Good duo with IB ?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Melandrhild

Good duo with IB ?

Post#1 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:23 pm

Hello, I would like to ask, what would be a good character for my husband to play with my IB ? We only play duo, both RvR and PvE. He was leaning towards high elves but really we would like to hear any advice regardless of race.

Thanks for help ! :)

Ads
NSKaneda

Re: Good duo with IB ?

Post#2 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:08 pm

IB is like that dwarf song about Gold: it goes with everything.
They can buff mdps, rdps and healers, have tools to deal with most enemy classes and IMO IB is one of the best assist classes in the game.

Keep oathbuddy and guard on your hubby, buff him up when he needs it, debuff his targets and if he decides on rdps keep your shield for holding the line at hand.

Good hunting :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#3 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:12 pm

I think the main issue will be providing damage and heals at the same time, while only having two people. With three people this wouldn't be an issue since you could have any tank, any dps and any healer. But with two you need some sort of hybrid to ensure you aren't taking forever to kill anything, and not dying to anything too fast.

Warrior priest can focus on strength and damage, using either a shield or 2handed hammer instead of book. The main life steal abilities are divine assault, divine strike and at level 20 can use sigmar's radiance with a shield. All of those provide healing while doing damage at the same time. Then at level 25 divine strike can be upgraded with the tactic 'grace of sigmar' in the grace spec tree. Using a shield is required for some of these abilities, but 2handed hammer is also an option for slightly more damage.

Sword master could be another option since they can provide passive heals to the group with Phantom's Blade. They can also provide absorb shields like the first ability in the hoeth spec tree.

Engineer can take 'bugman's best' at level 24 in the tinkerer spec tree for a small passive regeneration for healing. This option might not provide 'enough' healing unless the IB is tanky enough to only require a small amount of healing.

Runepriest and arch mage can provide magic damage and heals at the same time, but not both of them to the same extent as warrior priest. Arch mage is usually viewed as the better of the two at dealing damage.

The IB can take runic shield and grumble an mutter skills from the brotherhood spec tree for some self healing too.

I would say that slayer, shadow warrior, white lion, bright wizard, knight, witch hunter will likely not work out and would have troubles with fighting pve champion and hero monsters due to lack of reliable healing.

Melandrhild

Post#4 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:32 pm

Thanks for your answer, we're trying archmage and ironbreaker right now :) But at least we have some ideas if he wants to try something else !

BluIzLucky

Post#5 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:07 pm

All high elves go pretty well with IB duo, but the solo/duo community is fairly small and very well geared, so it's gonna be a fairly long journey until you can match them.
You will of course get some random kills but about as many as the times you'll get run over by 6 mans and warbands, so just be prepared to die.. a lot..

At lvl 27-30 you'll have a bolster power spike and I suggest you always have xp reduce scroll on and logout outside resting areas (chapters,wc,city), and put on the best gear and talis for the lvl. This is the closest you'll feel to endgame gear until you have it so will give you a good idea of how it plays and feels.

SW can solo all PQs (pve), except the 24 man ones, and has very decent dungeon performance even in noobie gear.
Squishy but good burst, cc and mobility, with IB to guard and slow you can do very well against equal numbers. Meh bolster spike.

WL can be very strong and sturdy with support, but is a shadow of it's former glory. Strong spike.

SM no Inc heal debuff so healers will be a bit harder, but guarding each other while dealing very good dmg and cc is very fun. Also you'll both die around the same time most of the time unlike the others where your husband might just die in a couple of seconds. Weak spike.

AM very strong and good choice, pve won't be an issue even lair bosses. I would say AM is the hardest to play if you want to do everything at the same time (heal, dps, cc, kite), I would just go full dps. spike is very strong.

Edit: bolster was just at changed to not fall of sharply after 30, but regardless there's a period before 40 where you might enjoy being a power couple in t2-3 scenarioes, maybe it's now lvl 35-39.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Sciberr

Post#6 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:41 am

IB and WP = ggez 2v12 every sc

kmark101

Post#7 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:17 am

IB + WP is superb duo, especially when both geared, can turn the tide in many battles.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

normanis

Post#8 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:34 am

slayer is good with ib
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#9 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:55 am

I would suggest a WP for following reasons:
- both classes need to supplement each other, IB lacks healing so this should be healer. Such pair may be virtually invincible.
- why WP and not other healers? IB buffs strength, crits and weapon skill - something a melee healer needs. IB doesn't buff direct (casted) healing so your AM can only benefit from armor and toughness buffs. And only WP can be melee healer.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ruin

Post#10 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:08 pm

Hello,
To clarify to my knowledge IB doesn’t buff WS for others, and he does buffs Crit chance for all sources melee, magic and heal. Also IB can buff WP by a loot.