Recent Topics

Ads

[Implementation Feedback] A suggestion for a Throwing Dagger/Snap Shot change.

After feedback has reached it's viable limit, it will retire here to keep the main section clean and tidy.
Grugnir

Re: A suggestion for a Throwing Dagger/Snap Shot change.

Post#31 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:45 am

Azarael wrote:It might be better to use a 20% snare from the side but still have no CD, or to go with a 3s CD.
That makes sense and wouldn't be so terrible in the 1v1 aspect.

P.S. "(...)we've made our decision and it's stated within the rules, too. 1on1 will be cast to the wayside."
Where can I find this?

Ads
Bozzax

Post#32 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:50 am

The snare can still be defeated by turning into it as it's about to hit you
Snare is vs kite and turning into it means you aren't kiting. Either way WH/WE win.

Yes it is a huge buff to a class that "always" get the opener.
Last edited by Bozzax on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Azarael

Post#33 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:51 am

Grugnir wrote:P.S. "(...)we've made our decision and it's stated within the rules, too. 1on1 will be cast to the wayside."
Where can I find this?
viewtopic.php?f=96&t=11105
Rules wrote:1. Do not make arguments based on engagements smaller than 6v6.

We are not interested in class performance and balance on scales smaller than 6v6. Period. Topics made based around such scales will be locked immediately, and posters making arguments which are based around performance at very small scales will be infracted. This rule primarily exists to keep 1on1 duelling topics out of the forum and to make it very clear that regardless of what anyone's opinion on the validity of duelling in Warhammer may be, we are not interested in dealing with it.

Penril

Post#34 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:51 am

Grugnir wrote:
Azarael wrote:It might be better to use a 20% snare from the side but still have no CD, or to go with a 3s CD.
That makes sense and wouldn't be so terrible in the 1v1 aspect.

P.S. "(...)we've made our decision and it's stated within the rules, too. 1on1 will be cast to the wayside."
Where can I find this?
viewtopic.php?f=96&t=11105#p113599

Everyone should read that before posting in the balance forums.

Grugnir

Post#35 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:54 am

Thank you. I knew about the rule of not advocating for any 1v1 arguments. Just didn't notice it was stated in the rules.

I will be using it a lot in the future.
Last edited by Grugnir on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bozzax

Post#36 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:56 am

Have you guys considered adding the snare to 11+1pts tactics
Broad Severings
Sweeping Razor

Making it more interesting and giving something unique to WE/WH that requires them to spec outside of the cookie cutter to get it? 5s duration mebbe ... as it hits 3 at 25feet.

Those could even make them more wanted in ORVR where stealth kinda looses effectivness.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Gobtar

Post#37 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:09 pm

I agree that a good player will be able to strafe in order to avoid taking the full brunt of the snare, thus for 2) rewarding skill play by less of a snare opens on sides but still snares, does both to incentivise skill play and still ups the ability to being widly used and viable.

4) Currently there is only one real opener, enfeebling strike/sudden accusations, adding a snare effect (a second stack) the other openers would add viability to the other openers and gives the WH/WE a real choice on how they want to open. Do they want their opponent to have manuevabilty at the cost of damage, or do they snare, where the opponent is taking less damage from the opener but they are slowed opening them up to back attacks.

Anadim

Post#38 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:17 pm

Why not just back to original version of Feinted positioning, and how does it work. When Activated, everything on enemy is his back. Works simple on live.

Ads
Azarael

Post#39 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:28 pm

Anadim wrote:Why not just back to original version of Feinted positioning, and how does it work. When Activated, everything on enemy is his back. Works simple on live.
Err, no, it wasn't that way on live

Tyr

Post#40 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:05 pm

I would like to see option 3 imho. This would also help for things like pistol whip, BAL or other skills with position requirement.