Recent Topics

Ads

Help me pick a class

Order must unite, as they are strong in great numbers. Order players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Aebel

Help me pick a class

Post#1 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:31 am

So I'm considering making an Order toon but I'm at a loss as to which class. I prefer more support oriented classes who can still hold their own, like the Mara or melee SH can be. When I ask in /advice people just tell me to play a kotbs because they can just stand there with their auras on but I want to be more active, plus I hear that Order has almost too many tanks and healers in SC play in endgame. I'm not worried about the skill required to be good at the class, I don't mind putting in the time to learn it

Ads
adamthelc

Re: Help me pick a class

Post#2 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:42 am

I'm not sure I would call a melee SH a support oriented class, sure they have some utility but so does every class.

Anyway if you want a class that can do good damage and provide a lot of utility engineer seems like it might be a good choice.

If you are looking for a mdps Slayer and WL have some things in common with the 2 things you mentioned. I wouldnt call either support oriented though. They are damage oriented with some support. Both great classes though.

Celyt

Post#3 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:07 am

Play a white lion, learn how to control your pet to utilize the damage output. Or if you want more of a support based role play a engineer

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:05 pm

Play a Wrath Priest if you want a DPS mixed with offhealing + group buffing capabilities.

theSarevok

Post#5 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:56 pm

You’re not giving us much to go by to recommend a class for you :). As some have said engi and kotbs sound the most support oriented if you don’t want to be a healer. There is no true “support” class you’ve got tanks, dd or “dps” and healers.
First I would decide if you want to be tank, ranged dps, melee dps, or healer and go from there.
If you can’t decide from the get-go It’s really easy to make any character and level them a bit through t1 to see how they play. You can experience pvp (scs and orvr - granted on a simpler, smaller scale) and pve in the early levels and see how the character plays and then make your decision.
Personally I have fun with all the classes so just depends what you like

TenTonHammer

Post#6 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:12 pm

Aebel wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:31 am I prefer more support oriented classes who can still hold their own, like the Mara or melee SH can be. When I ask in /advice people just tell me to play a kotbs because they can just stand there with their auras on but I want to be more active
I really think you should give iron breaker a try

Durable, can put out respectable damage and has plenty of good oathfriend support buff all the while being far more active and harder than KOTBS

also you can never have enough tanks honestly we still have way too many backline BW's and AMs in t4 and not enough tanks

Ashoris

Post#7 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:55 pm

Ib!

Order is lacking tanks who do not play for their own but guard, assist, punt enemy guarder, know when to use knockdown and have a decent dmg output.
IB can do it all.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Aebel

Post#8 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:23 pm

IB sounds like a good choice! How is their solo play? I plan on doing WB and SC play but I'd like the option to roam solo if I wanted to

Ads
Manatikik

Post#9 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:31 pm

Shadow Warrior, the answer is always Shadow Warrior.
<Montague><Capulet>

TenTonHammer

Post#10 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:38 pm

Aebel wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:23 pm IB sounds like a good choice! How is their solo play? I plan on doing WB and SC play but I'd like the option to roam solo if I wanted to
It’s really good espically with a 2H it’s a class that can 1v3 or even 4 people depending on the situation thanks to grumble and mutter heal and inherent durability

If you want to see some performance you can look at eatthisswords channel on YouTube for his ib Volgograd he even has a 2 part tutorial on 2H ib to get you going