Recent Topics

Ads

[Implementation Feedback] Warrior Priest / Disciple of Khaine

After feedback has reached it's viable limit, it will retire here to keep the main section clean and tidy.
roadkillrobin

Re: Warrior Priest / Disciple of Khaine

Post#121 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:54 pm

The burst damage in this game has always been way to high for the sake of making fights intreasting. Small scale is all about stun+healdebuff+burst and large scale is all about CC+Morales bursts. Id much more prefer if ttk was by default was much longer. Wich would require in general much more skill by a group to set upp for the kills. Hard lock CC in general is imo really boring as it often ressaults in situations were only one get to play. More non static debuff oriented fighting style and lesser raw burst damage and hard lock CC would probobly do the game better rather then trying to fit the healers pve mechanics into the burst meta. But again. Just my opinions.

Ads
Tesq

Post#122 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:00 pm

we're gone Out of topic but im for that opinion too; anyway since aza told no more changes until client controll that mean we need to deal with the dok/wp state tough im happy that finally someone admit that the heal output it's too high.

roadkillrobin

Post#123 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:10 pm

Well I don't consider it off-topic, I just look at it fron another perspective. Wich the current changes is based on DR/Sal being to good and, Sac/Grace were to bad to function in Player vs Player. While I look at it from: Sac/Grace designed to be ballance in PVE and for it to function without completly dissasembling the class, then the overal burst dmg from other players needs to be towned down.

This would probobly have made the old Sham/AM mechanic work aswell and would even give Zealots/RP some time to throw of a dps spell now and then. It would just open up so many more possibibles and tactis. While i feel the current changes, both to DoK/WP and Sham/AM have locked em even more into a meta spec then before.

dur3al

Post#124 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:57 am

Isn't it possible to just add a 5s cooldown on Transfer Essence?
Martyr's Square: Sync & Nerfedbuttons - enigma
Martyr's Square: Dureal & Method - Disrespect/It's Orz again
Badlands: Dureal & Alatheus - Exo
Karak-Norn: Sejanus - Blitz/Elementz

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#125 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:09 am

roadkillrobin wrote:The burst damage in this game has always been way to high for the sake of making fights intreasting. Small scale is all about stun+healdebuff+burst and large scale is all about CC+Morales bursts. Id much more prefer if ttk was by default was much longer. Wich would require in general much more skill by a group to set upp for the kills. Hard lock CC in general is imo really boring as it often ressaults in situations were only one get to play. More non static debuff oriented fighting style and lesser raw burst damage and hard lock CC would probobly do the game better rather then trying to fit the healers pve mechanics into the burst meta. But again. Just my opinions.
Hm, I can see your point but I am surprised you think there is too much hard lock CC in this game. WAR has just about the bare minimum of CC in the game, particularly with the very long immunity timers you're given. Especially compared to something like WoW, which is probably one of the closest games in term of gameplay to WAR (though it obviously lacks tanks in PvP, or ORvR, but I'm talking about from a mechanics/small-scale sense), there is very little CC at all, and TTK is also a bit higher.

In terms of Warrior Priest/Disciple of Khaine balance, I think a simple CD added to Sigmar's Radiance/TE would be a step in the right direction.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#126 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:56 am

Spoiler:
I only have 1 thing to say:

BRING BACK THE OLD DOK MECANIC.

Sry i cant gives any further opinion, suggestion(s) or detail(s) that can help you.

That is all.
This is the balance forum - Azarael
]

roadkillrobin

Post#127 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:08 am

5 sec CD for TE and SR would make them the worst healers in the game. Not only would it have the worst HPS in the game, it also requires you stay within 5 feet of enemies and aswell as require a offensive target.

As for hard lock CC, im not talking about stunlock chains, rather then 1 CC + burst dmg is in general enough to kill a target. Theres very little set up needed by a group to kill anything. And it can often be done with just 1 dps class and some support from a tank. Thats moastly likly the reason why Sac/Grace or DaGreen/Vaul focused builds failed in the first place.

Pafsanias

Post#128 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:27 am

Azarael what I suggested is to force you to be in front and attack but you need to have the proper defences. The reduction of armor will not help you. Even in live server before the expansion of renown ranks (80-100) you had to regen RF by meleeing if you wanted to proper heal.
At the moment warrior priest (or dok) does not have the tools to do that. Even divine shock can be parried not to mention the cool down on it.
Few more suggestions for casted healing through melee and melee heals.
1. Give Prayer of Absolution the old values but reduce the RF regen.
2. Change the tactic of Sigmar's Favor to give a buff to armor or defences or whatever you think proper according to the enemies near or around the warrior priest because at the moment is a useless tactic.
3. Make divine shock undefendable and reduce the cool down to 30 seconds. (Use maybe Sigmar's Favor?).
4. Rework Grace of Sigmar. Remove the increase of base healing. Instead Make this tactic to convert the damage of Sigmar's Grace to spiritual and the heal returned to 150%.

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#129 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:52 am

roadkillrobin wrote:The burst damage in this game has always been way to high for the sake of making fights intreasting. Small scale is all about stun+healdebuff+burst and large scale is all about CC+Morales bursts.
The defensive morale cycle nerf of patch 1.3.5 lowered the TTK in this game and I feel like this was a mistake. They could have taken a different design decision then to nerf those defensive morale's into the ground. That patch changed the direction of this game, which notably, is when mark jacobs resigned from mythic and a new lead designer was put in his place. The TTK was higher for organized play at one time.

Patch 1.3.5
http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/G ... nd_Careers

I don't think the heal classes hybrid spec was purely for pve content. I don't really think a lot was considered for pve content in this game. They didn't have time to flush it out prior to release. I think the hybrid spec's that healers have were suppose to be a support/utility role which just never fit into the playerbase meta due to focus of scale. The support/utility hybrid spec that healers have compliment other spec's (even now) so they perform more optimal.

roadkillrobin

Post#130 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:42 pm

I don't agree with that. All healers were moast likly designed as hybrids by intent for PVE and as pure healers for PVP. With the option to go more dps less heals for solo questing. But also with the option to use those off specs in PVP. But moast likly not the intent to be the main spec for the class in PVP. I've explained how it was structured and how the healers hybridized automaticly in PVE, but mechanics didn't translated ballanced in PVP coz they probobly were more focused on being healers in PVP. All the 6 healers were niched once upon a time. Sham/AM, strong resses, good single target burst heal potential, bad Grouphealing and suvibillity. Intended to be far backline healers. DoK/WP strong group healing capabillity, good surviavillity bonus for staying in close range. Very bad single target healing and very bad ressurection. RP/Zealot designed to be in the middle. Ballanced healer. So what happenedwhen they screwed up this ballance with WP/DoK is that they gave em much better ressurection and single target capabillity. And what was intended as nerf for the classes role as healer actually made the other healers less specilized. Returning the 6 sec cast of ressurection and Removing Khaines Invigoriation/Divine Aid from the game. Might actually bring em more in line were they are supose to live as not only would they be more grouphealing focused. They would also spend more resources without acess to KI/DA wich would force to stand close to the frontline to regain resorces. And it would make the other healers speciallity, speciall again. And they wont need to really screw withthe armor vallues. Wich imo. Is something wich probobly shouldn't be doing. A good WP/DoK utilize the armor buff to regen resources. Something the class can't really do anymore due to having the worst armor of all the healers if they play in healing stance atm, witch also limits the amounts of specs the classes can do while still being a Salvation WP due to not have acess to all the prayers etz while in different specs. This limits the options much harder and force them into cookicutter builds much more then before.