Recent Topics

Ads

[NA] Gaiscioch - Casual / New Player Friendly - RvR Focused

Order must unite, as they are strong in great numbers. Order players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
foghladha

Re: [NA/OCX] Gaiscioch Returns to Warhammer Online - PvX

Post#41 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:32 am

Feel free to join us Friday nights at 6PM PT for Warhammer Night. Contact Foghladha (t4) or Foghlada (t1)
Foghladha
Founder & Activities Director
Gaiscioch Social Gaming Community
Discord | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter

Ads
martholomew

Post#42 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:34 pm

I was in your guild but every day I logged in, there was literally no other player online in the guild. For a week. Are you guys active or not? Only active at certain times? What's the story? I'm willing to play literally any class that's needed and any spec. But ya'll gotta log in too :D

Also: 50% tax????????????????????????? Wow..
Magus 40/78

Doomkitten

Post#43 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:39 pm

As a fellow resident of Ostermark/Phoenix Throne/Badlands, (and Nimue/Hib, come to mention it) it's my hope that we'll run into each other in future. I'm sure I've run across a couple of you folks in T1 while I was busy with my warrior priest, Bobbijay (she of the Sigmar Puppets). Someone gave me your discord, at any rate.

Alas, Friday nights are my guild's tabletop nights. Hopefully you won't mind a little friendlist adding for offpeak fun.

Athergic

Post#44 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:56 pm

How do you pronounce this name? Looks like a great guild and community :) A helpful website as well.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Fallenkezef

Post#45 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:45 pm

Athergic wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:56 pm How do you pronounce this name? Looks like a great guild and community :) A helpful website as well.
https://forvo.com/word/gaisc%C3%ADoch/

Irish is a wonderful language when a lass speaks it.

Or

https://www.teanglann.ie/en/fuaim/gaisc%C3%ADoch
Alea iacta est

DirkDaring

Post#46 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:20 am

martholomew wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:34 pm I was in your guild but every day I logged in, there was literally no other player online in the guild. For a week. Are you guys active or not? Only active at certain times? What's the story? I'm willing to play literally any class that's needed and any spec. But ya'll gotta log in too :D

What time zone do you play in, while we have people in guild across all time zones, Euro, NA etc, the largest number of players tends to be PST west coast time zone, maybe you are missing them ,

While i`m in Shadows of Divinity, as i was running with Phantom the last year of game in SOD on live , before that i played Dest for 3 years , 1 year of that fighting Gaiscioch on badlands after Dark Crag shut down.

I joined Fog and gang in GW2 2012 , and in ESO, think i still have a couple alts in GSCH here , but rarely play lately due to work. guess i need to log on more

the 50 % tax thing sounds high , but the only thing thats actually taxed is the loose coin you loot off mobs you kill, any gold etc you gain from selling stuff you looted to npcs, on the AH, or from quests turn ins does not count as part of the 50% tax . It was high if i remember because, they were trying to lvl up the guild, buy ranks, passives, cloaks etc which are expensive, could be wrong , but i believe that was the original reasoning for the high tax.

for awhile atleast last year , some were playing, but the biggest numbers were on Friday nights when they were doing Warhammer RvR night, im not sure what the schedule is atm, or if they are starting to play more often or not. Fog or another member maybe can shed light on the subject, as i have been absent for the last year mostly.

foghladha

Post#47 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:14 am

martholomew wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:34 pm I was in your guild but every day I logged in, there was literally no other player online in the guild. For a week. Are you guys active or not? Only active at certain times? What's the story? I'm willing to play literally any class that's needed and any spec. But ya'll gotta log in too :D

Gaiscioch plays Return of Reckoning as a secondary game it it's primary chapters in ESO and GW2. We have weekly scheduled events when we all login and play. ATM Fridays at 6PM PT is our big event but we have regulars on throughout the week between 3-9PM PT. We have no real OCX/EU presence.

---

Before you worry about a 50% tax let me explain how tax works:

What Tax Takes From:
* Coin Pickup (at level 40 this is an average of 25c per kill)

What Tax DOES NOT take from:
* Quests
* Auction Hall Sales
* Vendor Sales
* Trades

The only place Tax comes into consideration is on coin pickup from mobs killed. Taxes are needed to claim keeps in T2-4 (several hundred gold to claim 1 keep) and to unlock additional bank slots. The majority of coin earned by a level 40 is from vendor sales and quests. Neither are taxed.
Foghladha

martholomew

Post#48 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:32 am

DirkDaring wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:20 am

What time zone do you play in, while we have people in guild across all time zones, Euro, NA etc, the largest number of players tends to be PST west coast time zone, maybe you are missing them ,

While i`m in Shadows of Divinity, as i was running with Phantom the last year of game in SOD on live , before that i played Dest for 3 years , 1 year of that fighting Gaiscioch on badlands after Dark Crag shut down.

I joined Fog and gang in GW2 2012 , and in ESO, think i still have a couple alts in GSCH here , but rarely play lately due to work. guess i need to log on more

the 50 % tax thing sounds high , but the only thing thats actually taxed is the loose coin you loot off mobs you kill, any gold etc you gain from selling stuff you looted to npcs, on the AH, or from quests turn ins does not count as part of the 50% tax . It was high if i remember because, they were trying to lvl up the guild, buy ranks, passives, cloaks etc which are expensive, could be wrong , but i believe that was the original reasoning for the high tax.

for awhile atleast last year , some were playing, but the biggest numbers were on Friday nights when they were doing Warhammer RvR night, im not sure what the schedule is atm, or if they are starting to play more often or not. Fog or another member maybe can shed light on the subject, as i have been absent for the last year mostly.
Thank you both for clarifying that and educating me. I understand now and agree it is not that big a deal.
Magus 40/78

Ads
foghladha

Post#49 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Happy to announce we are now part of the High Ground Alliance which is filled with active Tier 4 guilds in both PvE and RvR. Come join the fun :D.
Foghladha

AlienzExist

Post#50 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:36 pm

So many old faces.

WH from badlands here.