Recent Topics

Ads

<Balls Deep> Recruiting

Order must unite, as they are strong in great numbers. Order players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
phononHYPE

Re: <Balls Deep> Recruiting

Post#11 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:25 am

wonshot wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:24 pm Could the name simply just refer to their offensive playstyle? And have nothing to do with offending snowflakes :roll:

Free bump, or should i say "bomb" Feiry highfive to Order's next up and coming warband-guild (hopefully)
See here is the start of an argument, of which I could go further and say in warfare you want your opponent as off-balance as possible and that bright colors or scary masks, or even certain naming strategems, could work in that manner. Of course rvr here is too fast to see guild tags, if you even have names turned on. Which is highly suggested not to do for crash reasons.

And "snowflakes" is about as overused as "awesome" when describing your weekend or your breakfast omelette. You did not have an awesome weekend, you sat at home and enjoyed some time with friends online, maybe kicked butt, maybe not. You did not have "the. best. (insert something). EVER!", so stop saying that to make your boring life sound interesting. And having someone disagree with you on hot social topics does not make them a snowflake.

And finally, bad press is better than no press, so yeah, free "bomb" for BD.

Cheers and see you on the field.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
Ramasee

Post#12 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:46 am

"Balls to the Wall" would be the phrase that means full throttle. Originates in aviation throttle control; and that speed could be construed quite easily to mean offensive playstyle since planes are likely to go full throttle when attacking targets.

"Balls Deep" 100% originates in the sexual way. Not that this phrase is all that demeaning or offensive.

Ytendra

Post#13 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:45 am

wonshot wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:24 pm Could the name simply just refer to their offensive playstyle? And have nothing to do with offending snowflakes :roll:

Free bump, or should i say "bomb" Feiry highfive to Order's next up and coming warband-guild (hopefully)
Bombling is correct.
Our playstyle is quite aggressive and we are trying to incorporate offensive playstyle and push (Balls) deep into enemy lines. I apologise for the confusion regarding the guild name.

BeautfulToad

Post#14 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:57 pm

Ramasee wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:46 am "Balls Deep" 100% originates in the sexual way. Not that this phrase is all that demeaning or offensive.
Just to say, I like etymology. In the UK, "Balls deep" generally means that you are swamped with something (e.g., "you are balls deep in trouble"). Similar to "up to my neck" which I suppose is a bit safer and used more frequently. Never heard it used in a sexual meaning at all before reading this, and - to be honest - would be a pretty dank thing to say in that context.

https://stronglang.wordpress.com/2016/0 ... alls-deep/