Recent Topics

Ads

Which class to pick?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.

Poll: Order most needed heroes are:

SW
10%
Kotbs
50%
WP
40%
Total votes: 40

mekal

Re: Which class to pick?

Post#11 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:29 am

don775 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:05 am
mekal wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:23 am first figure out what you want to do since all of those classes are vastly different
I really like to play melee hybrids, other than SW that I play mostly skrimisher hybrids.
i suggest wp then its a great class solo or in a premade you can single target dps quite well when geared can heal for when your team needs it or can go hammer and shield for a mix of both

Ads
Noslock

Post#12 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:34 am

don775 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:00 am Thanks for your replies, I am not looking for the easiest class but the one order needs most.
The game needs people with brain.Thats the class u need to roll.I would pick knight and learn it properly.Or Wp if u like to heal.Both are solid choices.

don775

Post#13 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:36 pm

Every time I queue with my WP I get a team with three+ WPs with RPs and Archmages.. or just me when everybody is expecting me to heal which is depressing. I get the feeling WP can do better than Kotbs as a duelist or in small clashes, however, I think I will continue with my Kotbs. thanks for all the replies.

As far as I understood it is possible to play sword+shield offensively and great weapon defensively so I will figure this out for my build first, WP get much better rewards in terms of offense for using a great weapon but kotbs actually lose quite a bit for a bit more burst so I am probably gonna play sword+shield for now.

don775

Post#14 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:33 pm

Hello there, just a bit of closure (rant).

So I finally decided to ditch KOTBS - and I hope to give bit of insight to newcomers as well.
I made it to 48 (99% of that through scenarios) and been doing some RvR and PQs mostly for fun - I been trying nearly any possible build so far as well and here some conclusions;

1. Scenarios reset only when theres low Dest pop so i've ended up playing and entire scenario many times with -3/-4, aside from plenty of players in general not caring much about objectives(see 5.) and broken compositions assuming they cannot achieve BO alone, so to put a title on it i'd say 'matchmaking system sucks' - the reason I've decided return to SW.

2. KOTBS nerfed, this one sucks even harder because commands are not giving viable chocie or significance to you only to others, a 750/36% gw and you cant even scratch any healer, you are not intimidating any melee since they are already faster and stronger than you by default, and mdps will tear you to smaller pieces needless to say never bring a great weapon against squig herders and whats worse is gear - because it turns already stronger enemy to invincible, exceptionally as a tank, next-

3. As a tank - tank perks also nerfed and tree doesn't allow you anything but holding on to your dear shield with Vigilance for self defense that limit your options to 100% shield and no utility, so forget about a gw fighter or even dps tank, when you play with shield you will also find out you need healing that is very scarce, you cant really help anybody, and your auras are useless to others if you do so. all you do is practically hug poles for medals, or die.

4. I suspect many KOTBS abilities dont work well or as intended to the very least making alternatives even worse, Focused Mending, Arcing Swing, Hold The Line, Vicious Slash, not fully working or work in a strange way sometimes.

5. Order is largely combined with returning players (nerfed kotbs) newcomers (weak and helpless), xrealmers that either dont care about bo or just test things out, and super toxic vetrans that live in their own fantasy. the ones I encountered in scenarios (and relatively few WBS since i rarely do so) also lack any sense of strategy or trying to intentionally aid their friends. I didnt want to open this pandora box but its there so be aware of it.

To sum it up,
I would advise playing a solo career or let your guild pick for you.