Recent Topics

Ads

Best healer and best solo/WB pug

Order must unite, as they are strong in great numbers. Order players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
emiliorv
Suspended

Best healer and best solo/WB pug

Post#1 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:37 pm

Looking to level new chars at order side => i usually play pug wb/sc (mostly rvr). I like to play support/healer or RDPS...never played order, and want to know what is best healer (in general) and best for solo/pug...in ths moment i think:
-Best healer: RP
-Best solo/pug: engi

Ads
Ototo

Re: Best healer and best solo/WB pug

Post#2 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:57 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:37 pm Looking to level new chars at order side => i usually play pug wb/sc (mostly rvr). I like to play support/healer or RDPS...never played order, and want to know what is best healer (in general) and best for solo/pug...in ths moment i think:
Best party healer, by a mile long, is WP. RP is great single target healer though due to the mobility it has. Outside of RvR the WP has it better, with the possibility to use shields and actual weapons, or shields in RvR for the matter (crazy, but just works when you need more survivability than Righteous Fury regen). Best actual healer is an AM that hasn't fallen still to the dark side, aka as DPS AM, having a crap ton of extremely powerful spells combined synergies for classes and tactics. Damn hard to use and fragile but damn powerful too. I'm running like this and is a blast to play.

Best solo is WH hands down. That's not even a competition. 2nd goes to WL and aSW in a close tie dependant in play style. Both have the potential to melt things down if you know what you are doing. Best PUG is KotBS.

Given that you want a RDPS, then yeah, engi is very funny to play and has a lot of potential. Balanced, don't expect to melt things down like Magi, but can boost a lot the realm damage with de/buffs. Really enjoy mine and definitely a class that I recommend, even with the sub-par damage.
Spoiler:

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#3 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:14 pm

Ototo wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:57 pm
emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:37 pm Looking to level new chars at order side => i usually play pug wb/sc (mostly rvr). I like to play support/healer or RDPS...never played order, and want to know what is best healer (in general) and best for solo/pug...in ths moment i think:
Best party healer, by a mile long, is WP. RP is great single target healer though due to the mobility it has. Outside of RvR the WP has it better, with the possibility to use shields and actual weapons, or shields in RvR for the matter (crazy, but just works when you need more survivability than Righteous Fury regen). Best actual healer is an AM that hasn't fallen still to the dark side, aka as DPS AM, having a crap ton of extremely powerful spells combined synergies for classes and tactics. Damn hard to use and fragile but damn powerful too. I'm running like this and is a blast to play.

Best solo is WH hands down. That's not even a competition. 2nd goes to WL and aSW in a close tie dependant in play style. Both have the potential to melt things down if you know what you are doing. Best PUG is KotBS.

Given that you want a RDPS, then yeah, engi is very funny to play and has a lot of potential. Balanced, don't expect to melt things down like Magi, but can boost a lot the realm damage with de/buffs. Really enjoy mine and definitely a class that I recommend, even with the sub-par damage.
Thx for reply. Im very surprised that you pointed AM as best healer....i have played the 3 destro healers and shaman isnt the best for sure, maybe the most fun (for roaming sure) but not the best...

Ototo

Post#4 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:19 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:14 pm
Ototo wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:57 pm
Spoiler:

Thx for reply. Im very surprised that you pointed AM as best healer....i have played the 3 destro healers and shaman isnt the best for sure, maybe the most fun (for roaming sure) but not the best...
Underlined parts only. This is a game. Nuff said ;) :)
Spoiler:

Wam

Post#5 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:21 pm

Depends on your style and preference

Engi is good all rounder, long range, okay aoe, okay st, and good utlity and a rdps with some self sustain with keg... good for keep defences etc where the walls will stop most melee running over you.

as for healer

WP is the best if you are solo healing party, although the others ain't bad eitiher... RP is better ST heal and the AM is a bit squishier than these two but also very good healing plus it has utlity like its puddle which is very good against destro zerg and melee train if placed properly... plus you mention you like support/healer and rdps , AM also has the possibility to be a DPS which is good at solo.

Tanky group healer = wp
mobile anti burst healer = rp
hybrid and more utility healer = am
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#6 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:47 pm

Wam wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:21 pm
Depends on your style and preference

Engi is good all rounder, long range, okay aoe, okay st, and good utlity and a rdps with some self sustain with keg... good for keep defences etc where the walls will stop most melee running over you.

as for healer

WP is the best if you are solo healing party, although the others ain't bad eitiher... RP is better ST heal and the AM is a bit squishier than these two but also very good healing plus it has utlity like its puddle which is very good against destro zerg and melee train if placed properly... plus you mention you like support/healer and rdps , AM also has the possibility to be a DPS which is good at solo.

Tanky group healer = wp
Thx for answer. When playing DoK always feel like i have no tools when enemies focus in 1 target....for that reason (and the pain mechanic to transfer ap=>essence) was thinking in RP.

kmark101

Post#7 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:15 pm

If you'd base your decision as what Order needs the most, especially for pugs, then this is the priority list:

- any healer, class doesn't matter, all of them are great (just don't start to dps with them for the love of anything holy, you do more harm than good for your team... if you want to dps then roll something else, see below!)
- competent and decent BWs
- anything else

Also, lets see a list what Order absolutely does not need at this point, these class setups are a no-go zone if you want to be useful for the realm:

- any dps healers
- any dps tanks, except if they are rr70+
- engis (they are fun, but so many of them already and kinda useless without support OR organized BT warband!)
- non-assault SWs
- low rr solo slayers (ie. without a tank buddy you can play with 24/7)

Everything else works. Hope this helps (maybe not) :)
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Yipp

Post#8 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:43 am

Tanky group healer = wp

New Player.... WHY is a RP more "mobile" than a Warrior Priest as a healer?

Ads
adamthelc

Post#9 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:29 am

Yipp wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:43 am Tanky group healer = wp

New Player.... WHY is a RP more "mobile" than a Warrior Priest as a healer?
They have flash heal. WP doesnt have any non hot instant heals unless you count melee heals which arent great unless you are grace and have the limitation of having to attack something.