Recent Topics

Ads

How to AM and Shaman

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
BluIzLucky

Re: How to AM and Shaman

Post#31 » Tue May 11, 2021 7:49 pm

p00ky wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:55 pm
Original Post sais you run 4 vanq for the proc? :o Ap drain + pots should be more than enough ap to have to sacrifice staying at 4 vanq instead of going sent/sov, but just my opinion ;)

Still, nice quick guide on helping the new players out there know the ropes (guys pick Shammy over AM if you wana succeed though).
Reasons to run vanq 4p:
1) If you are using AP Drain you are not healing for up to 10% of your time (not necessarily a bad thing).
2) If you are chucking AP pots, you likely doing so when you need to be healing the most.
3) If you are running Resto Burst, you are not running 1 other tactic.

6p sov + 3p sent seems better for ranked for sure, but 4p vanq + inv/sent/sov mix for rvr/city is very strong.
Last edited by BluIzLucky on Sat May 15, 2021 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
p00ky

Post#32 » Fri May 14, 2021 4:17 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:49 pm
p00ky wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:55 pm
Original Post sais you run 4 vanq for the proc? :o Ap drain + pots should be more than enough ap to have to sacrifice staying at 4 vanq instead of going sent/sov, but just my opinion ;)

Still, nice quick guide on helping the new players out there know the ropes (guys pick Shammy over AM if you wana succeed though).
If you are using AP Drain you are not healing for up to 10% of your time (not necessarily a bad thing).
If you are chucking AP pots, you likely doing so when you need to be healing the most.
If you are running Resto Burst, you are not running 1 other tactic.

6p sov + 3p sent seems better for ranked for sure, but 4p vanq + inv/sent/sov mix for rvr/city is so strong it makes me wonder why you don't just get your DPS BIS first, then lvl up 23 other classes and get BIS on them, then take a break and sit in a park and think about life and if RoR is really worth it before getting 6p heal sov.. But ey.. just my opinion ;)
Quite simply, unless you have a full group playing around you to make you barely keep up in healing numbers with any good runnie (cos u will never keep up with a good WP), you have to bring other things to the table. There is no reason what so ever to bring a try hard, only focus on heal numbers AM over a good runnie or WP anyday and no decent premade ever would.
The fact that youfeel the need to get both the vanq proc + the ap tactic because you cant keep up an instant cast ap drain and combine with pots if needed sais a lot as well. Even Isha encourgements gives u an aditional 1k hot or insta rezz if your vs decent premade who dont let you rezz. - deleted the rest of post as wasnt OP replying just a rude nobody :shock: -

BluIzLucky

Post#33 » Sat May 15, 2021 5:49 am

p00ky wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:17 pm Quite simply, unless you have a full group playing around you to make you barely keep up in healing numbers with any good runnie (cos u will never keep up with a good WP), you have to bring other things to the table. There is no reason what so ever to bring a try hard, only focus on heal numbers AM over a good runnie or WP anyday and no decent premade ever would.
The fact that youfeel the need to get both the vanq proc + the ap tactic because you cant keep up an instant cast ap drain and combine with pots if needed sais a lot as well. Even Isha encourgements gives u an aditional 1k hot or insta rezz if your vs decent premade who dont let you rezz. - deleted the rest of post as wasnt OP replying just a rude nobody :shock: -
Just trying to be funny p00ky, sorry if it didn't come across like that, I'll edit the "rude" part since it seems like the constructive part got skipped and OP can still reply with his reasoning if he wants :)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

p00ky

Post#34 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:00 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:49 am
p00ky wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:17 pm Quite simply, unless you have a full group playing around you to make you barely keep up in healing numbers with any good runnie (cos u will never keep up with a good WP), you have to bring other things to the table. There is no reason what so ever to bring a try hard, only focus on heal numbers AM over a good runnie or WP anyday and no decent premade ever would.
Just trying to be funny p00ky, sorry if it didn't come across like that, I'll edit the "rude" part since it seems like the constructive part got skipped and OP can still reply with his reasoning if he wants :)
THanks for getting back to me on this. I guess reading posts is always open to interpretation (miss interpretation on my side it seems :D )

EuphoricAnguish

Post#35 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:52 pm

Is this guide legitimate? Seems odd to me that the best healing spell isn't found in the healing tree. If this is real, I'll gladly spec it, I just find it odd that you don't (initially) spec Mork when your primary role is healing.

Sulorie

Post#36 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:59 pm

EuphoricAnguish wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:52 pm Is this guide legitimate? Seems odd to me that the best healing spell isn't found in the healing tree. If this is real, I'll gladly spec it, I just find it odd that you don't (initially) spec Mork when your primary role is healing.
There is no reason to spec anything else than mork at beginning. You need higher rank and lvl to be able to spec Fodg without losing too much else.
Dying is no option.

shoelessHN

Post#37 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:30 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:59 pm
EuphoricAnguish wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:52 pm Is this guide legitimate? Seems odd to me that the best healing spell isn't found in the healing tree. If this is real, I'll gladly spec it, I just find it odd that you don't (initially) spec Mork when your primary role is healing.
There is no reason to spec anything else than mork at beginning. You need higher rank and lvl to be able to spec Fodg without losing too much else.
Soon as you can get FotG or EoV (lvl30?) it's the best healing spec. In group play it will out heal the toughness hot (sham) or channel heal (AM) easily. People that spec up Mork and spam slow group heals should delete their characters and reroll dok.

Sulorie

Post#38 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:45 pm

shoelessHN wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:30 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:59 pm There is no reason to spec anything else than mork at beginning. You need higher rank and lvl to be able to spec Fodg without losing too much else.
Soon as you can get FotG or EoV (lvl30?) it's the best healing spec. In group play it will out heal the toughness hot (sham) or channel heal (AM) easily. People that spec up Mork and spam slow group heals should delete their characters and reroll dok.
When you get a choppa into your group, yes. And have someone else in your group providing resist buff, as your own buff is trash tier with 0 points in mork. In a premade you can skip snare puddle at that rank too, as all defense you will ever need is a tank guarding you.
Dying is no option.

Ads
EuphoricAnguish

Post#39 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:55 am

shoelessHN wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:30 pm People that spec up Mork and spam slow group heals should delete their characters and reroll dok.
A 2.5 second cast with no cooldown you know will hit your group versus a 2.0 second cast with a 5 second cooldown which can hit any friendly target close enough ... I'm not sure where the superior attitude is coming from regarding the use of group heals. Can you explain it?

CyunUnderis

Post#40 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:26 am

EuphoricAnguish wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:55 am A 2.5 second cast with no cooldown you know will hit your group versus a 2.0 second cast with a 5 second cooldown which can hit any friendly target close enough ... I'm not sure where the superior attitude is coming from regarding the use of group heals. Can you explain it?
FoG is considered an offensive spell. Therefore, FoG will be instantaneous if 5 defensive spells (Mork) have been cast before. Combine with Choppa Fasta (CD reducer from Choppa), you can spam some instant FoG.