Recent Topics

Ads

it's time again imo.....

Order must unite, as they are strong in great numbers. Order players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
gebajger

Re: it's time again imo.....

Post#11 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:00 pm

Parallell86 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:52 pm You actually denying people jump the fence when losing? Solo roamers and crappy undergeared pug warbands dont benefit from being heavily outnumbered. They wipe and thats that.

I know guilds with discord fancy farming pugs during AAO situations, but you cant simply say people walk the dog when 50 people disappear as soon as the winds have turned. Theres alot of dog owners in this community then. This have turned into a dressup game. Fewer people than you realise follow victory to gear up. Easy loot rather than fighting for it.

And dont get me wrong. I would love to see a 24h cooldown on xrealming. That would still give guilds the option to jump the fence during the evening if they think zerging becomes a gigantic bore. It would however prevent other players from jumping said fence 5 times back and forth within 12h.
I would like to say , most of the time I'm a solo roamer, and I benefit from being heavily outnumbered.
Thank you
Rioz

Ads
Parallell86

Post#12 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:02 pm

gebajger wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:00 pm
Parallell86 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:52 pm You actually denying people jump the fence when losing? Solo roamers and crappy undergeared pug warbands dont benefit from being heavily outnumbered. They wipe and thats that.

I know guilds with discord fancy farming pugs during AAO situations, but you cant simply say people walk the dog when 50 people disappear as soon as the winds have turned. Theres alot of dog owners in this community then. This have turned into a dressup game. Fewer people than you realise follow victory to gear up. Easy loot rather than fighting for it.

And dont get me wrong. I would love to see a 24h cooldown on xrealming. That would still give guilds the option to jump the fence during the evening if they think zerging becomes a gigantic bore. It would however prevent other players from jumping said fence 5 times back and forth within 12h.
I would like to say , most of the time I'm a solo roamer, and I benefit from being heavily outnumbered.
Thank you
Coward classes dont count.

gebajger

Post#13 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:06 pm

Parallell86 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:02 pm

Thank you
Define brave in RoR
Rioz

Parallell86

Post#14 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:12 pm

gebajger wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:06 pm

Thank you
Define brave in RoR
Melee is the real bravery. Stop hiding with your dps AM behind tanks and slayers.

Sulorie

Post#15 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:19 pm

Do you know the time schedule of everyone? Pop goes up and down depending on what part of the community wakes up and logs in to play.
This excessive xrealm claim could only be verified, if there was a tracking of players and whether they log off or relog to other side. Until then both sides won't come to a consensus.
The thing is, what benefit you gain by logging to bigger side?
Less fights, therefore more people fight for fewer targets.
Lower chances to get into forts/city siege.

You take keeps by sheer numbers but keeps don't give that much rp anymore and with a few kills you can get more to than with zerging and hardly any kills and if you make kills, you share rewards with too many players. So let's say the unorganized pug player xrealms, what happens?
One player more for the organized underdog groups/warbands to kill. Those people actually want them to log other side to maintain aao. Nothing worse than killing people and aao goes away, because their victims leave zone.

Imagine both sides have equal numbers, chances are high, that nobody can flip the zone for hours, because nobody can successfully siege. I am sure a lot players, who play rvr, want to finish a zone during their play session and not come back to the same zone half a day later.

Parallell86 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:12 pm

Melee is the real bravery. Stop hiding with your dps AM behind tanks and slayers.
Those brave def WEs, everyone admires them. :lol:
Dying is no option.

Parallell86

Post#16 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:22 pm

Sorry mate, did I in my post ever claim xrealming made sense? No sir I did not. I simply stated how people reason.

And def WE seriously? There is a topic for this already.

gebajger

Post#17 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:46 pm

Define brave in RoR
I'm solo 90% of the time, nothing to hide behind.

This brainwashed backwards logic that a guarded/healed melee charging 'bravely' at ppl 6v1 is getting old...

You are deluded if you think that not going toe to toe with melee outnumbered on a ranged class, using terrain and positioning instead is somehow being coward.
Rioz

skiphop78

Post#18 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:55 am

gebajger wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:46 pm
Define brave in RoR

This brainwashed backwards logic that a guarded/healed melee charging 'bravely' at ppl 6v1 is getting old...

You are deluded if you think that not going toe to toe with melee outnumbered on a ranged class, using terrain and positioning instead is somehow being coward.
Jesus, you're ALL deluded if you think anything but the healers are brave for having to put up with all this silly posturing. Noone - "Hey, top DPS, where's the DPS????? YOU'RE GARBAGE!!!" Everyone - "Hey top healer trying to heal 3 groups by yourself, why do you SUCK SO HARD AT HEALING????!!!(as everyone spreads out to the 4 winds behind every piece of los-breaking cover)" Frankly it's not a minor miracle that there are any healers out there at all....

Ads
Cyrylius

Post#19 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:48 am

So, I think someone has already hinted at that, but lopsided lakes aren't exactly caused by xrealming. If you look at the website you'll notice that often even with aao numbers in three digits population is still in the range of 40-60 in favour of one realm. Orvr is swarmed by one side because after one side starts winning decisively there's little incentive for conventional pug groups (as in, not organized and geared towards group battles somehow) to stay in the zone: they can't fight numerical advantage too big in almost no situation. As for groups like this there's no profit from staying in the zone they stop playing in rvr and do other stuff instead, but likely not log other side cause it's, again, not profitable to roll with the zerg compared to even playing scenarios. And if zone aao is over 80 then again most players won't join the orvr at all, and those that do will do it on winning side. It changes when city/fort happens, assuming fort is defended, or big aao chasing group logs and makes fights a bit more equal. Idea is, there's no fun in surfing zerg for anyone who plays this game for PvP, and no profit in fighting zerg unless you're winning or solo.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Parallell86

Post#20 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:37 pm

gebajger wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:46 pm
Define brave in RoR

If you by terrain mean keep walls, ok....
If you by outnumbered mean me, then yes. Im always outnumbered. And the likes of you hide in the back while Im tangling with a WH.

And yes I know healers get alot of ****. But hey, there is a feature that comes with Enemy addon that basically let you mark group members for example. I used to put a black marker on trolls and simply NEVER heal them :) Problem solved, maybe said troll get so frustrated he quit the game. Wether he think you suck or not doesnt matter does it?