Recent Topics

Ads

[Implementation Feedback] Patch Sept 18 2018

After feedback has reached it's viable limit, it will retire here to keep the main section clean and tidy.
zgolec

Re: [Implementation Feedback] Patch Sept 18 2018

Post#41 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:40 pm

Aint playin my WL almost at all [excep for farming stuff] for last 2 months. Changes out of blue completelly fk up builds, forcing to re socket all stuff with new talis and so on... Just not worth it. Guess 2-3 months more and maybe, just maybe it will be a worth to hit it again...

Also taking FA from SW while not giving them Rapid back on Skirmi is another fk up.

Another nerf to SM abilities... Kinda sucks when you can see mirroring WODS to bg and further buffing destro tanks...

Overall... Im happy to enjoy SWTOR and SWL storyline now and not gettin pissed by playing elven toons here... Will see how it will be in future...
OldPlayer wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:56 pm Suggestion: considering proposed WL changes I suggest to make a council of certain amount (5-6 should be enough, both EU and NA, 1+2 and 1+3 style) of well renowned and active WL players who play WL as their main to solve as consultants for the changes to avoid the situation of the patches before the last. Community for community.
That would be nice. There are some good players that could suggest a thing or two that would be balanced and fun to play not just "destro friendly changes".
catholicism198 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:32 pm There are only about 2-3 dedicated WL players, the rest are fotm jumpers, which are currently playing the melee squig, whose opinion shouldn't be taken into consideration.

Hopefully they don't bring back the cheesy guardian spec.

For dedicated WLs- off the top of my head I can only think of hellokitty, but I know there's one more....
Think more ;) Gwelthas, Byron, Alena and some others [better then mentioned [sry not an antipathy, just fact] Hellokitty] outta there too :P
Last edited by zgolec on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Ads
Cimba

Post#42 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:05 pm

I don't have anything to discuss this patch since I'm not playing these classes. Just wanted to say thank you that you make the effort to be more transparent on these changes. I hope you can keep this up in the future.

catholicism198

Post#43 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:14 pm

zgolec wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:40 pm Think more ;) Gwelthas, Byron, Alena and some others [better then mentioned [sry not an antipathy, just fact] Hellokitty] outta there too :P
I haven't seen those online since the guardian nerf.

Ramasee

Post#44 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:22 pm

OldPlayer wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:56 pm Suggestion: considering proposed WL changes I suggest to make a council of certain amount (5-6 should be enough, both EU and NA, 1+2 and 1+3 style) of well renowned and active WL players who play WL as their main to solve as consultants for the changes to avoid the situation of the patches before the last. Community for community.
If every class balance change (not bug fixes) was discussed in the balance forums before implementation, no one would be shocked when their entire class got reworked.

To Dan and ptp3, can we get a generalized roadmap/design philosophy for each career and their mastery paths and what content each will be mostly designed for?

zgolec

Post#45 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:37 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:14 pm
zgolec wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:40 pm Think more ;) Gwelthas, Byron, Alena and some others [better then mentioned [sry not an antipathy, just fact] Hellokitty] outta there too :P
I haven't seen those online since the guardian nerf.
Gwel is online a lot, saw Byron as well almost everytime i log :P
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

altharion1
Banned

Post#46 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:43 pm

Just be honest guys. No one has any idea what they are doing with the WL :lol: :lol: :lol:
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Tesq

Post#47 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:45 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:32 pm
There are only about 2-3 dedicated WL players, the rest are fotm jumpers, which are currently playing the melee squig, whose opinion shouldn't be taken into consideration.

Hopefully they don't bring back the cheesy guardian spec.

For dedicated WLs- off the top of my head I can only think of hellokitty, but I know there's one more....
im not a wl player tough in my humble opinion, left and mid should be merged with usefulls / cools tuff from right and both should have an accessibale skill-combo with pet in the same position (just like ib/bg all have in sam eposition skill which have to do with their meccanic). This will save the more stuff you can from wl while also make room for right mastery to be fix for wb; fix that could take some imput from the last reverted changes like ; spiritual dmg, aoe channeling moved right mastery + new stuff.
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterthepan3

Post#48 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:47 pm

Ramasee wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:22 pm
To Dan and ptp3, can we get a generalized roadmap/design philosophy for each career and their mastery paths and what content each will be mostly designed for?
That is definitely something we will do in good time (particularly for classes/specs that are in line for some polishing up).

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#49 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:00 pm

altharion1 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:43 pm Just be honest guys. No one has any idea what they are doing with the WL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Runiz had (Spam AoE), but it seems these times are gone now :?
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

CountTalabecland

Post#50 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:53 pm

I am glad that the horrid SW hybrid that WL had become got reverted. I think you the devs (past and present) got a little too far inside your own heads in trying to develop the class. The idea of evolution not revolution sounds like the right direction. I feel like the Mythic idea of WL mirroring SH is conceptually incoherent. Mara is the more obvious mirror even though Mara was designed to stance dance like SW. But it stands to reason that if WH/WE are single target (generally), SL/Choppa are AoE (generally), then it stands to reason that WL/Mara should share a needed role, which I would describe as support/hybrid ST/AOE/Buff.

I don't know what the pet should made to do functionally, since as a melee you really have a vested interest in it being alive while you are in melee range, as opposed to SH where you can stand back and do dmg for free regardless of what happens to your pet. I would say if there is anything to salvage from Aza changes (sorry to bring that up, but what else to call it?), it would be making loner a free tactic, so as to make the pet problem more of a choice (i.e let the pet have some purpose that is not core to the class).
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.