Recent Topics

Ads

Easy(ish), useful class for complete newb

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Lunchable

Easy(ish), useful class for complete newb

Post#1 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:36 pm

Hi,

Title says it all - I played Warhammer at release (Years ago) and haven't touched it since.

I have no preference towards any class. I am a very casual player and looking for a class that will be relatively easy to learn and useful in a variety of settings (Solo, group, etc.). Currently I know no one on RoR so will probably be alone initially.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Whoops, I See I probably should have posted this in the "Introduction Forum" rather than here. Sorry :(

Ads
ragafury

Re: Easy(ish), useful class for complete newb

Post#2 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:04 am

imo pick a tank, preferably chosen / kotbs.

- easy to use, but not uninteresting to play
- usefull in every enviroment of the game (warband, smallscale, PvE)
- doesn't get punished too hard for being out of position

imo DPS is in general a bad choice if you want to be efficient, and playing DPS is all about effiency. you need a good overview in terms of mechanics, target picking etc.
really dangerous to frustrate yourself; if you go MDPS issues getting worse cause you need support from other players (especially an issue if you start alone).

overall they are not easy to learn, but since you said you are mostly alone:
marauder, they also welcome in every enviroment, warband, PvE, smallscale.
mara has a hard rotation if you want to play it 100% right for single target.
AOE is pretty straight forward.

for healers I'd run with Zealot / RP.
Not easy to play at all, but always usefull and imo straight forward to learn at least, they are very close to a "classic healer" as you expect them in any MMO.
highly customizable via tactics, and quite okay as DPS.

No matter what you do or pick:

welcome, enjoy the game, have fun, remember it's only a game and try to find grps and friends, being 100% solo is ruff in the lakes. :D
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Dammy095

Post#3 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:48 am

engineer

goetterkomplex

Post#4 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:38 am

I would suggest a Healer. It's not easy as in "Press 2 Buttons 2 Win easy", but you'll be effective in some way most of the time, while it is very hard to play a DPS class effectively (especially melee). Just position safely and try your best to keep you teammates up.

Tanks should be somewhere between the other two Archetypes.