Recent Topics

Ads

New to the game, would like some advice please.

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
ltom

New to the game, would like some advice please.

Post#1 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:11 pm

Hello, I just started this game yesterday and it seems pretty fun. But I would like some advice because I am not sure which class to level up to max. I am between black orc and choppa but I can't decide which one to pick and I can't find much info online either. I like playing heavy hitting melee classes (preferably 2h but I don't mind dual wield) especially for PvP, but I don't know if a black orc can do that, being a tank and all, or if it creates problems with matchmaking etc. If anyone could help me a bit with some info I would appreciate it a lot.

Ads
abezverkhiy

Re: New to the game, would like some advice please.

Post#2 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:48 am

ltom wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:11 pm Hello, I just started this game yesterday and it seems pretty fun. But I would like some advice because I am not sure which class to level up to max. I am between black orc and choppa but I can't decide which one to pick and I can't find much info online either. I like playing heavy hitting melee classes (preferably 2h but I don't mind dual wield) especially for PvP, but I don't know if a black orc can do that, being a tank and all, or if it creates problems with matchmaking etc. If anyone could help me a bit with some info I would appreciate it a lot.
Welcome to the best pvp game.

Look both classes can hit with 2h but 2h weapons do not hit hard these days. As a choppa you will be asked often to play dual wielding to provide the aoe damage. For the BO they may need you to wear shield. So think which of these other two roles is more appealing to you - tank or aoe dps.

I see 2h orcs of both classes quite often. They can produce big numbers but 2h specs are not considered as optimal. Just spend some time with career builder and decide what fits you best.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

abezverkhiy

Post#3 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:01 am

There's however a very important difference in mechanics of the classes:
- BO uses Plans , the way they work is like first use A, then B becomes available and after using B ability C becomes available for using. So it is A-B-C rotation based.
- Choppa gets Rage as he keeps on fighting, more rage is higher damage and access to some abilities otherwise unavailable when rage is zero. This mechanics is easier to manage - just emerge in fighting and keep on fighting. But as a trade off Choppa's defences become weaker as he gets madder cause he is a stupid chopping machine whereas BO plans his actions and stays hard

ltom

Post#4 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:33 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:01 am There's however a very important difference in mechanics of the classes:
- BO uses Plans , the way they work is like first use A, then B becomes available and after using B ability C becomes available for using. So it is A-B-C rotation based.
- Choppa gets Rage as he keeps on fighting, more rage is higher damage and access to some abilities otherwise unavailable when rage is zero. This mechanics is easier to manage - just emerge in fighting and keep on fighting. But as a trade off Choppa's defences become weaker as he gets madder cause he is a stupid chopping machine whereas BO plans his actions and stays hard
Yeah I know about this mechanic, it reminds me a lot of windwalker monks combo strikes from wow, which I do enjoy I must say, But since 2H builds aren't that good right now I'll go choppa cause sword and board BO just feels a bit bad for me, even though I don't like his mechanic too much. I don't mind dual wielding and I like having good aoe so, that's good enough for me. Thanks a lot for the advice appreciate it

abezverkhiy

Post#5 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:30 am

I see your point. Personally, I did the same - levelled Slayer, almost mirror class to Choppa and my Sword Master (almost mirror to BO) stuck somewhere in 20s cause this rotation is a bit too much for me.

As Choppa you should try Path of da Savage cause that's where big juicy figures from 2h live. At least on my 2h Slayer I play that tree and cleft foes till their bare ass.