Recent Topics

Ads

What The Hell Is Wrong With My Witch Hunter?

Order must unite, as they are strong in great numbers. Order players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
letumexordo
Banned

What The Hell Is Wrong With My Witch Hunter?

Post#1 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:05 am

I have some Stalker's gear and some T2-T3 Green Gears. And I can easily rekt. And I can hit only 186 damage to 5 Rank higher DD Chosens. :/ And also I might be rekt by Witch Elven while they keep their life at 75% even Trivial ones can easily rekt me. :/ I have fully STR spec with talisman and Renown Points and I'm using Path of Inquisitor. Any advices? Thanks already!

Ads
Jaycub

Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With My Witch Hunter?

Post#2 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:12 am

WH/WE might seem like the assassin class, but they are not.

Just like everyone other MDPS they need a guard and a healer in order to function properly. Any half brained healer will just detaunt and laff at you 1v1, and without an assist the same thing is true about going against other guarded/healed targets.

There are way better 1v1 classes out there if that is what you are looking for. I'd honestly rather solo on a DPS runepriest than on a WH.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Mez

Post#3 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:17 am

If a WE has witchbrew buffed, expect to get rekt. Chosen are tough without good gear. Despite what TK and the pro exit wound fanboys say, I would go confession for the free magic immunity (great for disrupting punts by zealots, shamans and doks, and disarms by sorcs etc) and you get Repel Blasphemy which gives you 5 seconds of free parry, and then you chain it with your 4 second disarm. There's something about having 9 seconds of 0 damage against me that I liked on my WH on live.

I'm an old school WH though, so maybe this spec truly stinks, but trying it cannot hurt. People stopped using burn away lies as well on live because cleansing power was introduced, and people could just cleanse it off, however only pro healers like Xcplise use this ability in RoR. Hope my dinosaur aged-advice helps a bit. Also when fighting a tank, try to extend the fight to get morale 1 up with kiting. Confusing movements is another free win ability which you can chain nicely with the other utility I mentioned.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Ridduk

Post#4 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:32 am

I must be a pro healer then

Dabbart

Post#5 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:33 am

Low ranked/geared Wh, a few tips:

1, Don't try to solo smash. You don't have the spike damage required yet.

2, Assist others. You can provide quite a lot of damage, and your bullet debuffs are priceless. Utilize the right bullet on the right target and you can make a large difference.

3, Don't worry about retreating to your back lines for a period. Pick your battles. But as you move, make sure you strafe, and not run directly backwards. Head back, make sure your lines are clear, and find a melee set to assist.

4, Figure out what is killing you. Set one of your chat tabs to only show PvP damage received, and cycle through it, or get the addon Enemy, and you can see directly which abilities are eating you. Play your defences accordingly.

Most important with WH, is to pick your fights. Don't charge blindly. And try out some different abilities. I have almost 28 abilities/**** on my hotbars, WH has by far the largest of my toons.

For Wh builds: http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... er#p129559
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Tklees

Post#6 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:40 am

Mez wrote:If a WE has witchbrew buffed, expect to get rekt. Chosen are tough without good gear. Despite what TK and the pro exit wound fanboys say, I would go confession for the free magic immunity (great for disrupting punts by zealots, shamans and doks, and disarms by sorcs etc) and you get Repel Blasphemy which gives you 5 seconds of free parry, and then you chain it with your 4 second disarm. There's something about having 9 seconds of 0 damage against me that I liked on my WH on live.

I'm an old school WH though, so maybe this spec truly stinks, but trying it cannot hurt. People stopped using burn away lies as well on live because cleansing power was introduced, and people could just cleanse it off, however only pro healers like Xcplise use this ability in RoR. Hope my dinosaur aged-advice helps a bit. Also when fighting a tank, try to extend the fight to get morale 1 up with kiting. Confusing movements is another free win ability which you can chain nicely with the other utility I mentioned.
I dont use exit would at 35 :) but once t4 comes....
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

lilsabin

Post#7 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:10 pm

150% healbullet,interesting

Renork

Post#8 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:29 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
lilsabin wrote:150% healbullet,interesting
blessed bullets of purity used to be a base +100% heal for the damage of the proc, with sanctified bullets it was 150%. Blessed bullets of confession used to be a snare and a dot.
Oh god, good times.

Ads
Lileldys

Post#9 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:33 pm

Exit wounds is strong, and needs a good player behind it. I've been critting for 1.5k+ with EW and inc/out heal debuffing healers and dps feels better to me than 50% crit dmg.

OP: What skills are you using? You should open with Sudden Accusation, then use PunishTheFalse or Seeker's Blade into PunishTheFalse(for a cover so healdebuff doesnt get cleansed), then use Torment to 5pts, then Exit Wound/Absolution

Eathisword

Post#10 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:39 pm

letumexordo wrote:I have some Stalker's gear and some T2-T3 Green Gears. And I can easily rekt. And I can hit only 186 damage to 5 Rank higher DD Chosens. :/ And also I might be rekt by Witch Elven while they keep their life at 75% even Trivial ones can easily rekt me. :/ I have fully STR spec with talisman and Renown Points and I'm using Path of Inquisitor. Any advices? Thanks already!
I played with you a couple scenarios, here are a couple pointers :

1 - Stop bitching at your healers and tanks. We'll remember eventually to never heal or guard you. Instead pm them nice things when they help you.

2- Don't be a hero WH. Yo have stealth... we don't. When you use it to go all the way to the enemy backlines, you're on your own. Don't do that. Assist other dps and tank. Even if you think their target is stupid. Cause, well, you don'T know what a good target is atm.

3- Don't expect any kind of success until you know the strengths and weaknesses of ALL the classes in the game. Until you can predict reasonably well what a class is gonna do, you cannot beat them. No matter how hard you press torment, or how good you think your gear is.

Example : if you attack a shaman, he's gonna punt you, detaunt you and puddlesnare you. How do you counter that ? Don't know ? Don't attack him. Same goes for every other class.

Good luck !
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.