Recent Topics

Ads

Is there a way to stop 'rested' XP boost?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
explosion

Is there a way to stop 'rested' XP boost?

Post#1 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:28 pm

Hi there everyone,

I enjoy the leveling process a lot. Doing quests of different factions and playing scenarios. However I don't want to level up too quickly because I know that lvl 40 Scenarios are just otherworldly hard for characters that just turned lvl 40.

Therefore: Is there a way to turn of the 'rested' XP boost? Because I have so little time to play I (unfortunately) get a lot of it and don't have enough time to really get to know my class before I get destroyed at lvl 40. I googled and found a comment by a developer that said that the rested XP boost is about twice as high in the capital as in other areas, but no mention of how to possibly turn it off completely, which I would highly prefer.

Does someone know of a way?

Thank you for reading!

Ads
NSKaneda

Re: Is there a way to stop 'rested' XP boost?

Post#2 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:34 pm

You get most rested xp value when logging off in guild hall > city > warcamp > chapter camp > world so if you want to reduce it log off somewhere in the world and use xp reduction scrolls (available at every quartermaster for lvl 16+) to further reduce xp gain.

Gud huntin'!
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

SurgetheDrink

Post#3 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:31 pm

explosion wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:28 pm Hi there everyone,

I enjoy the leveling process a lot. Doing quests of different factions and playing scenarios. However I don't want to level up too quickly because I know that lvl 40 Scenarios are just otherworldly hard for characters that just turned lvl 40.

Therefore: Is there a way to turn of the 'rested' XP boost? Because I have so little time to play I (unfortunately) get a lot of it and don't have enough time to really get to know my class before I get destroyed at lvl 40. I googled and found a comment by a developer that said that the rested XP boost is about twice as high in the capital as in other areas, but no mention of how to possibly turn it off completely, which I would highly prefer.

Does someone know of a way?

Thank you for reading!
Hello, as stated above the only way to avoid that by any means is not logging out in cities, war camps and such. It is a hard world out there however there is no way around the rested xp system as it is a global system. I wish there was more to it but its inside the framework.

Helwer

Post#4 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:34 am

you can find it in the chat when there is a note "you feel rested now" after entering capital city or warcamp. so try to find a place to log off where you are not rested. otherwise "instructors boon" scroll from quartermasters.

for devs one challenge maybe. on live server there was a time you could completely stop xp-gain. ofc it will lead to a few hardcore with 15/30 in T1 or 39/78 in T2/T3 but i think it could be an option for future to attract more players that prefer different things.

explosion

Post#5 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:30 am

Thank you kindly for your help and insights. Too bad one can't completely turn it off then it seems.

Would be lovely for devs to implement a zone where at least the rested bonus is gone - as Helwer pointed out - though not xp gain completely.

It's not that XP is the problem for me but the impression that I would enjoy the game more if I played my character non-stop until 40 (and therefore don't get rested Booster) instead of irregularly (and thereby geeting boosted a lot).

Sulorie

Post#6 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:14 am

Helwer wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:34 am you can find it in the chat when there is a note "you feel rested now" after entering capital city or warcamp. so try to find a place to log off where you are not rested. otherwise "instructors boon" scroll from quartermasters.

for devs one challenge maybe. on live server there was a time you could completely stop xp-gain. ofc it will lead to a few hardcore with 15/30 in T1 or 39/78 in T2/T3 but i think it could be an option for future to attract more players that prefer different things.
The devs know about XP off on live servers and it isn't implemented here intentionally. You can minimize XP gains but not turn off completely.
Dying is no option.

Helwer

Post#7 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:59 am

I thought so and on live it was not from the beginning too. Things can change like rebalancing, players will argue about anything if you have it and get slain by a 39/78 in your 80+ BiS gear or if you don't have it implemented like here. :-)