Recent Topics

Ads

Sorc/BW Question

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
balvor877
Suspended

Re: Sorc/BW Question

Post#21 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:55 am

I think there are several reasons why Sorcs/BWs dont perform that well:

1. Deft Defender is too cheap. It is too easy for everybody to get disrupt.
2. Tanks (and maras) are too tanky vs magic. They have block, tactics, morals, bubble, guard, self heal... Even healers are hard to kill with their high disrupt and tools.
3. The counter classes are strong atm. Especially for BWs the WEs and SHs are very strong at the moment.
4. Bad escape tools. The SWs/SHs self knock back and snare is so much better than everything the BW/Sorcs have.
5. They are hurting themselves when doing damage.
6. Their damage no longer justifies the draw back of the class. They are balanced with running 100% in mind. Other classes have similar damage.
7. Taunt hurts casters more than melees. It interrupts.
8. They lack in tight spaces where they have to get close to melees. For melees it is an advantage, for casters usually a disadvantage.

Sorcs/BWs are too strong in certain situations like instant killing randoms and too weak in others like killing tanks. They are also dead meat to SHs and WEs.

Id nerf Deft Defender, make Tanks more vulnerable to magic damage because in every other MMO the mage is the counter of the tanky meels - not so in RoR. That's the main issue and the reason we have the melee heavy meta.

Ads