO may have more pure dmg and BG more utility. I would not recommend 2h Chosen over the other two, as the dmg is lower, but the utility is awesome, so he is best played with a S/B.

rmpl

Post#3 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:08 pm

Big damage and bad utility - Black Orc. This tank will do the most damage but other than that he will only bring two useful things: debuffing enemy initiative through warbellows and NiDF. You won't have a stun (well you can spec into the stun but NiDF is just too good to pass up, also the stun isn't even on-demand stun because you have to have Best Plan yet it stuns for the same duration as on demand stuns) and you won't have a long range punt but you will make it up with the damage. Worst surviviability of all tanks and very much inferior to its mirror (SM). Would not recommend running one in a 6man or smallscale just because it's good to have two punts (Chosen and BG) in case one of them fails or gets parried or whatever. Good punts are what most 6v6 are all about and this is why playing a BO is extremely frustrating because there's nothing you can do about guarded targets, you are reduced to a guardbot who applies NiDF and Skullthumper from time to time. Not to mention that the amazing damage, which is supposed to make up for all those downsides in utility, is physical (unlike SMs), in the meta where everyone stacks armour.

Mediocre damage, good utility and great debuffs - Black Guard. BGs are a mix of BO and Chosen, something in between. Your damage won't be as good as BO's and your utility isn't as good as Chosen's but you have crazy good debuffs like increased crit chance or reduced wounds. On demand stun, great punt (although its reliance on hated can be annoying but it's not as annoying as having the aoe BO punt instead), choking fury and outgoing healing debuff - all those things, in my opinion, make BG a mandatory pick in small scale. Not to mention the class got Wall of Darting Steel mirror which is absolutely bonkers.

Low damage and great utility - Chosen. You won't be doing any damage at all and the only reason you will be running 2h is for the subjugator speed proc. Chosen got absolutely shafted recently with the CS nerf but they are still the most reliable tanks in the game with their on demand stun and punt (which not only sends you back to Africa but pretty much disables you for the 3s you are in the air and gives the same 30s immunity as BOs punt but by the time you get back into the fight you only have 15s immunity and you're about to get punted again - Chosen can really keep you on your toes when it comes to positioning).

I'd rank them this way: BG->Chosen->BO and an ideal combo, in my opinion, would be BG&Chosen.

Dammy095

Post#4 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:07 pm

pick BG
Chosen is walking aurabot, BO brings nothing but damage