Recent Topics

Ads

[Implementation Feedback] Patch Sept 18 2018

After feedback has reached it's viable limit, it will retire here to keep the main section clean and tidy.
peterthepan3

Re: [Implementation Feedback] Patch Sept 18 2018

Post#31 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:42 pm

oaliaen wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:41 pm Any plans for Choppa ? you know we need some love.
There are definitely plans for the Choppa AoE tree 8-) All in good time.

Ads
dansari

Post#32 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:46 pm

Mausini wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:32 pm I am going to say that crystal clear now, sorry if I am going to insult someone.

RoR staff members could give themselves stuff for free until a few days ago to gain advantage over the normal community members but I at the same time need to invest that little leisure time I have to deal with the mess. So after everything that happened, thats your PR approach?

I know, its for free and I am very grateful but as a matter of fact, it is not completely free. I am investing my time, the most important currency of them all. As long as I get a good return on investment everything is more then fine.

My question is:
Whats your opinion. Did I get a good return on investment with that last WL changes?
You're not insulting. Your emotions are valid. I won't comment on staff members as its truly not my place. I'm also not really the "PR" person, I'm just doing my best to give you a holistic view into why things happen and what you might expect for the future. We appreciate you being grateful but really, you should also have fun playing the game, and I imagine it has not been fun having to deal with WL changes.

To get to the meat of your post, if I may, I'll reply to your question with a question: do you short stocks (if you participate in the stock market) or would you, or do/would you invest in things like ETFs? If we're specifically talking about your return on investment, and you wanted to short WL, it hasn't been a good investment. The class has changed, sometimes for the worse, sometimes better, but ultimately you bought in for higher than the where the stock is now. But if you hold for the long gain, I think (at least I hope) that your return on investment is worth it. Thoughts?
<Salt Factory>

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#33 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:05 pm

Wouldn`t it be a good idea to implement some "test server" where the players can test with 40 sets and so ?

dansari

Post#34 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:09 pm

Aerogath wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:05 pm Wouldn`t it be a good idea to implement some "test server" where the players can test with 40 sets and so ?
There is a dev server where you can test some things. If you're interested, get with Hargrim in discord.
<Salt Factory>

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#35 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:11 pm

dansari wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:09 pm
Aerogath wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:05 pm Wouldn`t it be a good idea to implement some "test server" where the players can test with 40 sets and so ?
There is a dev server where you can test some things. If you're interested, get with Hargrim in discord.
ah okay if there is still one its good.

Tesq

Post#36 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:16 pm

i must say that i agree with 99% of this explaination; btw regarding shamm ap issue....drop the 55 ap heal to 45 ap ... that should solve a lot of hedache, a lot of 55 ap skills in game are not justified they scale pretty bad between rvr and smalls cale.

Mausini

Post#37 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:18 pm

dansari wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:46 pm
Mausini wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:32 pm I am going to say that crystal clear now, sorry if I am going to insult someone.

RoR staff members could give themselves stuff for free until a few days ago to gain advantage over the normal community members but I at the same time need to invest that little leisure time I have to deal with the mess. So after everything that happened, thats your PR approach?

I know, its for free and I am very grateful but as a matter of fact, it is not completely free. I am investing my time, the most important currency of them all. As long as I get a good return on investment everything is more then fine.

My question is:
Whats your opinion. Did I get a good return on investment with that last WL changes?
You're not insulting. Your emotions are valid. I won't comment on staff members as its truly not my place. I'm also not really the "PR" person, I'm just doing my best to give you a holistic view into why things happen and what you might expect for the future. We appreciate you being grateful but really, you should also have fun playing the game, and I imagine it has not been fun having to deal with WL changes.

To get to the meat of your post, if I may, I'll reply to your question with a question: do you short stocks (if you participate in the stock market) or would you, or do/would you invest in things like ETFs? If we're specifically talking about your return on investment, and you wanted to short WL, it hasn't been a good investment. The class has changed, sometimes for the worse, sometimes better, but ultimately you bought in for higher than the where the stock is now. But if you hold for the long gain, I think (at least I hope) that your return on investment is worth it. Thoughts?
I appreciate your reply but I do not really want to discuss the matter. However I will answer because I welcome your effort.

Your analogy does not really work for one simple reason. Long term stock market investments do pay off because you can buy them and never touch them for years and if you are luck -> profit. So no investment needed after the initial one.

In the case of time or time invested in my WL, like I brought it up, its different. While waiting for things to get better I might actually want to use my WL. If I want to do so properly, or on a competitive level, I do need to invest even more because your setup it subpar after the changes.

Because I have 0 clue what is going to happen and I do not know if you are not going to **** it up royally again (and to be honest, a full reroll is a massive fail) it right now feels like throwing more good money after the bad.

I pointed out that it would be fair to give the WL player that invested a good bunch of time into their toon some kind of help to jump right back into the action. I will need at least several nights of work to get all the gold for optimizing gear I already had optimized 2 times. Thats depressing and I DO NOT ENJOY IT AT ALL.

Turn it however you want but some help would be fair.

If you go to war you need be aware of refugee streams. You think of that with every action you do. If you change a class that massive 2 times in a row, guess what you should have done before deploying the changes? Correct, you take action to avoid negative impact, in this case on your community and the player of the class.

Ups, it was necesarry, deal with it. Thats the message I get and I dislike it.

Don't want to discuss it again. Send me a PM if you feel the need for some conversation about the topic. I dont think discussing it any further in the forum is going to help RoR.

Best Roman aka Nrfplz

OldPlayer
Former Staff

Post#38 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Suggestion: considering proposed WL changes I suggest to make a council of certain amount (5-6 should be enough, both EU and NA, 1+2 and 1+3 style) of well renowned and active WL players who play WL as their main to solve as consultants for the changes to avoid the situation of the patches before the last. Community for community.
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.

Ads
Aerogath
Suspended

Post#39 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:07 pm

Spoiler:
Tor Anroc has a critical bug.
If you die in the lava the slow won`t remove you can live with it after. ( don´t have to tell how much people are playing asshole and just kicking enemies down :P)
This doesn't belong here. - ptp3

catholicism198

Post#40 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:32 pm

OldPlayer wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:56 pm Suggestion: considering proposed WL changes I suggest to make a council of certain amount (5-6 should be enough, both EU and NA, 1+2 and 1+3 style) of well renowned and active WL players who play WL as their main to solve as consultants for the changes to avoid the situation of the patches before the last. Community for community.
There are only about 2-3 dedicated WL players, the rest are fotm jumpers, which are currently playing the melee squig, whose opinion shouldn't be taken into consideration.

Hopefully they don't bring back the cheesy guardian spec.

For dedicated WLs- off the top of my head I can only think of hellokitty, but I know there's one more....