Recent Topics

Ads

Help choosing a destro tank.

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
tazdingo

Re: Help choosing a destro tank.

Post#21 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:34 pm

i implore that those of you saying that BOs massive block numbers make him a very survivable tank read your combat logs... orders killer classes do not care one iota about your block. it might eat guard dmg but chosen and bg don't exactly struggle with parry

BO is by far destros least survivable tank. what BO is is the best melee class in the game due to his potential for the highest balance of offense and defence, but defence alone he is so far behind chosen and BG its not even funny. if you're stacking block on destro expecting it alone to keep you alive in rvr, you will be very sad, and BO sucks at stacking anything else for survivability

Ads
Cyrylius

Post#22 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:48 pm

@ChicagoJoe swordmaster is currently, thanks to having cool down reducer, best organized play tank, in addition to being the highest damage one. I don't know why would you consider it worse than blork, it has all the tools blork has except block channel in addition to some extra ones.
@tazdingo with all the respect you deserve if I, playing snb blackguard, notice a visible difference in damage taken when I pop block channel, then it l is probably very similar on black ork. After all most classes even on order are still affected by block, the only one which can reasonably bypass it having rather short uptime on the effect. And then as blork you still have was debuffs, damage reduction and absorb bubbles. Already compared BG and chosen survivability tools, you can try doing the same if you disagree with what I'm saying.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

tazdingo

Post#23 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:18 pm

it helps in situation where you may use channel ie. holding some sort of line but when brawling it just doesn't seem to work. i ran a BO with 40% block before channel, checking combat logs i see maybe 5% blocks at best

BG has bonkers toughness which actually does real work vs big hits when you get it that high and with chosen its so easy to hit required markers that you can stack anything you want. both also have the disrupt speed proc which is seriously slept on as a survivability tool for tanks, if you are hardcore frontliner they keep you alive more than any other tank tool

but then i haven't played BO in couple years, wez bigger looks like possible alt to speed proc and maybe some of the other changes have helped. i think the thing most people are stuck on is toughness being bad... it isnt its better than live and scales really well now. terrifying foe cannot be touched

Cyrylius

Post#24 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:23 am

Frontline fights are survived through good positioning and having non-suicidal DPS, you'll be getting flanked more often than not most likely anyway. BG gets toughness, of course, but you still have to stack it reasonably high for the buff to get powerful. And I heard lots of tanks (mainly chosens, but haven't asked snb bgs about that) take improved flee instead of the tactic anyway, so mobility is available for all tanks. Chosens main defensive button is oppression and parry buff, which are imo much less impactful than can't hit me, as in my experience channeled skills give you much more pronounced effect instantly.

tazdingo

Post#25 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:25 am

bg can combo speed with elite training these days. anyway im probably dragging this off topic, i dont think BO holds a candle to bg or chosen in terms of survivability but i guess it depends how you play. problem with BO is that you dont really have the cc to make basing the enemy worthwhile in the first place unlike bg or chosen where taking constant risks to be as forward as possible can actually pay off big time for your wb. bg dreams of we'z bigger... give that effect to any tank with a proper punt and you have the anti maintank tank

Cyrylius

Post#26 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:38 am

You don't spec elite training in oRvR, and it doesn't do anything to your speed anyway. That being said, you might be correct that higher survivability comes from having less business in the blob. That being said, as a proper tank you should be providing knockdown you do have on blork, so this only applies to low effort tanks.

sharpblader

Post#27 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:52 am

Cyrylius wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:38 am You don't spec elite training in oRvR, and it doesn't do anything to your speed anyway. That being said, you might be correct that higher survivability comes from having less business in the blob. That being said, as a proper tank you should be providing knockdown you do have on blork, so this only applies to low effort tanks.
Elite training gives an almost guaranteed speed boost with endless pursuit tactic.

Also, there was a forum poll sometime last year which ranked knight as the hardest tank to kill, and BO was second.

tazdingo

Post#28 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:04 am

yeah the parry its almost a downside now, have to make sure its not gonna eat it before a disrupt goes off

playing footsies is usually for the purpose of superpunting. i know the order wbs and i know their cornerstones, i know their names, i know the colour of their armour. usually a knight, slayer or, the biggest target, an aoe bw. as bg i can put that frigger wherever i want at huge personal risk. he is dead, 100%. the ep combo is invaluable for this. kding him for 3 secs achieves nothing, i dont even bother hitting for 5 unless i really need to line up my shot (though so many slayers seem to run the anti kd it doesnt really work either)

my point is BO could do that extremely consistently using wez bigger and flee/ap if he had a good punt, which he doesn't. people are still stuck with 10 year old thinking when it comes to tanks, which is why nobody plays them... can do some more interesting stuff than staying in tether range and spamming htl these days

Ads
Cyrylius

Post#29 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:40 am

well, id argue that 5s KD is in some extreme cases worse than kill, if someone gets rezed fast (especially for leader), and yeah sniping targets on BG is pretty worthwhile. That being said i dont think you need additional disrupt beyond what you already get from HTL/stats, assuming you go some dodge renown, enless pursuit procs frequently enough in my opinion. Also, knockdowns are called on targets in org warbands, whether it matters or not, to keep the blob on target.

tazdingo

Post#30 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:26 pm

yeah but im always trying to save points on deft these days, order only have the one caster and it's not particularly a popular class. bha stacking was nerfed and tough changes have made remaining prdps dmg completely ignorable on tanks. it's worth trying for anyone who yet hasn't, no means mandatory renown points these days. what am i building against, lileaths?

you'd be surprised how little ep pops when just running some passive disrupt and bg always has 50 other better things he can choose to do before channelling htl in a brawl, elite training really helps

also true gigachads ignore every callout and get reinvited anyway