Recent Topics

Ads

Fresh Newbie looking for help with Class/addons

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
AOG

Fresh Newbie looking for help with Class/addons

Post#1 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:12 pm

Hello, to start off I'm a fresh newbie in this game and a pre existing fan of Warhammer Fantasy. Saw it and was very interested in giving it a go.
I wanted to ask some questions about 2 main things, I've asked some other people but I found it a bit vague, and I want some clarity (to give some context, I have played a lot of Vanilla WoW and am most familiar with that, so I want to find what is most familiar to that for me)

Firstly
What is the class in this game that is most Similar to a Warlock from WoW? Specifically in the DoT/Debuff heavy playstyle. Always been a fan of being a DPS/Utility style player and want something that is heavily focused around that sort of playstyle (e.g. throwing up dots and debuffs then attacking) I heard Shaman and Archmage are the most Similar, but am unsure on this. I will if else fails fall back and play as an Engineer, and Definitely a Witch hunter specifically because I love Witch hunters in the Lore (Big hats and being a knockoff Van Hellsing is always fun.)

Secondly
I'd like a rundown on UI stuff, I plan to make my UI Very specific/particular in this game, as close to the one I use in Wow as I can (pic related Image is what I used) what sort of addons should I look into for this? (E.g. Movable Hotbars, Unitframes that can show health and resource percentages, buff/debuff trackers and a bottom bar with stuff.)

Appreciate your help on this and you reading this! please get back to me soon and link me stuff if it is for addons.

Ads
Stophy22

Re: Fresh Newbie looking for help with Class/addons

Post#2 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:44 pm

Magus and Engineer are dot heavy, I never played a warlock so I can't say for certain, but shaman and archmage are dot heavy as well. Based on what you described though I'd say magus/engineer.

As for UI, I'd check out the VinyUI that comes with the game when you download it, pretty much has everything you need. Any other addons you need you can kinda snatch and grab as you learn more.

Hope it helps.
Spoiler:
If for some reason you can't find it viewtopic.php?t=6371
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

AOG

Post#3 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:18 am

Thanks for the advice! hoping VinyUI can be tweaked in the way i want it to be

mekal

Post#4 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:05 am

vinyui is a decent starting point but do NOT use the one that comes prepacked with the game download its very outdated recent version can be found here viewtopic.php?f=66&t=6371

also once you get more familiar with the game/ui i strongly recommend heading to https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/ so you can further customize